Wii U Forum

Topic: What I want Nintendo to announce at E3.

Showing 381 to 400 of 408

AuthorMessage
Avatar

torotoid64

381. Posted:

What I want:
More Sbb4 info (definitely gonna happen)
Metroid (maybe)
Zelda U (ehhhhhhh);
Pokémon (highly likely)
What's probably gonna happen
Mario Golf U
Mario Tennis U
Mario Strikers U
Mario Sumo Wrestling
And a new smash bros character

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

382. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'd be fine if they just focused on what's already announced and ended the conference with a big surprise that's out by early 2016. It builds up hype

But a lot of mainstream gamers probably wouldn't. They would bash on nintendo on why they showed it so early, on why retro had to work on DK before Metroid and some other stuff. And I personally can't get hyped for a game that I know I can't play for another two years.

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter: MrValtor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

torotoid64

383. Posted:

I know this is kinda small but I would loveeee to see Nintendo poke fun at Microsoft and Sony like how Sony destroyed Microsoft last year, have Sakurai write the script cause he's good at those kind of things

torotoid64

Twitter: Mattchuspie

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

384. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

WebHead wrote:

All I know is Nintendo really needs to deliver this year. No excuses.

Just keep in mind that everyone's definition of "delivering" may be different. Nintendo still won't please everyone.

Oh I know that. I'm not expecting Nintendo to announce a new star fox/metroid crossover or 10 new IPs or whatever. I just think they need to have a strong presentation. there needs to be a good surprise or two.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ViolaBouquet

385. Posted:

Mario DISC golf

Day Job:
Private violin/viola teacher
Freelance musician for weddings & other events

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

386. Posted:

MrV4ltor wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

This situation is a tad different, though. It's not entirely out of the question that Retro set a team aside to give us a teaser trailer. 6-9 months is certainly enough time to scrape one together using concept level development, alone. Given the Wii U's situation, it wouldn't be surprising for Nintendo to ask for a teaser to help the hype train leave the station.

That said, this is the "don't hold your break and be pleasantly surprised" kind of possibility. It all comes down to whether Retro thought of it/ were asked and what kind of people and resources they had at the time.

But that's not something Nintendo does at E3. They only show games that will be out by the end of the year or early next year. Why would they want to show a game to us that is 2-2.5 years away from beeing released? Doesn't make any sense to me. People also don't really buy consoles for games, when they know that they would have to wait for a long time (2-2.5 years) to play that one game they bought the console for. They're more likely to buy the console a month or so before release. All that said, I'd be glad f I get proven wrong at the E3 Direct.

Because what Nintendo usually does at E3 has been working so fantastically, as of late, right? And hello? What is the PS4 and Xbox One sales going on? Killzone? Knack? Killer Instinct? InFamous? Ryze? Dead Rising? No! It's on Halo 5 and KHIII and MGSV and FFXV and Destiny. Sure, Titanfall and InFamous helped. Sure Forza 5 is pretty awesome, too, and Drive Club is on its way, but it's the hype that's selling the console. Not the games. Could you imagine the hype a presentation with Zelda U, a Metroid teaser, X and Bayonetta 2 release windows/months, and a full Smash trailer would generate? Nintendo would absolutely crush E3, if they came with a presentation like that. If Nintendo really means what they say about changing the way they go about things to suit better sales figures, this is definitely a great way to start.

siconlol wrote:

What I want:
More Sbb4 info (definitely gonna happen)
Metroid (maybe)
Zelda U (ehhhhhhh);
Pokémon (highly likely)
What's probably gonna happen
Mario Golf U
Mario Tennis U
Mario Strikers U
Mario Sumo Wrestling
And a new smash bros character

Low expectations don't suit you. Zelda U has been confirmed to be at E3, this year. By Aonuma himself, if I'm not mistaken. We don't know about anything bit in Poke'mon on the way, but an announcement wouldn't be surprising. Smash is a given. Metroid is the only iffy one, but 3/4 is hardly reason to complain.

As for those others... Well we could use Mario Sports on Wii U. Mario Golf U could be really, really awesome, you know? But first, CAMELOT has to finish up with World Tour. For this exact same reason, Mario Tennis U would be out of the question, if they were already planning Mario Golf U.

ViolaBouquet wrote:

Mario DISC golf

I would actually get behind this as an alternate mode in Mario Golf. Maybe they could really make this work, whenever CAMELOT gets around to Mario Golf for the Wii U.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

387. Posted:

MrV4ltor wrote:

But that's not something Nintendo does at E3. They only show games that will be out by the end of the year or early next year.

-Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword

:/

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WebHead

388. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

MrV4ltor wrote:

But that's not something Nintendo does at E3. They only show games that will be out by the end of the year or early next year.

-Mario Galaxy, Skyward Sword

:/

And The Wonderful 101...and Pikmin 3...and Bayonetta 2...I could go on.

Heck, E3 2014 is going to be SSB4's third E3 if you count the E3 2011 announcement.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bolt_Strike

389. Posted:

@UGXwolf Actually, we do know that there is a Pikachu detective game spinoff fthat is supposed to be releasing for the 3DS in 2015. Assuming it hasn't been delayed, it's a safe bet we'll be hearing about it at E3. I highly doubt we'll see anything in regards to the next main game, though, I think this might be an off year for the main series.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperJoon

390. Posted:

Games linked to accounts and not hardware!

