Mega Man Robot Master Field Guide Blasts into Stores

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

So many Robot Masters

The Mega Man series is loved by many not just because of its tight controls and blasting action, but possibly because it has such a diverse range of quirky characters and enemies. For those who follow every intricacy of the Mega Man universe, it's a big ask to keep up.

Thankfully for those fans, and others who just love playing the games, publisher UDON Entertainment has now released the Mega Man Robot Master Field Guide, a comprehensive tome that provides details on every Robot Master and character from the games. Check out the UDON preview page for more information and links to view six pages from the book. UDON Entertainment’s Managing Editor Matt Moylan has this to say about the book:

The Robot Master Field Guide turned out wonderfully, largely due to the hard work of the whole team of people that worked on it. The book is a great resource for the classic Mega Man universe and its characters. I’m also especially glad that we finally get to showcase the Mega Man 9 & 10 characters that were not yet around when the Mega Man Official Complete Works book was originally created.

It's already available in good comic book stores in North America, while online retailers will sell copies within the next few weeks. Do any of you have a copy, or intend to get one?

[via udonentertainment.com]

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

I got the original Mega Man Complete Works book, so the only incentive to me would be to get the artwork that wasn't included in the original. Hmm.... I'll need to think about this.

SpaceKappa

SpaceKappa said:

I saw this while I was picking up Avengers vs X-Men yesterday, it looked AMAZING. I have a couple of the UDON books already (Mega Man Complete Works, Street Fighter Tribute) and they're wonderful products. I hope to add this to my coffee table soon!

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

I've had this on pre-order at Amazon for a while...I've been informed of a changed release date more times than I can imagine, and now I find out it's actually in stores before Amazon will even start shipping. Hooray for pre-ordering!

k8sMum

k8sMum said:

um...'it's a big ASK to keep up'?? (sorry, old english major here).

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'm a gamer, I'm a Mega Man fan... it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of WHEN I'll get it :)

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@k8sMum Is it sad that I was gonna include pointing that out in my comments as well? Then again, everybody makes mistakes, & I don't want someone, anyone, calling me out, on my typos. Just now I accidentally typed "me" as "mew". I was half-tempted to add an "o" for humor as opposed to saying "...calling me out", as I just said (in the sentence above) above.

I'm gonna have to check this out. Definitely this will end up a nice fan piece. & you know what King Harkinian (from the Cd-I Zelda titles) has to say about "peace". :D

Wolfenstein83

Wolfenstein83 said:

Awesome, I love stuff like this!
Super fighting robot...Mega Man!
Okay, I will stop now...but I want that book.

Retrogamer88

Retrogamer88 said:

so awsome,a must have,more game companys should do more retro books for the older games like this one