Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,441 to 2,460 of 15,210

kkslider5552000

Blast wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

It seems logical to me - why would they tease it further when they've already announced the game is delayed?

Blast wrote:

Zelda U won't be a launch title for NX.... But Twilight Princess HD will. You heard it here first. Mark my words.

that doesn't really make sense though, Wind Waker was a great game to use to remake but I don't see the appeal in Twilight Princess..

You know Midna is one of the most popular characters in the Zelda fanbase, right? Twilight Princess had great content and combat. Fix the graphics, throw in a little more content, and watch the money come in.

why would a Zelda game sell more when more people already own TP and most can play it on their Wii U anyway?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

iKhan

CanisWolfred wrote:

If I'm reading that right, I think he said "This game's so good, it'd be a shame to show it off"

...I don't even know how to respond to that...

#NintendoLogic

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

martinskrtel37 wrote:

It seems logical to me - why would they tease it further when they've already announced the game is delayed?

Blast wrote:

Zelda U won't be a launch title for NX.... But Twilight Princess HD will. You heard it here first. Mark my words.

that doesn't really make sense though, Wind Waker was a great game to use to remake but I don't see the appeal in Twilight Princess..

You know Midna is one of the most popular characters in the Zelda fanbase, right? Twilight Princess had great content and combat. Fix the graphics, throw in a little more content, and watch the money come in.

why would a Zelda game sell more when more people already own TP and most can play it on their Wii U anyway?

Better graphics and a tad bit more content can sway anybody. Just ask all the people that bought Grand Theft Auto V again.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Jacob717

I was watching James & Mike Mondays, and in the Japanese version of the original Zelda, you can kill Pols Voice by speaking into the microphone. Do you think, since the Wii U GamePad has a microphone, they'll use this again?

Jacob717

Haru17

Blast wrote:

Better graphics and a tad bit more content can sway anybody. Just ask all the people that bought Grand Theft Auto V again.

Also, and not for nothing; commercials and store shelves.

Blast wrote:

That sounds great, and in my personal gaming industry fan fiction it would be followed by 'and all the gaming publishers and devs entered into a contract to make games for a single system, and it actually sold well,' but I don't really expect that to happen. Sure, Zelda remakes sell more than typical remakes, and I've no doubt that many years after Zelda U releases Twilight Princess will still remain the better game in many respects, but nothing quite matches the draw of a brand new AAA game, especially as a system seller. And Nintendo systems have always sold, or not, based on that killer app, especially at launch, just look at what, when it was new, TP did for the Wii.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Nicolai

I kinda agree with their reasoning for not showing Zelda Wii U at E3, but I don't think they should've said it. It was kinda insulting, like they were saying "You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

Oh yeah, Jack Nicholson.
Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

Pianomanfreak wrote:

when I was at http://www.gonintendo.com earlier today I find out that this game will have amiibo function. So what is your thoughts on this?

Really? I'm having trouble finding the article that says this. Could you link the article?

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

CaviarMeths

Do GoNintendo and NintendoEverything ever upload actually meaningful content?

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

TuVictus

NE is where I go for any latest Nintendo News. I really love it.

TuVictus

Nicolai

That's a fan-made compatibility chart... sorry, I thought you meant that amiibo compatibility was confirmed.

I've already talked on here about my wish of an amiibo line of Zelda enemies, with tektites and peahats and such, and they would unlock a special hunting mode, where a golden version of that enemy would appear randomly on the map for you to track down for rewards.

Got married.

martinskrtel37

CaviarMeths wrote:

Do GoNintendo and NintendoEverything ever upload actually meaningful content?

They get everything from what we're saying in the forums, so it's up to us to make the quality content for them.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Haru17

The green tunic is amiibo-exclusive, calling it now.

iKhan

Tops wrote:

I'd buy a Twilight Princess remake if they didn't use the motion controls for it. I still regret not just buying the GC version because I just couldn't get into the waggle-combat. At least Skyward Sword actually made motion controls worth something with its combat, even if the game wasn't particularly difficult as a result.

I know they're two different styles of combat, with TP being more action-oriented and SS more methodical in needing to read enemy movements, but the former just didn't do it for me as far as motion controls are concerned.

I think there is a 3rd way. A simply more natural control scheme.

I loved TP's motion controls but I can see where they would go wrong. All the swinging was horizontal, but a bunch of you slashes were vertical. That could definitely clash for some people (unlike in Super Mario Galaxy, where a horizontal spin is a horizontal Wiimote swing). The spin attack and shield block were also awkwardly unresponsive.

They can keep the similar control base, but redo the control assignments so they mesh better with gameplay.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

Do we really think the NX, or whatever, TPHD eventually comes out on, will support the wii remote? At most it might have some dualshock 3-like controller aiming for the bow.

iKhan

Haru17 wrote:

Do we really think the NX, or whatever, TPHD eventually comes out on, will support the wii remote? At most it might have some dualshock 3-like controller aiming for the bow.

Nintendo would be stupid not to. Sony and Microsoft are ignoring it, so it's a perfect segment of the market that Nintendo can easily capitalize on, especially considering how affordable the Wii Remotes are

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

The tunic is unlocked by regular Link, the hat is unlocked by Toon Link.

Octane

Haru17

Octane wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

The tunic is unlocked by regular Link, the hat is unlocked by Toon Link.

/slowclap

havokpants

when do you guys think we will hear more info about this i'm thinkin the game awards or gamescon on that subject when do you think will ne the next nintendo direct?

havokpants

Nintendo Network ID: HavokPants

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic