Forums

Topic: Lost Reavers

Posts 121 to 140 of 194

Akane

@Pahvi: Ah. That's good. Thanks for letting me know!

Dankykong wrote:

I'm surprised this interests me after the online multiplayer LoZ 3DS thing didn't interest me

Well at least Lost Reavers don't suffer from the same issues as Tri Force Heroes!

Vendetta-Strada - A mafia game forum
Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors Legends, Pokémon Shuffle

Nintendo Network ID: NonEgo

Rumorlife

Lol why is the full game 1MB less than the Beta?

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Akane

Since the full game launched I have a very different opinion on it than when it was in beta. I like it a lot.

One problem with it is though that the game doesn't really explain anything, yet you have to go through a lenghty tutorial for each character. I mean, I tried to get myself a new weapon from the weapon crates by using the chips on one. Suddenly there's a spinning dial that goes up to max and then suddenly drops to 2. I thought: okay, so this is all about getting lucky. Let's try again. And so I did and after the same spectacle the spinning dial stopped at 4. Same happened again and again, every time stopping at exactly 2 digits further than earlier. And only then I realised how the mechanic worked and that it had nothing to do with getting lucky but that the developers want us to spend a lot of chips before we get the weapons.

I even went ahead and checked the manual but it's even less informative than the game. While I don't like too much handholding and prefer it when games let you figure things out yourself, this is going way too far especially since once you use an item, it's gone forever.

Darknyht

I loaded up the full game yesterday to try it out and was surprised to see that I managed to find some trolls almost immediately. Nothing worse than wanting to start a round only to have a random idiot just standing there or running circles. Then once the game started we had to put up with them refusing to move to the exits. So I probably will be grinding some levels solo this weekend.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

Rumorlife

@Nego: I totally agree with that, I think it's fun so far, but lack of explanations/reasonings for things, and the intro where it's like "The year is 2075" goes by too fast, I couldn't read it all both times I saw the story. I know most of what it said, but still had to skip a couple paragraphs. Besides that intro story everything else just feels a touch hallow at this point.
Also seems like people don't understand how to reload or do a few controls always. I'll be standing in a room and people are running around and testing controls because the tutorial barely glosses over anything that's unusual and focused on the obvious.

@Darknyht: Lol I've had the same, some guy took the relic and tried to go through the door we just came through and wouldn't come the other way for some reason. Someone controlling the white lady was just running around, strutting, pointing the gun at people and acting like Bayonetta or something. Chat spammers too, people going No. No. No. or Yes. Yes. Yes. or Help Me! Help Me! over and over for no reason at all.

I think treasure appears in the same spot almost everytime too. I went and broke the same crates when I replayed the 2 levels, and there's always gold or flowers in the same places as before. It's probably not suppose to stay that way...

Rumorlife

Akane

I have experienced no trolls so far in the full version and I'm really happy for that. The two star missions I've done have been a pleasure with a very good groups.

Dankykong wrote:

I think treasure appears in the same spot almost everytime too. I went and broke the same crates when I replayed the 2 levels, and there's always gold or flowers in the same places as before. It's probably not suppose to stay that way...

That's odd. I can maybe understand it in the Egypt themed level but not in the warehouse as it doesn't happen to me.

Rumorlife

@Nego: That's funny because the Warehouse was the one I noticed the repeating treasure in. Every single time, in the room with the 3 crystals spawning zombies, on the right wall of the pillar in the center of the room, I found gold and a flower in a crate 5 times in a row, and then I stopped playing. I also found a flower 5+ times in a crate in the room where the steam is blasting out right before you take the relic into the safe zone.
I nearly found nothing every time in the Egypt level except easily 3 times, when I would go up the spiral stairs, there was an ammo box just floating on the other side of a spot you can't walk to(?)

I didn't experience trolls so much as people screwing around, except for the guy going backwards every other game ended up playing out, just with a lot of added nonsense but it was amusing anyway haha
Also I've had a few strange door or camera glitches that always resulted in the room being disbanded. Mostly the door doesn't open, or the camera doesn't move from the start point and everyone just runs around confused until it disconnects.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Monkey_Balls

@Pahvi: Some good tips there, especially...

Pahvi wrote:

4) In the relic room, walking over a glowing pad will heal you to 100% health.

I can't believe so many players miss this! Even those at level 15+. I mean, how?

