Podcast: Episode 8!

Posted by James Newton

Bowser, Bang Camaro and Nintendo's Media Summit! Plus, your voices!

It's already been four weeks since our EA Interview Extravaganza, so that means it's time for the eighth episode of the Nintendo Life podcast!

As usual we have a recap of our news and reviews, meaning we revisit some of the stellar games we've seen this month - Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Cursed Mountain and more! - as well as the top stories that got our tongues wagging during September.

We've also got an interview with US band Bang Camaro, whom some of you might know from their songs on Guitar Hero, Rock Band and Madden. It's full of interesting revelations and well worth a listen, and we play the podcast out with their song Revolution. Make sure you stick to the end, by which point you'll be so bored of my voice it'll be a welcome break I'm sure!

All manner of other bits and pieces make this yet another exciting, action-packed edition of the Nintendo Life podcast!

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

Don't forget you can subscribe to our Podcast (using iTunes) or download it using this direct link here. You can also find us on iTunes, so you've got no excuse to miss any future episodes!

Our next question is: what one feature do you demand in the next Nintendo home console? HD graphics, backwards compatibility, a new controller, better online play? Let us know - Skype us at NintendoLife, call us on 020 8144 8216 from the UK, 011442081448216 from the US or 0011442081448216 from Australia. My, what a lot of numbers! If your head is spinning with all those digits, why not record your piece on your PC and email it to the podcast team? Easy - everyone's involved!

The next show's up on November 2nd, so come back then for more goodness, and let us know what you think in the comments below.

pinta_vodki

pinta_vodki said:

And now time to download the podcast! ;-)

Please, no "first" posts! - Mods

Okay! - pinta_vodki

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

I'm the first person to see this podcast.

Anyway, it was really neat to hear. Thank you for the podcast.

Objection

Objection said:

Curses, I forgot to send in anything for this episode. Oh well, you guys and gals will just have to wait until November to hear my voice again.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm the first person to see this podcast.

Here's your cookie. :)

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Wonderful Podcast Prosody! You should make a special edition one to teach me how to get a wonderful accent like yours :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

You sounded cool Terranigma. I'm the same way with my voice. It's horrible.

Terra

Terra said:

@Corbie - Thanks. :)

I'm sure you're voice isn't horrible (Have you been in any podcasts? I can't remember exactly). Most people don't like the sound of their voice from what I've seen.

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I did the WayForward interview in Podcast 6 and they re-ran a part of it in this one about Shantae.

Terra

Terra said:

Funny, I just remembered that part before you made the post. You've got a good voice, definitely not horrible.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

Next time make a video podcast! I need to see Prosody and that English accent. Its mind blowing

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

I agree, Corbie, you've got a horrible voice...

...nah, I kid, I kid - it's good! MY voice is (on the contrary) really annoying, both when I speak and when I hear myself, even though I haven't contributed here for a while.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

Thanks Prosody, awesome podcast :)

I have an idea, maybe we could do like a "user spotlight" where one particular user (or mod/reporter/reviewer) tells everyone a little about themself? Just a thought.

I vote GabeGreens gets first spotlight though, :P

luigiman2

luigiman2 said:

I wish I saw episode 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I'm surprised how somebody could talk for that long...

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Excellent podcast Prosody. They seem to be getting better and better with every episode. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one. Maybe I'll even call in next time.;)

vakama94

vakama94 said:

wow corbie i didnt think your voice was like that, its a lot good than i thought

James

James said:

Thanks for your feedback! Contrary to what I say myself in the podcast, the next episode is out on November 2nd which will give me time to squeeze in some reports from a games event I'm visiting in the UK.

Video podcasts are an option but take way more time than audio ones, but it's something we could look into doing in the future.

The next podcast question is "what one feature do you demand in the next Nintendo home console?" Contact details are in the news post!

y2josh

y2josh said:

No DSi here, but I put them on my iphone til i listen to them.

Love the podcasts. Keep up the good work :D

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Prosody: What do you mean, "contrary to what you said in the podcast?" I distinctly heard you say November 2nd. Don't know at what time, though, and I can't find it now. Strange. :|

Also, you need to stop insisting we're all sick of your voice. It's a mesmerizing accent you've got. Great sense of humor, too. :D

James

James said:

@Stuffgamer1 - yeah, I ended up amending the file. Guess I need to edit the copy as well now!

Anyway, the next show should be a long one and even more action-packed. I assume you're all going to contribute too, right..?