Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Earthbound Thread

Posts 281 to 300 of 311

daverhodus

I'm about 3 or 4 hours in. I love the attitude Earthbound has about society. The first thing you do in the game is disobey the police.

daverhodus

Electricmastro

daverhodus wrote:

I'm about 3 or 4 hours in. I love the attitude Earthbound has about society. The first thing you do in the game is disobey the police.

And before that, you leave your house to go on an adventure as a kid, confront a special fly that came from a crashed meteorite, fight someone from the future, witness a death, fight sharks at an arcade, and fight a big, metallic ant.

Also, here are articles about EarthBound in newspapers:

The Boston Herald:
Untitled

A British newspaper:
Untitled

Source: http://earthboundcentral.com/

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

retropunky

Earthbound is currently taking the number one spot in the downloads section. Hopefully this trend continues!

I just hope Nintendo takes notices and revives the other two games.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Retro_on_theGo

I never knew the Choas Theatre in Scott Pilgrim was a reference to this. Wow, I feel dumb. Also barely noticed Scott has a Earthbound (Mother 2) shirt in vol. 4. Wow.
Well, right now I barely arrived in Threed. I'm really really enjoying the music and dialogue. I can say this game is probably over hyped, yeah, but.. It is a very fun experience so far nonetheless.

Electricmastro

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I never knew the Choas Theatre in Scott Pilgrim was a reference to this. Wow, I feel dumb. Also barely noticed Scott has a Earthbound (Mother 2) shirt in vol. 4. Wow.
Well, right now I barely arrived in Threed. I'm really really enjoying the music and dialogue. I can say this game is probably over hyped, yeah, but.. It is a very fun experience so far nonetheless.

http://thechaostheatre.wikia.com/wiki/The_Chaos_Theatre_Wiki

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

retropunky

Over hyped, probably. Compared to other RPGs, most of them don't compare. The music and dialogue, apart from other things is what makes this game so fun to enjoy.

Interestingly enough, I've just come back to Threed.

The game will only get better!

Edited on by retropunky

retropunky

Electricmastro

PKpunky wrote:

Over hyped, probably. Compared to other RPGs, most of them don't compare. The music and dialogue, apart from other things is what makes this game so fun to enjoy.

Interestingly enough, I've just come back to Threed.

The game will only get better!

It gets more exotic, that's for sure.

Electricmastro

Ness isn't a silent protagonist after all.
Untitled

yojo

How high level should paula be to take on the mole to get the second melody? I have ness at level 24 and paula at 16 but I can't seem to kill him.

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

Happy_Mask

If you're having trouble on Mondo (or whatever), I'd suggest using PK flash, and maybe leveling up Paula 1 or 2 more levels.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

yojo

1) where can I buy wets towels, I need them for the monkey quest in fourside.
2) how far into the game am I?

HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
-Link, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
"Every five years they (Nintendo) just fly Miyamoto to a sunny pastier and let him frolic for six weeks and he comes back with the next great idea."

Electricmastro

yojo wrote:

1) where can I buy wets towels, I need them for the monkey quest in fourside.
2) how far into the game am I?

In the desert, there are huts. You're like halfway in.

Electricmastro

Sky Runner? We don't need no stinkin' Sky Runner!

Untitled

ogo79

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

lol where did you get that image from? that sure isnt in the game

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Electricmastro

ogo79 wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Untitled

lol where did you get that image from? that sure isnt in the game

Played this on the Wii U, took a screenshot for Miiverse, went to Miiverse Online, and copied the screenshot.

As for how you do the glitch:

Edited on by Electricmastro

ogo79

@Electricmastro i didnt see the sky runner cloud walk on the video
guess thats what i was looking for

Edited on by ogo79

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Electricmastro

Untitled

retropunky

Just beat the game. Time for a new save file.

And I got the Sword of Kings for the first time! Next challenge is the Gaia Beam.

retropunky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.