Edited on by SuperJoon

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

391. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

@UGXwolf Actually, we do know that there is a Pikachu detective game spinoff fthat is supposed to be releasing for the 3DS in 2015. Assuming it hasn't been delayed, it's a safe bet we'll be hearing about it at E3. I highly doubt we'll see anything in regards to the next main game, though, I think this might be an off year for the main series.

I'm actually hoping for this to be JP exclusive. The facial stuff looked so weird, it kinda frightened me lol

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter: MrValtor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

392. Posted:

@Bolt_Strike I kinda assumed that was going to be a 3DS title. No reason. Just what I expected.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

393. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I kinda assumed that was going to be a 3DS title. No reason. Just what I expected.

Didn't they straight up announce it as a 3DS title?

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter: MrValtor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bolt_Strike

394. Posted:

Yeah, it's 3DS.

Shame, it would be a perfect fit for Wii U.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrV4ltor

395. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

MrV4ltor wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

This situation is a tad different, though. It's not entirely out of the question that Retro set a team aside to give us a teaser trailer. 6-9 months is certainly enough time to scrape one together using concept level development, alone. Given the Wii U's situation, it wouldn't be surprising for Nintendo to ask for a teaser to help the hype train leave the station.

That said, this is the "don't hold your break and be pleasantly surprised" kind of possibility. It all comes down to whether Retro thought of it/ were asked and what kind of people and resources they had at the time.

But that's not something Nintendo does at E3. They only show games that will be out by the end of the year or early next year. Why would they want to show a game to us that is 2-2.5 years away from beeing released? Doesn't make any sense to me. People also don't really buy consoles for games, when they know that they would have to wait for a long time (2-2.5 years) to play that one game they bought the console for. They're more likely to buy the console a month or so before release. All that said, I'd be glad f I get proven wrong at the E3 Direct.

Because what Nintendo usually does at E3 has been working so fantastically, as of late, right? And hello? What is the PS4 and Xbox One sales going on? Killzone? Knack? Killer Instinct? InFamous? Ryze? Dead Rising? No! It's on Halo 5 and KHIII and MGSV and FFXV and Destiny. Sure, Titanfall and InFamous helped. Sure Forza 5 is pretty awesome, too, and Drive Club is on its way, but it's the hype that's selling the console. Not the games. Could you imagine the hype a presentation with Zelda U, a Metroid teaser, X and Bayonetta 2 release windows/months, and a full Smash trailer would generate? Nintendo would absolutely crush E3, if they came with a presentation like that. If Nintendo really means what they say about changing the way they go about things to suit better sales figures, this is definitely a great way to start.

It's not been working fantastically, but it's Nintendo. They're the most unpredictable company in the business. To be fair Infamous and Titanfall did drive a lot of PS4/XBone sales in march. FFXV is constantly on Famitsus most wanted games list and it's (almost) always in first place, but if it's the FFXV, KH4 and MGS V Hype that's selling consoles, Japanese numbers for the PS4 wouldn't be as low as they are right now. Maybe it's just the japanese crowd, but I find it kinda strange that one of the most anticipated titles in Japan is for the PS4 and yet it's not selling that well there. TBH the Wii U couldn't be "saved" by anything at this point. Not even a Pokemon MMO could turn the system's sales around. I love Nintendo and I love my Wii U, but they launched at the wrong time, with the wrong marketing, at the wrong price, the wrong software lineup and the wrong hardware.

Edited on by MrV4ltor

MrV4ltor

Nintendo Network ID: MrValtor | Twitter: MrValtor

AuthorMessage
Avatar

UGXwolf

396. Posted:

@MrV4lter You essentially said it right there. Nintendo is unpredictable. Anything we say is mere speculation. All I mean is that if Nintendo is really going to consider the US and European markets more seriously, they're gonna want to play the hype game.

Also, a user on NL has already offered the main reason consoles are doing poorly in Japan. There's a growing mindset and trend towards not having the time to bother investing in a bulky, expensive home console, when a 3DS sits in your pocket and costs half as much. As well as having the titles the Japanese fanbase tends to prefer. It's not really culturally shocking, given what we know about the usual Japanese mindset.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingKoopa1982

397. Posted:

Can't wait for a trailer for Zelda U and I'd really like a new Metroid and/or a new IP. But, since this thread is titled what I WANT Nintendo to announce and not what I predict... It would be amazing if Nintendo announced a new exclusive Mega Man game. Unlikely, sure, but with MM on Smash Bros. and the GBA games coming to the VC in Mega May, I wouldn't say it's impossible.

KingKoopa1982

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

398. Posted:

KingKoopa1982 wrote:

Can't wait for a trailer for Zelda U and I'd really like a new Metroid and/or a new IP. But, since this thread is titled what I WANT Nintendo to announce and not what I predict... It would be amazing if Nintendo announced a new exclusive Mega Man game. Unlikely, sure, but with MM on Smash Bros. and the GBA games coming to the VC in Mega May, I wouldn't say it's impossible.

That amazing design for Mega Man in Super Smash Bros. should be used directly for a new Mega Man exclusive for Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shirma_Akayaku

399. Posted:

I want them to announce who is OP in SSB4... or at least release a tier list.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mystman12

400. Posted:

Urban Champion 2 de-confirmed.

Edited on by mystman12

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12