Ace Combat 3DS Screens Enter the Danger Zone

Posted by James Newton

Not pictured: volleyball scene

Ace Combat 3D is like the muscle-bound big brother of Pilotwings Resort: if Pilotwings' sedate island tomfoolery was a little slow for your liking, Ace Combat's Top Gun-inspired aerial chicanery could be right up your street.

The upcoming 3DS outing marks the first time the popular series has come to a Nintendo platform since 2005's Ace Combat Advance, and it's clear what advancements have been made in that time, as the Gamescom screenshots below show the game is shaping up pretty nicely in the graphics department.

Is this on your radar?

GARF13LD

GARF13LD said:

Looks cool, I played Blazing Angels and HAWX and those were pretty good so if you guys score it well maybe I would pick it up once the price dropped.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I really hope this game doesn't get lost in all of the other great game madness. Ace combat has been a personal favorite franchise of mine! Timing of this release might be critical. It better not appear any where near star fox!

Samholy

Samholy said:

wow. looks too good. makes me wonder why google didnt launch a google earth yet on 3ds. how sweet would that be ? look at the earth...in 3d.

those screens are impressive, ill have a watch on this title just for the wow factor.

Dodger

Dodger said:

I may just have to pick this up. I love flight games, wish there were more on DS. I still play AiRace Tunnel a lot.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Thanks James, now I have Kenny Loggins Playing with the Boys stuck in my head.:D Also, this game looks better than I expected. I might just pick it up.

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

I simply can't wait for this game to land itself inside my 3DS cartridge slot, because it will stay there for a longtime once it goes in! :D

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

I loved AC on the Xbox, and this would be quite an enjoyment especially on the 3DS. Hoping that they don't overdo the motion controls. I want a good, solid Ace Combat 3D. Not Galaga 3D Impact.

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

Yeah, i'm looking forward to it. If it turns out great it will be a day one purchase for me.