Puzzle Bobble Galaxy Gets August Date For Europe

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Receiving transmission from Bub and Bob's nipple antennae!

Europe, circle August 28 on your calendar if you're a fan of dinosaurs in space shooting bubbles at other bubbles on your DS, because publisher Square Enix has announced that Taito's Puzzle Bobble Galaxy will be hitting that day.

Space? Why are bubbly dinosaurs in space, you say? Well, allow the game's press release to explain that one:

An unmanned spaceship suddenly descends from the skies. Just for the fun of it, the brothers Bub and Bob board the ship and begin pushing buttons at random...

Brilliant. There's some interdimensional nonsense too, but really, that setup is all you need to know.

The game will feature Wi-Fi Connection multiplayer, in case you want to go online and press random buttons too.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

Let me be the first person to pick up on the Flight of the Conchords reference.

"This is Bobby to Bubby. Can you hear me out there man?"
"This is Bubby back to Bobby. Yes, I hear you loud and clear man."

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

Online! I may have to buy this game again.
Maybe if I "go online and press random buttons too" I wont lose against players with skill - unlike Tetris & Dr Mario :)

Stevie

Stevie said:

Also loving the Flight of the Conchords reference. Let's just hope they don't hear a sound or they may have to turn their ship around.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

@VGP:
I have the first season (which I adore), but I haven't seen the second season yet. Impatiently awaiting the DVD. I need my Murray fix.

Brilliant show. Their live stuff is painfully funny too, if you haven't youtubed it.

JonWahlgrenAdmin

JonWahlgren said:

@Chicken Brutus: The second season is fantastic. The song's are more tightly integrated (as in they were written for the shows as opposed to cramming in their previous material) and has some of the best tunes they've done. I was kinda let down by the first episode or two, but the rest of the season redeemed itself.

EPILEPEPEPILEPTIC

Outrunner

Outrunner said:

Is this DSiware or retail? I loves me some Bust-a-Move. As long as they keep the different designs for the bubbles since I'm colour-blind. It's great that they did that.

Chunky_Droid

4) Puzzle Bobble
3) Bubble Bobble (PC)
2) Puzzle Bobble Galaxy
1) Mike Tyson's Puzzle Bobble

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

MIKE TYSON'S PUZZLE BOBBLE!!

I'd buy THAT the day it came out, lol

EDIT: Yes i understand it's not a real game :)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

I will wait for the reviews, though its likely I'll purchase it. Puzzle Bobble Wii has been good so far for me

VGM

VGM said:

@ Chicken Brutus: Yeah I've youtubed there live performance's before,they are just plain old funny.and trust me the second season of Flight Of The Conchords is Amazing,and you will notice that they have something against Australian's. :D