Pahvi wrote:

8) When fighting against a miniboss (Skeleton King, Undead Cop and Chef etc), remember that you can dodge.

Agreed. Dodging is very important, especially in the later missions and when fighting the bosses.

Also (not mentioned anywhere in-game):
1) You can centre the camera behind your character by clicking the right analog-stick.
2) Clicking the map on your Gamepad shows a larger view of the room you're in, which can be helpful on occasion.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

shani

Bad game.
After I had played the beta recently, I downloaded the full game today and went to check whether it migrated my save game. Sadly, it didn't. Then I accidently hit 'Yes' when it asked about the tutorial (which I already knew from the beta) and then I couldn't get out of the tutorial anymore. Not with '+' and not with the home button. My only options were suffering through that boring and superfluous tutorial again for a whole 10 minutes or shutting the Wii U down. Of course, I did the latter.

This an example of really terrible game design. You just don't do stuff like that if you want to be a good developer.
Think I'll uninstall it again, wasn't too fond of it during the beta anyway.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Rumorlife

Oh nevermind I found out how to get that "impossible" ammo box in the Egypt level, I've never seen anyone go this way before lol

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Some good tips there, especially...

Pahvi wrote:

4) In the relic room, walking over a glowing pad will heal you to 100% health.

I can't believe so many players miss this! Even those at level 15+. I mean, how?

Probably because usually everyone rushes for the relic, and most of the time whoever doesn't get it rushes back out of the room. Also I pretty much never got hurt enough that I had to worry about health or I found flowers.

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Akane

@Pahvi: Thanks for the tips! I knew most of those but I had no idea about the glowing pads in the relic room. I always wondered what they were and walked over them a couple of times but didn't really notice anything happening. I suspected they might activate something if every single party member stood on one though.

I guess I was always on full health since I haven't really even needed to use the healing items apart from maybe one or two games.

Randomname19

Untitled

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Rumorlife

What about when you're in a room with 4 of the same character? :/
AND wearing the same outfit...

Edited on by Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Lol that's what it was, 4 Sayuri and all in the white/pink schoolgirl outfit.
Also I think she might be the easiest to control. Not sure if that's on purpose.

Rumorlife

Rumorlife

Oh I didn't even notice, I just picked who I liked best.

Rumorlife

Monkey_Balls

Dankykong wrote:

Monkey_Balls wrote:

Pahvi wrote:

In the relic room, walking over a glowing pad will heal you to 100% health.

Probably because usually everyone rushes for the relic, and most of the time whoever doesn't get it rushes back out of the room.

Pahvi wrote:

And as for the healing spot thing... it's never mentioned by the game, the spots do not resemble anything else that I can think of - especially anything that heals you.

@Pahvi @Dankykong I understand what you are saying, but I'm meeting people at level 20+ who still don't seem to know that the relic panels boost health. Surely, after playing so many games with so many randoms they would learn?

However...

Dankykong wrote:

Also I pretty much never got hurt enough that I had to worry about health or I found flowers.

Nego wrote:

I knew most of those but I had no idea about the glowing pads in the relic room. I guess I was always on full health since I haven't really even needed to use the healing items apart from maybe one or two games.

Pahvi wrote:

I've gained experience far too quickly. I'm over level 20 but I haven't really learned to play with Victoria well enough to be of any use outside removing obstacles.

Exactly. I feel the extra XP is ruining the game a bit. People can level up/access missions much faster, the game is less of a challenge, and folk don't seem to be learning the mechanics. When playing the beta it was much harder to get through missions, which made it more tactical. It felt satisfying leveling up and unlocking rewards/missions. Now, the game feels shallow with the XP boost.

Edited on by Monkey_Balls

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Aozz101x

I try out the game a few days ago,, i enjoy playing as Sayuri. as im fan of melee and shooting in alot games. what im not a fan of is doing the same tutorial for all characters.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Rumorlife

What is "Defeat the Boss", what boss? Every objective ended up doing the same thing...

Rumorlife

LaserdiscGal

Dankykong wrote:

What is "Defeat the Boss", what boss? Every objective ended up doing the same thing...

It's an optional thing that you can do if everyone in the party is above level 15, and you're doing basement missions. You'll see a area with a red box you can visit instead of a green one.

That being said, bosses are hard as hell.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.