Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,761

Henmii

I don't know that much about what they could change from the original game, besides sharper graphics (so far the graphics only look slightly sharper). If they chose the Wii version as the source (I believe they did, though I am not sure), they could implement better motion-controls (either Wiimote and/or Wii u Gamepad, but it won't be like Skyward sword though). But it could also just be the Gamecube-version (wich was the original version, and the one that I have). What I loved about the Gamecube version was more complex sword-fighting and a controllable camera (and of course that the world wasn't flipped).

They could make the game more colorful (I guessed so from the updated artwork, but it doesn't seem the case yet), add a wolf-Link dungeon (a dungeon that you play as a whole as wolf-Link) and maybe make the "tears" segments less lineair and more fun.

"This is just wishful thinking, but maybe they'll give Wolf Link more actions besides sniffing, howling, and digging"

Or they do more with Midna's hand. That was one of the things I missed. Hyrule warriors did make up for this a bit though.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

jump

^If they didn't add the 2 or 3 orginally planned extra dungeons that were removed from Wind Waker in the remake (which really could of used them) then I doubt they will add new dungeons for the sake of it in this remake where most of the works seems to be focussed on getting it to HD standards.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Haru17

Guys, Twilight Princess has enough dungeons. It kicks the absolute stuffing out of every other Zelda game in terms of dungeons, in quality and in number.

It's just disappointing that the Temple of Time and City in the Sky felt more like challenge mode dungeons than existing-in-the-world dungeons. Especially given how strong the dungeons started—concept, lore, gameplay and all.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Henmii

"It's just disappointing that the Temple of Time and City in the Sky felt more like challenge mode dungeons than existing-in-the-world dungeons"

Well excuuussee me princess! I loooooved City in the sky! My favorite dungeon from Twilight princess, with awesome athmosphere. One of the best Zelda dungeons so far. And the double clawshot was awesome.

@arronishere,

Yeah, I also doubt we get extra dungeons. But a man can hope. They did more with Majora's mask then we expected (updated mechanics, updated bosses, etc) so there's always hope. Keep in mind that extra dungeons have happened before. Links awakening dx had the color-dungeon. I know that's a 2D Zelda, but you never know.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Araquanid

As long as this game has a water temple, there will be a worst dungeon.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

"It's just disappointing that the Temple of Time and City in the Sky felt more like challenge mode dungeons than existing-in-the-world dungeons"

Well excuuussee me princess! I loooooved City in the sky! My favorite dungeon from Twilight princess, with awesome athmosphere. One of the best Zelda dungeons so far. And the double clawshot was awesome.

Yeah, but the falling blocks were straight up Super Mario Bros. It just felt a little too level editor-y to be a part of the world to me.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

As long as this game has a water temple, there will be a worst dungeon.

Are you kidding me? The Lakebed Temple was great, having all of those neat puzzles. Not to mention the awesome new versions of Wart, Morpheel, and Molgera.

Edited on by Haru17

Eel

The temple of time and city in the sky are actually my favorite temples from this game

The water temple was nice too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

The OoT water temple was only bad because you had to constantly pause and equip/unequip stuff in the N64 version.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Offspring

After watching the GameXplain video, I am semi-hyped for the game. There was a lot of effort put into the new textures but the game still looks meh due to the GCN-era geometry and lighting. Anyway, I need to see the game's new (non-amiibo locked) features before I make a decision.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Haru17

Both this thread and the Zelda U one are on page 32...

Untitled

00a

Oh Mind Freak, you helped me during my gothic stage at tween years.
Do anyone else listen to his music?

Edited on by 00a

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

Ralizah

I just noticed that the cover art for this game is really quite stunning. Wow.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

Only off by 200 pages.

No imagination.

rishisquid

I have to agree that this looks better than the remake. It kind of ditched the previous artstyle, but that's a good thing.

rishisquid

Haru17

You can't just ditch the art style of a game in it's own remake. That totally throws off the intention of the level design and aesthetics everywhere...

Edited on by Haru17

-Green-

Yeah, I don't like the look of Twilight Princess in that video.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

00a

The art style seems to be more suited for Ocarina of time and Majora Mask, not Twilight Princess.
At least we know what Ocarina of time/Majora Mask look like Wii U.

I know now, without a doubt, Keyloggery is light!
I make stupid videos

renaryuugufan92

@rishisquid: all the blur and washed textures, this pc fan-remake may look good, but it will not be ideal for the average Zelda fan like myself so I'll stick with the official remaster.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

jump

Haru17 wrote:

You can't just ditch the art style of a game in it's own remake. That totally throws off the intention of the level design and aesthetics everywhere...

Perhaps but I would pre-order the game now if it was done in WW's toon look.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.