Miles Edgeworth EU Release Date Announced

Posted by Jamie Giggs

You'll be able to play it February 19th

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth will be released in Europe on 19th February, Capcom announced. Miles Edgeworth is the next game in the Ace Attorney series, which won't be focusing on Phoenix Wright, the main protagonist of the whole series.

The story goes that Miles, upon witnessing his father's death and watching in horror as the suspected murderer was let free, gained a hatred for criminals and began studying to be a prosecutor, learning tactics from his mentor Manfred von Karma on how to always get a "guilty" verdict.

This game is a standard "point and click" adventure, with the player controlling Edgeworth's movements and what he interacts with. For each case, the goal is to collect evidence to determine who the perpetrator is, how the crime was committed and their motive. The game features five new cases.

Are you looking forward to it?

[via eurogamer.net]

pixelman

pixelman said:

I've heard good things about the Ace Attorney games. Maybe this will be my first one? :)

Noire

Noire said:

pixelman, beside your stealth firstie, that is exactly what I was thinking as well.

Edit: Then again, I don't live in Europe. Anyone know what the North American release date is?

Noire

Noire said:

Ahh, okay. Thanks, Giggsy. Hopefully I'll have some extra money around that time, but who knows. With all the games coming out in 2010 that I want I'm going to be hard-strapped for cash. Which is a good thing, but still forces me to make decissions.

@pixelman: I think it's because your a pixel ninja, myself. ;)

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

If it's cheap, I might check it out. All I've ever played of this series is the demo of the 3rd DS game(the only one that got a Nintendo Channel demo), and I didn't like that one very much. We'll see if I can get into this one...

EDIT: Wait, I thought this was a Wiiware game.:face-palm: Guess I still haven't gotten used to the change yet.:P I probably won't get this one, either. If anything, I might try to find the first one cheap, but otherwise this might be one of Capcom's few series that I never got into, even once.

Objection

Objection said:

I definately recommend the entire series to anyone who has a DS and likes a good story and a game that makes them think.

Miyabi273

Miyabi273 said:

I'm still rocking up the third game currently I am still not sure what to think of this though. I will give it a go anyway.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

My thought about why the closeness of release dates? To stop people importing the US version while waiting for the non-English language translations to be completed...

Jonny

Jonny said:

I can't blame them, I imported every game after the first.

Definite day 1 buy for me, then I'm going to get nagged by everyone else to finish it quickly so they can play through it.

MayhemStaff

Mayhem said:

@ Big A2 - there have been big gaps between US and European release dates in the past, so people import. This time the gap between Japan and US release dates is a lot wider than before... QED.