Japan's seeing a bit of a resurgence in Virtual Console releases, as recently it's been receiving five or six games per month. This month is no different, with six games divided equally across three systems. It includes another Square Enix game, but sadly, it's one of Square's lesser known titles, and not another game from the Enix catalogue.
The full list for June is as follows:
- Takahashi Meijin no Daibouken Jima — Master Takahashi's first SNES outing, though of course we know them better as Master Higgins and Super Adventure Island.
- Rudra no Hihou — A Square RPG release late in the system's life, it features a unique day and night system which comes with a time limit, as well as three different storylines. Complete all stories and you'll unlock a fourth and final one.
- Joy Joy Kid — A puzzler known in the West as *Puzzled-, this is like a combination of Tetris and Dr. Mario - The game features the familiar Tetris blocks, but also has "obstacle" blocks already present in the stage at the beginning, which you must try to remove.
- Fūun Super Tag Battle — Known in the West as Kizuna Encounter, this is a sequel to Savage Reign, which will be released on the Japanese Virtual Console next week. Like its predecessor, it's a fighter with weapons. An interesting fact is that the European version is mega-rare, with fewer than a dozen copies known to exist!
Virtual Console Arcade:
- Puyo Puyo Tsuu — The arcade version of the game we have as import, we can assume that this will feature online play just like the arcade version of the first game.
- Super Wonder Boy: Monster World — Don't let the title confuse you, this is simply the Japanese name for Wonder Boy in Monster Land, which is already available elsewhere on the Master System and will be headed to VCA sometime soon.
Quite an interesting month, would you get any of these?