HISTORY Great Empires: Rome Coming to DS
Posted by Corbie Dillard
Valcon Games announces their new strategy title for Nintendo's DS system.
Valcon Games has just announced their newest title HISTORY Great Empires: Rome for Nintendo's DS system. The game is a turn-based strategy title that will feature many realistic historical elements and game play options.
Below is a copy of the official press release announcing the game, which gives some good insight into what players can expect from this in-depth strategy title.
Valcon Games, a video game publishing company that brings quality products to the North American market, announced today that its Nintendo DS™ game, History Great Empires: Rome, is shipping in North America. This classic turn-based strategy game is set in an epic historical era – the Roman Empire, where players take on the role of an Emperor. With 6 campaigns from the unification of Italy to the conquest of Britain, History Great Empires: Rome offers would-be conquerors action-packed tactical warfare, resource management, diplomacy, and mini-games. Players can match wits with Julius Caesar and Marcus Aurelius to build one of the greatest empires the world has ever seen.
“Valcon Games is pleased to be working with two great partners, HISTORY and Slitherine, on History Great Empires: Rome. Together, we are bringing to market every Nintendo DS™’ strategist’s dream – action, strategy and historical warfare,” said Glenn Halseth, co-founder of Valcon Games.
History Great Empires: Rome delivers the depth and replay value of a great strategy game, where each game provides a unique outcome based on the decisions of the player, the alliances they form and the enemies they engage in battle. Nintendo DS™ strategists must start by building their economies, armies and alliances before conquering the world. To help players on their conquest, the game’s key features include:
- Conquer neighboring tribes and city states, recruit and equip vast armies that comprise over 20 unit types, including legionnaires, archers and cavalry.
- Deploy your troops, then decide on battle formations, troop positions and tactics on huge detailed battlefields, where effective use of the terrain affects the outcome of battles.
- Maintain barracks, troop moral and defensive positions in and around your own cities to ward off would-be aggressors.
- Watch as the empire map displays the ever-shifting landscape of enemies, allies and possible strategic partners.
- Form alliances with other tribes and city states.
- Pay or force the payment of tribute from opponents.
- Declare war or offer peace.
- See AI opponents engage in diplomacy of their own.
- Construct and improve buildings to upgrade units and create resources for your expanding Empire.
- Build the economies and resource limitations of each tribe, city state and empire under your control.
- Assign workers to ensure a balance between troops, construction and food production.
- Build storage facilities to supply your armies, farms to produce food, shrines, coliseums and temples to maintain troop morale.
- Allocate resources based on the three essentials of the ancient world: wood, metal and food.
- Utilize over 100 buildings, each with their own impact on gameplay
· Add variety to gameplay, provide replayability and further immersion in this amazing era, by playing a range of mini games that help players explore the Roman Empire and sharpen their wits in a series of challenges. Great leaders know their enemy and are always prepared for battle.
We'll have more information on HISTORY Great Empires: Rome as it becomes available, as well as a full review when the game is released.