Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 2,361 to 2,380 of 15,210

TuVictus

CaviarMeths wrote:

Operative wrote:

Most of Nintendo's games are worth the $60. But not recently. Not Captain Toad, not Canvas Curse, definitely not those Project games, and not Mario Maker, unless there's some ridiculous depth to the game they have yet to show off. Everything else that's been retail released, I'd say is worth the price they set.

Captain Toad and Kirby were $50. Everything else you mention isn't released yet.

Nope. $40. And I know, I'm saying it would be funny if they think they could price Mario Maker at $60. I expect it'll be a budget title, though.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Operative wrote:

Most of Nintendo's games are worth the $60. But not recently. Not Captain Toad, not Canvas Curse, definitely not those Project games, and not Mario Maker, unless there's some ridiculous depth to the game they have yet to show off. Everything else that's been retail released, I'd say is worth the price they set.

Captain Toad and Kirby were $50. Everything else you mention isn't released yet.

Nope. $40. And I know, I'm saying it would be funny if they think they could price Mario Maker at $60. I expect it'll be a budget title, though.

I would have paid $60 for Captain Toad, one of my favorite Wii U games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

ekreig wrote:

I want this to hurry up and come out so people can tear it apart for not being perfect like Skyward Sword.

'Not being perfect' is not even in the first 10 significant flaws Skyward Sword had, m8.

It's an nonlinear open world game, so it'll get all of that snobby token 'innovation' praise that simultaneously insults every better linear game that has come before it.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

AceDefective

Haru17 wrote:

ekreig wrote:

I want this to hurry up and come out so people can tear it apart for not being perfect like Skyward Sword.

'Not being perfect' is not even in the first 10 significant flaws Skyward Sword had, m8.

It's an nonlinear open world game, so it'll get all of that snobby token 'innovation' praise that simultaneously insults every better linear game that has come before it.

"Not a quicksandbox game with gigantic pointless empty spaces of land and ultimately pointless choices? 0/10" - IGN

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Haru17

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

ekreig wrote:

"Not a quicksandbox game with gigantic pointless empty spaces of land and ultimately pointless choices? 0/10" - IGN

Basically. Granted, I feel that some choice-based narratives do well for themselves (everything besides Telltale, really), but there's certainly too much of an obsession with them compared to traditional, focused plots.

And the only dev that still does open world well is Bethesda. Witcher 3 has a good story and neat quests, but it's laughable how much running to waypoints there is. The world structure also distracts the main story's focus. Not to mention a bunch of pointless randomized loot.

Henmii

It now seems to be confirmed that the original Zelda will be the last game played at the World championship. What if Reggie turns around and says: Are your bodies ready?! Then Zelda U gets blown up on the big screen?! It would be quite a stunt. Remember that this new Zelda is based on the first one, freedom-wise.

Henmii

Haru17

Henmii wrote:

...Then Zelda U gets blown up on the big screen...

I would prefer they complete and release it, not blow the code up. That's just me, though I do think the game would be more use in software as opposed to firework format.

Henmii

Lol, you know what I mean: Shown on the big screen, not blasted to bits! That would be terrible!!

As for the whole costs debate: Many people don't feel like paying 50 or 60 Euro/Dollar for a Nintendo game anymore. Maybe because of the simplicity of many of those games. Or maybe because of all the sidescrollers (you can get many good sidescrollers as downloads and at low prices, thus people scoff when they have to pay 50 for a Nintendo sidescroller).

I already noticed this with DK Tropical freeze. Yes it was shorter, and I prefer Returns. But I still think I payed a decent price (45, if I am correct). But many people found it expensive, and many people thought Retro sure had another project going on (NO PEOPLE, this was the only project they where working on at that time. Accept it!!). There where also people who shouted: Sure this must be e-shop only?

Since then Nintendo has budget prices. Even at my local shop (who is always to expensive) who had particular terrible prices at the beginning of the Wii u now offers games at 40. Toad treasure tracker, Splatoon, Kirby rainbow curse, all 40. I guess Yoshi will be 40 too. Only Xenoblade and Zelda will be full price, but those will be REALLY big games. Nintendo listened to the whining, and lowered the prices.

As for Mario maker: I don't see why its so popular, since there are so many free level-builders on the internet (with much more options, like characters from different franchises). I think this should cost 15 or 20 at the highest, but that probably won't happen. And it should be just a e-shop game. Personally I only buy it if there is a big assortment of Nintendo-made levels.

A big rant, I know. But I needed to get this of my chest. My stance: If a game is good (and has content), then 50 is justified (even if it is a more simple affair compared to PS4/XboxOne games). A quality sidescroller is worth 50. But I don't complain about low prices, especially since I am low on cash (and Nintendo already rips-off all the time with their super-expensive downloads). Bring it on!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

CM30

Anyone who compares the likes of Tropical Freeze to free or overly cheap platformers ought to actually look at both and see which one has the better production values and more interesting level concepts.

It's a pretty big difference, even if a depressing amount don't see it.

Back to Zelda... yeah, I'd love to see them reveal it during the Nintendo World Championships. Unlikely, but it would be cool.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Haru17

CM30 wrote:

Back to Zelda... yeah, I'd love to see them reveal it during the Nintendo World Championships. Unlikely, but it would be cool.

Lol, 'playtime's over, step aside for the trailer.'

Dezzy

They do need to introduce it in an even cooler way than last time where he clicked it into existence.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

They do need to introduce it in an even cooler way than last time where he clicked it into existence.

Aonuma's all like:

Untitled

Dezzy

Looks good to me. It would be an improvement to LA.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haru17

Dezzy wrote:

Looks good to me. It would be an improvement to LA.

The missiles would be the screen, of course. I was referencing the grandstanding.

Hendesu

I hope Zelda U be like Ocarina of time and Majora Mask, instead of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Because Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword was terrible.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Haru17

Sakurai wrote:

I hope Zelda U be like Ocarina of time and Majora Mask, instead of Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword. Because Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword was terrible.

Stellar grammar is just the icing on top of this painstakingly nuanced and detailed critical expression.

Hendesu

Haru17 wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

Stellar grammar is just the icing on top of this painstakingly nuanced and detailed critical expression.

I'm guessing you're a fan of those games?

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

CaviarMeths

Oh god. Everyone to the bunker.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Hendesu

CaviarMeths wrote:

Oh god. Everyone to the bunker.

No need. I'm just expressing my opinion.

[Started 10/31/15]

Haru17

Sakurai wrote:

Haru17 wrote:

Sakurai wrote:

I'm guessing you're a fan of those games?

The former, anyway.

No bunker needed, but we ought pay mind to this criticism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4mEgZMxsWA at times. Vague criticisms, like generalizations in general, are all too easy to apply.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic