Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,121 to 3,140 of 15,210

Eel

I'm not sure if it would be effective as that, the water in its room looks rather gelatinous.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tyranexx

Morpha was pretty easy, though I found the mechanics of the fight interesting. At least it wasn't as frustrating as Barinade; Link's screams still haunt me to this day.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Trinexx wrote:

Morpha was pretty easy, though I found the mechanics of the fight interesting. At least it wasn't as frustrating as Barinade; Link's screams still haunt me to this day.

It's a cool concept, but rather under-executed as it's literally one-note.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

As a little kid, I had a thing for aquatic creatures, so the Water Temple and Morpha (along with the zoras and their domain) always captured my attention. I guess it's less about how hard or complex the boss was, I simply just really like it.

A bit unrelated, but... The Forest Temple. I love that place too. It was like being in an abadoned fairy tale castle.

Phantom Ganon is pretty meh though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

kkslider5552000

My favorites are Goht and Stallord, which probably sums up my entire opinion of Zelda. As in, my favorites are the ones that is the culmination of the current new gameplay gimmick. Also because they are 2 of the best examples of gameplay gimmicks in the series.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

RR529

I always liked Argorok & Volvagia, but that's because I'm a sucker for dragons.

My favorite final bosses are Vaati (in Minish Cap), because you pretty much have to use every item in your arsenal (even the freakin' lantern gets it's it's time), and TP Ganon(dorf) for the epic pagentry of it all.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

Morpheel wrote:

As a little kid, I had a thing for aquatic creatures, so the Water Temple and Morpha (along with the zoras and their domain) always captured my attention. I guess it's less about how hard or complex the boss was, I simply just really like it.

Morpha was a pretty cool boss, in concept at least. Gohdan and Koloktos also stand out to me. Most bosses are pretty good, Morpheel was a little underwhelming because it didn't really attack you, especially in its second phase. However, he wasn't as bad as that tentacle monster from Skyward Sword, that thing was just horrendous to look at, something straight out of a Pixar movie.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Blast

How about a rematch of Link vs Dark Link from Ocarina of Time in Zelda U? I would love to see that in Zelda U. It could either be a optional side boss OR a pivotal boss fight in the story.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Trinexx wrote:

See now I like Barinade. I like bosses were there's multiple phases and you don't just do Thing until it's dead.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

clvr

Morpheel wrote:

A bit unrelated, but... The Forest Temple. I love that place too. It was like being in an abadoned fairy castle.

Man you just reminded me of my favourite dungeon ever. I've always loved it since playing OOT with my dad aged 3 and still love it now after playing the 3D version. There's something truly magical about that dungeon, something I've yet to find in any other Zelda dungeon. Oh, and the musical theme is plain awesome.

Clover.

My Nintendo: clvr51 | Nintendo Network ID: clvr51

LzWinky

Trinexx wrote:

That fight annoyed me too due to Link screaming every time he was hit. Ugh...

I love the Forest Temple as well. The music was awesome!

My favorite bosses? Hmm...Koloktos for how ridiculous he was. I also like Twinmold in MM 3D due to Giant Link beating the crap out of them (granted Fierce Deity can't do squat now)

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eat_Pie

I beat Morpha the easy way by standing in a corner.
As for my favorite boss, I liked Girahim the best. The one I hate the most(not really a boss) is the Imprisoned.

Eat_Pie

Tyranexx

I'd say my favorite temple in OoT is the Shadow Temple, mainly due to the atmosphere, invisible platforms/passages, the enemies, all the crazy invisible "Grim Reaper" scythe rooms, the ship, and Bongo Bongo. He's probably my favorite boss out of OoT, due to appearance, the many ways you can execute the fight, and this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4OB_gl_wsc

Runner-ups would be the Spirit Temple and Forest Temple.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Eat_Pie

I was scared by the well too, but not so much by the Shadow Temple.

Eat_Pie

LzWinky

Actually, the funny thing about Ocarina's Temples is that you can go in this order: Forest -> Fire, Water, and Spirit -> Shadow

You have to beat Forest to access Spirit and beat Forest, Fire and Water to access Shadow. You don't need the hammer to get into the Spirit Temple, but I do believe you need the Longshot

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

cookiex

I always thought Forest Temple was way scarier than Shadow Temple, mostly because of the music. Those strings creep me out to this day.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Eel

I find the music in the forest temple to be relaxing. The shadow temple on the other hand, the music is what scared me the most about it.

About the order, I always beat the shadow temple last.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

mookysam

My favourite OoT one is the forest temple. The combination of the music, twisting corridors and Poe puzzles made for such a great creepy atmosphere.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Tyranexx

Morpheel wrote:

I find the music in the forest temple to be relaxing. The shadow temple on the other hand, the music is what scared me the most about it.

About the order, I always beat the shadow temple last.

Interesting. I enjoy most aspects of the Forest Temple, but the music is actually kind of unsettling to me; I've found myself muting the game a couple of times when in it. The Shadow Temple's music has never really bothered me, though I never played the game as a young kid.

I say the creepiest temple track goes to the newer version of the Fire Temple; it sounds as though there's something truly evil in there.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic