Forums

Topic: Anybody in their 30's enjoying New super Mario bros Wii?

Posts 21 to 27 of 27

Ramandus

Stuffgamer1 wrote:

I was indeed barely born when SMB3 released, so I knew nothing of the hype at the time. I still consider that game overrated because it's more widely loved than SMW, and it just doesn't seem as good to me.

What is this new appeal of Super Mario World? Back in the day, I don't remember it being as big a hit as it is now. Of course, at the time, my mom and dad had bought me pretty much all the Super NES classics.

Somebody set up us the bomb.
Wii: 8703 7486 8875 3789
I love PWN3NG NintendoLife members on Tatsunoko :-)

Slapshot

Im 28 and Im dying to get my hands on it but it will be a few more weeks. I got my NES when I was 3.... yeah at launch, and it was for my Dad but a present for me and we got the original NES SMB. I actually was plaing Atari some right before we got the NES and of couse sucked at all of it as I was 3, but as the years progressed I got really good at some Really hard games. At around age 8 or so I watched my uncle lay waste to Ninja Gaiden NES and that is when my Hardcore Nerve got struck. It took me over a year to finally beat it, but I can now run straight thru the game pretty easily, until the last level of course wich is sometimes dumb luck almost NES IS and WAS my childhood. Nintendo has been there since I can remember as its IS some of the oldest memories that I have. NSMB Wii definately looks to bring back a few old memories.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Stuffgamer1

@Ramandus: I don't know anything about the game SUDDENLY gaining popularity...it's always been my favorite 2D Mario platformer.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

bro2dragons

@Stuffy: same here. like i said, i had All-Stars, and Mario World, and i never really liked SMB3. it was my least favorite mario by far. but i'm weird, because i place SMB2 after SMW and before SMB3 and SMB... and few people liked SMB2.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

StarBoy91

I'm one of the few people who like Super Mario Bros. 2 (USA) more than the original Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario World is great.

To each their own

the_shpydar

Ahh, the NES days ... still remember getting the first ish of Nintendo Power with the SMB2 preview in it and going absolutely bonkers in anticipation for the game. I loved SMB2, another one of those games that me and my friends spent hours exploring every little nook and cranny to find every secret or shortcut we could. Remember when there was no 'net to access hints and secrets and there was just the Nintendo Hotline and schoolyard rumors which may or may not have been true (i'm still amazed at how quickly the Konami Code spread in this fashion)?

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

FlaccidSnake

Hi everyone, just joined up as my new shiny black wii is arriving tomorrow. Cant wait to play NSMB as i was probably closer to my NES, then SNES than my own mum!! Slightly off topic here, what wii and VC games would anyone recommend to someone whos just left thier 20's!! And when is mario kart coming out on the VC!!!!

FlaccidSnake

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.