Forums

Topic: Punch Out!! is here!

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

greyelephant

HA! I've finally defeated King Hippo by making his crown fall off.

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

Adam

That's not the normal way? I knocked his crown off the only time I did beat him. I didn't know I'd done anything special! Must have been on accident.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

I never thought I'd say this, but Wii Music is keeping me from Punch-Out. It's probably just as well...I am AWFUL at getting those achievements. I think I have one each on four boxers, and I look at most of them and I realize I will never be able to do that stuff in ten thousand years.

Bah! I need Doc Louis to psyche me up.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Burning_Spear

Just got the game yesterday. Spent about 1:45 with it and made it up to Great Tiger. I got King Hippo without knocking off his crown. I just kept hammering away while he was lifting his shorts -- don't think there was a star punch involved.

Mechabot Ultror Fights Again

greyelephant

@Burning Spear

Wait for him to try and pull up his shorts. Hit his belly and you'll get a star.

Edited on by greyelephant

Mario Kart code, 4854 6869 0410 "Tim"
Animal Crossings City Folk Code:1119-1011-8429 , Name: Emily, Town: Peachy

THEMAFIA82

AlexSays wrote:

I'm still up in the air when it comes to purchasing this.

On one hand it looks like it'd be nice to have in my collection, it's Nintendo's only "great" game since Brawl, and it goes along with my whole "support NEW games" thing.

dude, u should buy it, it rocks. i know u will enjoy it
On the other it looks like one of those games I'll buy and think "Eh, I should have rented this"

I've never played Punch Out either so that doesn't help things.

GMONEY

THEMAFIA82

greyelephant wrote:

Carlos27 wrote:

( I still can't get passed Great Tiger! )

Wait until you fight him in Title Defense Mode bwahah i just ko him but is an annoying fight.
This little tip could help, if you pres + and - button between rounds you can get some stamina back (the trick only works once per fight)

its actually just the - ( the trainer will pull out a candy bar and eat it as well)

Dude, you're awesome! I didn't know that.

Sandmans too busy making mincemeat out of me right now.

Has anyone tried to get any of the challenges?

GMONEY

THEMAFIA82

greyelephant wrote:

Carlos27 wrote:

( I still can't get passed Great Tiger! )

Wait until you fight him in Title Defense Mode bwahah i just ko him but is an annoying fight.
This little tip could help, if you pres + and - button between rounds you can get some stamina back (the trick only works once per fight)

its actually just the - ( the trainer will pull out a candy bar and eat it as well)

Dude, you're awesome! I didn't know that.

Sandmans too busy making mincemeat out of me right now.

Has anyone tried to get any of the challenges?

GMONEY

Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

StarFalco

I got this as a Chriatmas Gift. Love it. It creates a huge challenge as well.

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

TheZackIsGreat wrote:

It's honestly one of the best games I've ever played. It has a ludicrous amount of replayability also, I play through it probably ten times a year.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

StarFalco

Wonder_Mask wrote:

TheZackIsGreat wrote:

It's honestly one of the best games I've ever played. It has a ludicrous amount of replayability also, I play through it probably ten times a year.

I can definitely see why. I am hooked!

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.