Japanese Virtual Console list - February 2008

Posted by Marcel van Duyn

Quite an uninteresting month this time. It seems like all companies are just putting out a bunch of backlogged games so that they're on there and they don't have to worry about them anymore. Japan also gets the Sega Master System this month, but with only one game. As usual there's also a new N64 game! Here's the list:

Japanese VC list - February 2008:

Famicom:

Super Famicom:

Nintendo 64:

• Custom Robo V2 (Not released outside Japan, but it's possible we could get it as an import title sometime)

Sega Master System:

Sega Mega Drive:

PC Engine:

• Atlas
  • Dungeon Explorer II
  • Power Eleven
  • Neo Nectaris (Delayed from January)

Neo Geo:

• Nothing this month, once again!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Not many interesting games in that list that I know of.

Does Custom Robo 2 have much Japanese text?

Steve

Steve said:

Not that interesting. Sure, Master System is cool to have and Black Belt is decent but not much more is worth it. At least Custom Robot looks interesting. Maybe wel'll get it here as well.

N64_Gamer

N64_Gamer said:

I remember reading a few reviews on the Custom Robo V2 game years ago when it got released in Japan.
I believe it scored average, but I'll eventually end up downloading this game just for the sake of downloading something!

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

More releases than they had last month. Hopefully it'll be the same everywhere else too. I'm getting pretty tired of only having two choices every week.

Pegasus

Pegasus said:

The only title on that list that I'd be interested in is Neo Nectaris. Can't beat a good and challenging strategy game. ;)

I certainly hope the Master System makes its way to our North American shores.

Mirokunite

Mirokunite said:

Tantei Jinguuji Saburo: Yokohama Minato Renzoku Satsujin Jiken?

Never heard of it. Anyone care to explain it to me?

Tides_of_Chaos

Tides_of_Chaos said:

Why did the Neo Geo even get put on when it's getting so little support? It seems a shame though......aren't there many arcade games on that system?

Adamant

Adamant said:

Tantei Jinguuji Saburo is a relatively popular graphic adventure series that's made it's way across several consoles over many years. There are over 10 games in the series so far, and the recent Tantei Jinguuji Saburo DS: Inishie no Kioku has been announced for an American release, as the first in the series, under the name "Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles". Check it out if you're interested, it's a cool little series, somewhat comparable to Phoenix Wright.

Bensei

Bensei said:

I hope we'll get Custom Robo 2 for the next Hannabi Festival, although maybe there are better N64 titles that could be released in Europe...

alexknibb

alexknibb said:

Ooh! Another strategy game! Hope that comes to European shores... I loved Military Madness and am craving Metal Marines too... Does anyone know if Neo Nectaris is any good?

Adamant

Adamant said:

Neo Nectaris is, obviously, the sequel to Nectaris (Military Madness), so I assume you'll like it if you liked the prequel.

donx998

donx998 said:

wow it took japan about 4 months to get super c we got that like in october

JNoodles

JNoodles said:

Do Re Mi Fantasy: Milon no DokiDoki Daibouken, Custom Robo V2, and possibly Neo Nectaris, you're on my list!

yamiiguy

yamiiguy said:

I'll be downloading Custom Robo V2 next month then, I loved Custom Robo Arena

Tim

Tim said:

Why can't Nintendo release a list for NA & EU too? What makes the Japanese so special?

JNoodles

JNoodles said:

The fact they don't complain like you do. :P

Honestly, I have no idea why. Maybe America, Europe, and Australia choose their games the day before the Shop Channel updates to give off some sort of an ominous air.

WWammy

WWammy said:

I have to say I'm really happy about this. Theres a real nostalgia factor for me because the Master system was my first ever console :)

wedge554

wedge554 said:

Holy crap, why do the Japs get like 9999 games every week, we (EU) only get a max of 2! Seriously, i think its time Ninty and the relating companies pulled their fingers out of their back sides.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

That is some fanart from some website, I forget which. I do know that NGamer gave it away as a poster in an issue a few months ago.

And Wedge, that list works out to about three a week for four weeks. What we used to have.

Just four games to go until the 200th U.S. game. It'll be something on the coming soon list I reckon. It won't be Majora's Mask.

Edwin

Edwin said:

@Bass X0: We can hope that it'll be Majora's Mask. They gave us Zelda 2 for our 100th game. Why not another Zelda game for our 200th?

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

Its not even on the radar yet. i'm saying there is a very good chance it won't be Majora's Mask. So don't go thinking its going to be definitely MM otherwise you're likely to be disappointed.