Forums

Topic: GBA VC on Wii U

Posts 181 to 200 of 215

MarceloKamui

I'm loving it! I've never had a gba, just have played a little with some friends that had the system. Now I can get some really good games, and wow, the booklets are so awesome. They should do that with all VC games.

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Booboos35

Eh, the only one I'm getting is Yoshi's Island. I would want Super Circuit would get released, never got to play that one.

The King Of Strong Style

Booboos35

Eh, the only one I'm getting is Yoshi's Island. I would want Super Circuit would get released, never got to play that one.

The King Of Strong Style

Booboos35

The King Of Strong Style

Henmii

I have one tiny complaint: The manuals are cool and all, but why the blazes didn't they include the Dutch parts?! We are talking about European manuals, the cover says English, German, French, Dutch, etc. Every language seems included, EXCEPT Dutch! Very lazy, if you ask me.

Henmii

mipaol

Like many others I don't get why Game Boy Advance titles are on the Wii U virtual console instead of the 3DS, I would much rather spend $10 for virtual console versions of Nintendo 64 titles. Games like F-Zero X, Pilotwings 64, Pokemon Stadium, Star Fox 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and of course Goldeneye just to name a few seem way better suited for a platform like the Wii U than a bunch of handheld games.

Has Nintendo ever released a statement explaining/defending this illogical choice they've made?

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

LzWinky

Mipaol wrote:

Like many others I don't get why Game Boy Advance titles are on the Wii U virtual console instead of the 3DS, I would much rather spend $10 for virtual console versions of Nintendo 64 titles. Games like F-Zero X, Pilotwings 64, Pokemon Stadium, Star Fox 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, and of course Goldeneye just to name a few seem way better suited for a platform like the Wii U than a bunch of handheld games.

Has Nintendo ever released a statement explaining/defending this illogical choice they've made?

I don't think they need to explain anything

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

Because the GamePad is like a GBA XXL?
(or a 1/2DS )

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

Booboos35

Anyone else buying Yoshis Island tomorrow? So hype

The King Of Strong Style

mipaol

Unca_Lz wrote:

Mipaol wrote:

I don't think they need to explain anything

Actually I take back what I said, I do see logic in the release of GBA games on the Wii U versus N64 games, earlier I glanced at an Nintendo 64 controller and I don't think games that use that control layout would translate very well to the Wii U, the C buttons would be the AB/XY buttons, the A and B buttons would have to be stuck up on top with the L and R buttons, the Z button would have to be mapped to the Select button, basically the controls would be a mess. So taking that into consideration perhaps it's simply a matter of the GBA having a control layout that could be translated well enough to the Wii U.

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

DefHalan

Controls for 64 games worked great on a Wii Classic Controller and the Wii U has the advantage of a touch screen which can provide vitual buttons, even if that isn't ideal

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Even then, I doubt it was a simple choice between Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Advance titles. Perhaps they wanted to try something no one expected, and judging from the reactions here, I'd say it was a bit successful

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KingMike

DefHalan wrote:

Controls for 64 games worked great on a Wii Classic Controller

In Mario Kart 64, it's a stretch to try to push L to use an item (I think that was the mapping) while steering with the left stick.

KingMike

afro_insomniac

I'm loving GBA on the VC a lot more than I thought I would.

Picked up WarioWare, Metroid Fusion, Advance Wars, and Yoshi's Island so far.

Particularly WarioWare and Advance Wars are nice additions to the library since those are unique gaming experiences on the Wii U (WarioWare, Inc. being much better than Game and Wario).

Might pick up Golden Sun and Superstar Saga for the nostalgia sometime down the line.

Edited on by afro_insomniac

afro_insomniac

mipaol

GoneFishin wrote:

Instead of over thinking things, why don't we just assume that the basic GBA emulator on the Wii U is finished but that they're still working on N64?

Occam's razor strikes again.

One of the things that initially turned me off of the Game Boy Advance games on the Wii U Virtual Console was that in many of the videos I've seen they don't seem to have the graphic smoothing enabled, so the video looks kind of blocky and I thought that's just how the games looked, but now that I know about the option to clean the graphics up a bit I think I might be picking up at the very least F-Zero: Maximum Velocity, Kirby and The Amazing Mirror, and maybe even Metroid Fusion even though their are multiple Metroid games to choose between.

Edited on by mipaol

NinChocolate

Yoshis Island looks soooo amazing on my TV. Just beautiful beautiful pixels in pixel perfect 1080p mode. I like the lager (zoomed in) pixels over the snes version. Get this game!

NinChocolate

LzWinky

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Yoshis Island looks soooo amazing on my TV. Just beautiful beautiful pixels in pixel perfect 1080p mode. I like the lager (zoomed in) pixels over the snes version. Get this game!

I have the ambassador game, so nah

NinChocolate

Unca_Lz wrote:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

I have the ambassador game, so nah

As do I, but I've banished it forever after this version. M2's emulation in presentation seriously outshines the afterthought ambassador games. But I'm just overly particular about VC.

NinChocolate

Minish-Cap

I am exceedingly hoping for Minsh Cap coming to the Wii U Eshop.

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

My Nintendo: Gorans-Cap

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.