Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,901 to 2,920 of 15,210

iKhan

Jason723 wrote:

@iKhan: Let's just ignore the fact that the same team making Zelda U, also had to make ALBW.

And it is Aonuma's job to allocate the teams.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

LztheQuack wrote:

The last new Zelda was released in 2013

True, we haven't been lacking Zelda stuff.

I think part of the buzz though is that people see Zelda as the franchise where Nintendo show all of their best magic. Either Zelda or 3D Mario. So with a "new" (lol) console, they're eager to see what it will mean for Zelda. Especially given than Mario 3D World didn't really push any boundaries, despite being incredibly fun.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

LztheQuack wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Chalk that up to the relative insanity of making a fanbase wait 5ish years between the recent like Zelda games.

The last new Zelda was released in 2013

ALBW isn't a 'like Zelda game' to ZU any more than Metroid Prime was to Fusion.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

Jason723 wrote:

@iKhan: Let's just ignore the fact that the same team making Zelda U, also had to make ALBW.

And it is Aonuma's job to allocate the teams.

It is rather mad that they don't have at least 2 dedicated dev teams working on Zelda. That way they could develop the franchises' two main series in different directions, not to mention on a 3-4 year timetable.

Edited on by Haru17

Cheesehead302

Wait, so a thing came out and said that said a Symphony of the Goddess in October will feature music from future titles (http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/symphony-of-the-goddesses-performance-to-feature-yet-to-be-realeased-games). It'd be pretty weird if we heard music from Zelda U before we even had a name and more than 7 minutes of footage, so what if they showed off more on it before October?

Cheesehead302

TuVictus

Well, they could take music from Triforce Heroes and any unique tracks from Hyrule Warriors 3DS. Or whatever music was played during any of the Zelda U trailers, if any.

TuVictus

Cheesehead302

Oh crap, I totally forgot about Hyrule Warriors. It was plural so I assumed Zelda Wii U and Triforce Heroes.

Cheesehead302

Haru17

Operative wrote:

Well, they could take music from Triforce Heroes and any unique tracks from Hyrule Warriors 3DS. Or whatever music was played during any of the Zelda U trailers, if any.

Yeah, I would be shocked if they played the new Zelda music anyone actually wanted to hear.

Henmii

I hope the puzzles in Zelda u (or whatever it will be called) will be made by the people who made the puzzles from Spirit tracks. I remember that it was stated in a Iwata asks interview that the puzzles from St where made by people who normally don't make Zelda puzzles. Well, those puzzles where great. So I would like to see that again.

I also hope the dungeons will be pretty long, say 1 or 2 hours. Because Albw had very short dungeons. And the Triforce heroes dungeons will be even shorter. But they are of course handheld games, and Triforce heroes is a multiplayer. I assume that the dungeons of a big 3D Zelda (Zelda u) will be bigger then that.

Henmii

CaviarMeths

Haru17 wrote:

The irony is that Linklouch would be an even more worthless protagonist than Shinji. Link's muteness would render Lelouch's strategy useless and Lelouch's physical frailty would render Link's combat skills... moot.

Not to mention that turning Link into one of the most irritating, thoroughly unlikeable characters in storytelling history, and then slogging him through 20 hours of poorly-paced wish-fulfillment fantasy with amateurish writing would be a more harrowing disaster than Other M.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

St_Tingle

I would love for some of the mechanics and concepts from ALBW (both puzzle and game play wise) to make it to Zelda U in more fleshed out, complex, complicated scenarios. A Link Between Worlds was one of the greatest Zelda experiences I've ever had, but was also ridiculously short and easy to 100% complete. But the magic, inventiveness, and innovation to the series was top notch, and in that regard, I definitely want some inspiration to make its way to the next console game.

Nintendo Network ID: wowzatim93.

Wii U owner. Top 6 games for system: Splatoon, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and Pikmin 3.
Eagerly anticipating: Zelda U and the hopeful announcements of Animal Crossing U and Paper Mario U.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

The irony is that Linklouch would be an even more worthless protagonist than Shinji. Link's muteness would render Lelouch's strategy useless and Lelouch's physical frailty would render Link's combat skills... moot.

Not to mention that turning Link into one of the most irritating, thoroughly unlikeable characters in storytelling history, and then slogging him through 20 hours of poorly-paced wish-fulfillment fantasy with amateurish writing would be a more harrowing disaster than Other M.

So testy! Code Geass isn't everyone's cup of English tea, and Lelouch is a confirmed horrible person, but I still loved them both because of their ambition and results.

Anyway; Zelda. What single element do you want to see at The Game Awards or wherever? Particular item, feature, narrative element, music, or concept art?

For me it's definitely concept art. I don't want too much of the game to get spoiler beyond a trailer, but Zelda concept art is always so pretty. Let's see summa that!

Nicolai

Haru17 wrote:

Anyway; Zelda. What single element do you want to see at The Game Awards or wherever? Particular item, feature, narrative element, music, or concept art?

For me it's definitely concept art. I don't want too much of the game to get spoiler beyond a trailer, but Zelda concept art is always so pretty. Let's see summa that!

My personal ideal would be for the whole project to be kept under wraps until E3 2016, then have it fully unveiled with a Holiday 2016 release date on Wii U. I've never been a fan of the huge hype train slowly chugging along through 1½ years or more. The hype really dies down quickly like that. 6 months is a good amount of time to get excited about something.

However, I don't deny that, under the circumstances, I would be a little grateful for a small something at the Game Awards, just to prove to us that it still exists. Maybe I'm paranoid, but a small showing would put my heart at ease. But keep it tiny. Just one small new feature of the game, maybe a screenshot with improved graphics (not that they were bad before).

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Eel

I hope they reveal the project has changed a lot since they last mentioned it and show a trailer for a completely different, cell-shaded, chibi zelda game.

It would be completely unprecedented.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MsJubilee

@Morpheel: Wind Waker 2? Damn that will cause a riot.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

LaserdiscGal

Wasn't the original GC Zelda title shown off with standard OOT style graphics prior to switching into a WW style later on during development?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

kkslider5552000

Darth_Vader wrote:

Wasn't the original GC Zelda title shown off with standard OOT style graphics prior to switching into a WW style later on during development?

God that trailer is so dated nowadays.

seriously, that is the silliest looking animation on Ganondorf. But not in a good way. I grew up with the N64 and still think this fails.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

erv

@Morpheel: I loved wind waker and am all for new art styles, but this one - whoa, the style they had was so, so gorgeous. So for once, they should probably keep it and build on that.

But yeah, a later chibi zelda would be cool too.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

I sincerely hope they don't change the art style. I liked very much what that first trailer looked like. And given how much they'd done at that point, I doubt they'd change anything. Maybe just the odd tweak.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

CaviarMeths

Why would they change the art style? Did I miss something?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic