Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,741 to 2,760 of 15,210

erv

The more I think about an upscale zelda adventure, the more curious I get to see nintendo develop an online dungeon crawler kind of game besides zelda.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

jump

erv wrote:

The more I think about an upscale zelda adventure, the more curious I get to see nintendo develop an online dungeon crawler kind of game besides zelda.

They sort of have already, they released a series of BS Zelda games in Japan only for the SNES and it's basically Nes Zelda and LTTP remixed where you chose to be a boy or girl (wearing a baseball cap?) then go off on adventures with a narrator in the real world telling you about thing happening in different parts of the game and had to rush over there in time. As internet wasn't big then you had to buy a satellite add thingy on to play it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rallydefault

@CaviarMeths: Remember that MMO Zelda game on PC? I wonder if it's still running... it definitely wasn't licensed, and I can't remember its name for the life of me.

It had the graphics of Link to the Past... anybody remember the name?

Oh, GRAAL or something like that, right?

rallydefault

iKhan

Can the whole multiplayer Zelda fad please end? Zelda is about being a singular hero on an immersive adventure. Multiplayer is completely antagonistic to that idea. Usually Nintendo has a really good grasp of what makes sense with which franchises, but with multiplayer, they are just off base.

So no MMO, no online, and no local multiplayer.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jump

iKhan wrote:

Can the whole multiplayer Zelda fad please end? Zelda is about being a singular hero on an immersive adventure. Multiplayer is completely antagonistic to that idea. Usually Nintendo has a really good grasp of what makes sense with which franchises, but with multiplayer, they are just off base.

I'm really not sure how multiplayer Zelda can be classed as a fad when they are not even that popular or even treated like a main entrry in the series.

I disagree with online too as the potential is there to have constantly changing and updating world for you to explore via on-line which goes with one of the themes in Zelda exploration and discovery.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Dezzy

Yep turning Zelda MMO would be a disaster.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Agreed.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

I'm really not sure how multiplayer Zelda can be classed as a fad when they are not even that popular or even treated like a main entrry in the series.

Did you watch E3...? Even get it over radio?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Did you watch E3...? Even get it over radio?

I was too scared to watch E3 incase they showed the Gerudo.

A-haaaa. Now that would be a 'dis' if it had any relation to my actual feeling on the matter. No, but if they had shown the Gerudo they would look... weird in the current gaming space if they weren't adapted for the times (culture and visuals both.)

My point, though, was, that 'Tri-Force Heroes,' of all things, was definitely touted like it was a main series Zelda.

Haru17

arronishere wrote:

Ah, so you're saying you don't find the Gerudo offensive now, good to know but it does make wonder why you're complaining they're offensive in the first place tho.

How about you go and quote me saying that or admit your lies? Or, you know, you could not bring your own preconceptions to your reads of my posts in the first place and save us both the time.

Well it does have the Zelda label on it but since they said it's not part of the Zelda time-lime it's not being taken seriously but my point was of the fans treating them like spin offs.

While MP many not be a fad in the fanbase, it sure seems to be for Nintendo. What with the Wii U having so many coop games and now with Nintendo making Tri Force Heroes and Federation Force for the 3DS.

CaviarMeths

Only reason Triforce Heroes got a spotlight at E3 is because there was nothing else to show. People wanted new game reveals. Nintendo was all "Well, uh, we have this, I guess." It probably would have been in a regular Direct otherwise.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Haru17

CaviarMeths wrote:

Only reason Triforce Heroes got a spotlight at E3 is because there was nothing else to show. People wanted new game reveals. Nintendo was all "Well, uh, we have this, I guess." It probably would have been in a regular Direct otherwise.

ofc

rallydefault

@Octane: Sorry, didn't see this until today for some reason. Uhm... I was replying to the one where you said it was always listed as "TBD."

rallydefault

Octane

rallydefault wrote:

Octane: Sorry, didn't see this until today for some reason. Uhm... I was replying to the one where you said it was always listed as "TBD."

Quotes are easier in that case, if prevents me from having to browse through the pages to find the original comment.

I see, however I still think you got both comments mixed up, as I don't recall any article talking about the TBD status of Zelda U. There was an article about Zelda U appearing next week at Gamescom in Germany (just a rumour though).

Octane

Blast

I would like it if there was a section in the game where you played as Zelda and explored her castle. People would treat you as royalty and you train as Sheik at night. Or... Just have Link explore a grand castle while he wears a really cool majestic robe. Have it packed to the brim with fun side activities like a drinking contest of Lon Lon Milk.

Master of the Hype Train

Smash_kirby

Blast wrote:

I would like it if there was a section in the game where you played as Zelda and explored her castle. People would treat you as royalty and you train as Sheik at night. Or... Just have Link explore a grand castle while he wears a really cool majestic robe. Have it packed to the brim with fun side activities like a drinking contest of Lon Lon Milk.

And sadly that is why the game is being delayed by Nintendo. They want to add in as much as they can into the game.

Smash_kirby

Blast

Smash_kirby wrote:

Blast wrote:

And sadly that is why the game is being delayed by Nintendo. They want to add in as much as they can into the game.

I really hope that's true. All open world games need fun side activities and a sense of exploration.

Master of the Hype Train

Smash_kirby

Blast wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

Blast wrote:

I really hope that's true. All open world games need fun side activities and a sense of exploration.

I can't remember where I saw it reported but Anouma said the team keeps coming up with ideas for the game and wants to put them in. They want to release a complete game without having to deal with DLC for the game.

Smash_kirby

Haru17

Smash_kirby wrote:

Don't count your cucco eggs...

Haru17

Anyway, I just had someone call Zelda U ugly, in preference towards Dragon Quest 11's plasticy character models, of all things. Now I've seen everything.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic