Forums

Topic: Your Zelda Ideas

Posts 101 to 113 of 113

SomeBitTripFan

Now, I'm just annoyed. For the sake of my health, I'm just not going to even bother.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

HappyHappyist

Spuratis wrote:

@HappyHappyisy I get what you're saying dude and I agree that they need to change things up a bit. Although I loved Skyward Sword, I can still acknowledge that the Zelda franchise is becoming a bit stale. Especially after ALBW, though I liked that as well. To me, the Formula isn't what makes the games. It's the characters. Zelda, Link, the slew of enemies and bosses. That's what defines a Zelda game. Well, that and the puzzles. If they completely changed the layout of the game and made it similar to Elder Scrolls in some manner, I would be all for trying it. Some people would hate it because they just don't like change and from the looks of this, conditioned to the current formula. This is one reason I'm really looking forward the Hyrule Warriors. It's another take on the Zelda franchise and it just may be a breath of fresh air for Link and the rest of the crew.

I don't expect Nintendo to skew too far from the current formula with the next game though. It'd be nice, I just don't see it changing too drastically. It's too much of a risk and apparently wouldn't sit well with a lot of fans.

yeah, judging how people are reacting to my ideas only makes me think more that nintendo would never do this. i already knew there would never be hope for my ideas, but judging the amount of people i've pissed off on this thread just piles on more cement. only i'd buy this, i guess.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

LzWinky

HappyHappyist wrote:

so a zelda game MUST have each of the following to qualify as zelda to you?

• master sword
  • princess zelda (or any damsel to rescue)
  • must be set in hyrule
  • must have the same characters and story as the last game

is that what you're saying? because that's essentially what i said can be taken out. past zelda games didn't have these. no master sword in LinksAwakening, or Majora, no princess, no prophecy in Majora, neither game is set in hyrule either. the only thing they have in common with the series is the name and similar combat styles to previous games (and you play as the same character). that's about it. these two games deviate from the formula, and they were awesome games (imo). these games are also recognizably zelda too. just because a few elements are missing from the "formula" doesn't mean that it can't still be distinctly zelda.if i say that you shouldn't play as link, will you get mad? that's like saying that changing his gender will impact the game. it obviously won't, why is it a big deal?

Lemme bring your original quote into context here since you want to misread everything I say. (I shortened these to include the main points you mentioned)

• make the character customizable, raise the numbers. make stores carry several different types of weapons and armor
  • remove hyrule. most zelda games take place in hyrule. (which btw is false)
  • take out the stupid prophecy! PLEASE!
  • remove the awful story
  • change the gameplay. the gameplay is the same in EVERY. SINGLE. ZELDA GAME. it consists of finding dungeons and beating them with a specific item, then collecting a crystal that does something, along with more health. i'm sick of it. you can keep dungeons, but change the way the game is played and remove the linearity.

You complain about how the franchise relies on a single character (Link) who the series is built around. You also complain about the gameplay that defines the franchise. Now, if you were to change both of these, then the new game would be something entirely different. When you think of a Zelda game, you think of Link and action-adventure. Now imagine Elder Scrolls without the things that define it. Yes, the games are different, but they still follow a formula that makes the franchise a success. Final Fantasy is the same as well. The difference here is that those franchises aren't built around a handful of characters.

Can a "Metroid game" not have Samus and the typical enemies and the gameplay styles that defined Metroid? Imagine a "Metroid game" that starred a different character AND had nothing in common with the other Metroid games. Imagine a Lord of the Rings book that doesn't take place on Middle Earth nor be a fantasy adventure. Would that not be a different book series altogether?

Did I ever imply that the series does not need to change? I did not, but you can quote me otherwise if you want. Did I ever say that the master sword, Princess Zelda, or Hyrule were important to every Zelda game? I did not.

I will also clarify that a few changes are okay to a franchise. Changing Link into a customizable character may be going too far, but having a different setting or different enemies will not. In short, if you want something different, then play something different, but don't expect a franchise to change completely just because you think it's stale.

HappyHappyist wrote:

yeah, judging how people are reacting to my ideas only makes me think more that nintendo would never do this. i already knew there would never be hope for my ideas, but judging the amount of people i've pissed off on this thread just piles on more cement. only i'd buy this, i guess.

What's gonna make me mad is how you imply that our disagreements are simple "reactions" that don't seem to matter to you. You can't post something on the internet or discuss it with other people and expect everyone to agree with you. Also, stop confusing "debate" with "reactions".

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a female Link, a male Zelda, or any combination of. Link and Zelda's relationship isn't necessarily romantic, so gender isn't necessarily important. If anything, it may be interesting to see a different dynamic explored. Both male, both female, or both gender-swapped, all invite interesting new possibilities.

But yes, it's important to keep the defining characteristics of a Zelda game intact.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

HappyHappyist

@unca_lz all i'm saying is that zelda needs room for innovation because i've already played OoT, why should i play TP? they're the same game anyway, why even bother? the series needs to change because it's stale, and that's a fact. i'm willing to agree that some of my pleas for the game are out of line, but honestly, if we've already had a weapon renting system, then the next step in that direction would be purchasing armor for the character (or something of that nature). leaving hyrule is not a stretch at all, because as you pointed out, several games leave this setting. neither is changing the game villain and the enemies of the game (because why would moblins be working for a new bad guy? moblins should only work for ganon).

and we are having a debate. i'm not debating many other people on this thread, only a couple. most other people are "reacting" because i have yet to go into a legitimate debate with them. i don't expect everyone to believe me, that would be ridiculous. i'm only surprised by the amount of angry feedback i'm still receiving. and if you're getting mad, please calm down. making anyone mad is my last intention.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

LzWinky

HappyHappyist wrote:

@unca_lz all i'm saying is that zelda needs room for innovation because i've already played OoT, why should i play TP?

This I can actually agree with...but how would you know this if you didn't play it?

they're the same game anyway, why even bother? the series needs to change because it's stale, and that's a fact

They are very (too much) similar, but not the same. The second half is actually pretty unique to TP. No that's actually an opinion.

i'm willing to agree that some of my pleas for the game are out of line, but honestly, if we've already had a weapon renting system, then the next step in that direction would be purchasing armor for the character (or something of that nature).

Perhaps, but I don't think there's much room for armor upgrades. It seems pointless since there's no HP. And again, there are games available for this type of system.

leaving hyrule is not a stretch at all, because as you pointed out, several games leave this setting. neither is changing the game villain and the enemies of the game (because why would moblins be working for a new bad guy? moblins should only work for ganon).

This I would agree with.

and we are having a debate. i'm not debating many other people on this thread, only a couple. most other people are "reacting" because i have yet to go into a legitimate debate with them. i don't expect everyone to believe me, that would be ridiculous. i'm only surprised by the amount of angry feedback i'm still receiving. and if you're getting mad, please calm down. making anyone mad is my last intention.

Well part of the strength of the Zelda franchise is the nostalgia. When someone plays a Zelda game, they know what to expect along with some surprises. You're basically asking Nintendo to throw out this franchises' greatest strength out the door. While it may please some fans, many would end up hating the new game and you divide the fan base. While some things may need to change, some things have to stay. This is true even for the Metroid (Prime) series.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

KoopaTrooper

I think you guys would be better off defining what characteristics define a Zelda game. There have been many great ideas here. Bringing up Elder Scrolls I thought was a good idea. Not make Zelda into another game, but borrow ideas like a huge open world from games that are popular. Personally I'd like Zelda to be harder like Dark Souls where you can go anywhere, but will probably die if you try and go to certain places early in the game. I don't think anything added to the series will make it another game if enough of the formula is left intact.

IMO as long as its Link and they retain the dungeons, items, hearts they can pretty much mix up everything else.

I think most people know if Zelda continues to be the same exact formula over and over it will eventually become a joke. A staleonce great franchise that was ran into the ground. The franchise needs new ideas injected into it. Many of the things now in Zelda games were at one time new to the series and have stuck with it.

This is a debate and conversation. Someone gives their opinion the series is getting stale and someone argues that point? Its a opinion and I happen to share it. If the series continues not to change I can easily see myself starting to not really care. Nostalgia only goes so far when there are so many great games being made and so little time to play them all.

KoopaTrooper

GuSolarFlare

MuchoMochi wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I have a great idea. Make It an FPS where all you have is the bow. Link's Crossbow Training meets Call of Duty, with care package ideas such as tingle shooting from his ballon like a helicopter. No story mode, just multiplayer and the developing company is EA so they'll release in an almost beta stage at full price, but you have to buy it anyway.

...Here comes the pain.

remove EA from the formula and give me a Trifoce powered Shotgun that I'm fine with your idea! XD

... no. you can't have it. You can have a Fi powered shotgun that shoots long dialogue that makes you think she thinks you have brain damage and need help through a simple puzzle.

and when you hit a headshot she say 10 times "your chances of survival are 0%, master"
and a Navi Machinegun "ehehehehehhehehehehey liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisteeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!"
this 20 times faster:

I like the way you think. I just got a e-mail from Nintendo of America. they offered us a job because of our ideas, how does a zillion dollar starting say sound??

where do I sign up?!?!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

LzWinky

KoopaTrooper wrote:

I think you guys would be better off defining what characteristics define a Zelda game. There have been many great ideas here. Bringing up Elder Scrolls I thought was a good idea. Not make Zelda into another game, but borrow ideas like a huge open world from games that are popular. Personally I'd like Zelda to be harder like Dark Souls where you can go anywhere, but will probably die if you try and go to certain places early in the game. I don't think anything added to the series will make it another game if enough of the formula is left intact.

IMO as long as its Link and they retain the dungeons, items, hearts they can pretty much mix up everything else.

I think most people know if Zelda continues to be the same exact formula over and over it will eventually become a joke. A staleonce great franchise that was ran into the ground. The franchise needs new ideas injected into it. Many of the things now in Zelda games were at one time new to the series and have stuck with it.

This is a debate and conversation. Someone gives their opinion the series is getting stale and someone argues that point? Its a opinion and I happen to share it. If the series continues not to change I can easily see myself starting to not really care. Nostalgia only goes so far when there are so many great games being made and so little time to play them all.

Mostly the gameplay formula itself. Dungeons and items are crucial to the Zelda series. And Link/Zelda as a protagonist is also a must since the franchise revolves around them. There can be some tweaks and changes otherwise

MuchoMochi

GuSilverFlame wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

MuchoMochi wrote:

I have a great idea. Make It an FPS where all you have is the bow. Link's Crossbow Training meets Call of Duty, with care package ideas such as tingle shooting from his ballon like a helicopter. No story mode, just multiplayer and the developing company is EA so they'll release in an almost beta stage at full price, but you have to buy it anyway.

...Here comes the pain.

remove EA from the formula and give me a Trifoce powered Shotgun that I'm fine with your idea! XD

... no. you can't have it. You can have a Fi powered shotgun that shoots long dialogue that makes you think she thinks you have brain damage and need help through a simple puzzle.

and when you hit a headshot she say 10 times "your chances of survival are 0%, master"
and a Navi Machinegun "ehehehehehhehehehehey liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisteeeeeeeeen!!!!!!!!"
this 20 times faster:

I like the way you think. I just got a e-mail from Nintendo of America. they offered us a job because of our ideas, how does a zillion dollar starting say sound??

where do I sign up?!?!

Nowhere... it was al lie. I'm sorry.... I'm sorry.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

GuSolarFlare

^I knew, I was just playing along.......
and you forgot to say "please understand"

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.