Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 27,917

camerica1618

@UGXwolf

Just because I don't have hype or I get disappointed with the lesser amounts of information doesn't mean I'm selfish. I'm fairly grateful that we get a pic five days a week. That's beyond awesome. My disappointment was more on the absence of a Direct completely. I'm satisfied with the Smash news we're getting currently.

camerica1618

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

@Blast Didn't I /just/ say something about this? First off, if either version is coming out first, it'll be the 3DS version because it's far simpler to develop. Sakurai and Nintendo don't have a similar mindset to Microsoft and won't delay the easier-to-make version just so the Wii U version can have its day in the Sun. Second off, the 3DS is not ripping nearly as many sales from the Wii U as people like to pretend it is. Most of the people not getting the Wii U version WEREN'T GONNA GET IT, ANYWAYS.

Personally I think the Wii U version would come out first as that is probably the primary SKU and the 3DS is a port with unique content. So once the Wii U version is done they can put more resources into finishing the 3DS version. But most likely they will launch the same day.

UGXwolf wrote:

Beyond that, the 3DS version will inevitably sell better. Why? Because most of us that have a Wii U also have a 3DS and see no reason not to drop $100 on both versions. That goes double for those of us with a lot of love for our Wii Us, but no time to play it. I want the 3DS version so I can play it anywhere. I want the Wii U version because it's just flat out gonna be better. Way better. If not for the controls, alone, then for the mass amount of content.

Most people have 3DS so the 3DS will sell better. Saying people won't buy a console for 1 game is a little ridiculous. A) People sometimes do. B) Most people buy a console for a collection of games. With SSB4 not being exclusive to WIi U then that is 1 less game in that collection. If you buy a 3DS for Smash but not a Wii U for Smash then it is most likely a decsion made on price and if Smash was only for WIi U there wouldn't have been a price decision, just a "do you want it" decision.

UGXwolf wrote:

Titanfall is a different story. The Xbox One version isn't gonna be much better then the 360 version. They're essentially ports, from what I can tell. Not two separate versions.

Titanfall for 360 actually has a different developer and will probably be different in a couple of ways. I am surprised we haven't seen any videos if they were so similar I would have imagined that a comparison video would have been released to show how much better looking the X1 version is. Do to there not being a comparison video I am guessing there are more differences. (but the same concept will probably be there: FPD with mechs)

UGXwolf wrote:

No, being COMPLETELY serious, here, nothing annoys me more, in this fanbase, right now, than people being brats about getting what they wanted. It's not your business how well the Wii U is doing. The quality games are coming, anyways. Nintendo knows better than to outright drop support for the system so soon. Now, tell me this: HOW IN THE BLUE BLAZES IS THE 3DS VERSION GOING TO RUIN YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE WII U VERSION?!

3DS won't ruin my enjoyment of the Wii U version (if they are both the same which I am guessing they are) but it is slightly disappointing that the Smash install base will be split into two different systems. Nintendo could have used Smash to boost WIi U sales pretty well but with it not being exclusive it will not be as big of a boost.

UGXwolf wrote:

Correct answer: It won't. It really won't. The Wii U version will be great, regardless. They're not going to dumb down the Wii U version to make it match the 3DS version. That was character roster, only, and it's starting to look like they won't have to do much "dumbing down," anyways.

The only gameplay difference between versions I have seen are the stages. I heard they were looking into different things to make it more unique but I hope nothing that will affect balance.

UGXwolf wrote:

Seriously. It just annoys me that people are all like "But everyone's gonna get the 3DS version! D:" Yes, because everyone has a 3DS. Not a whole lot of people are suddenly gonna not get the Wii U just because there's a 3DS version of Smash. It's really not that big a number. I swear to you, it isn't.

Smash is kinda a big deal. If Smash were exclusive it would have boosted sales throughout the console's lifespan. Do to it not being exlusive there won't be as big of a boost for Wii U. As I said above it is disappointing Nintendo isn't using this game to help the Wii U out of its rut but at the same time they announced Smash before Wii U sales were know. I am glad they aren't going back on their word (canceling the 3DS version) just to give Wii U more sales.

So is it a big deal for the players? No. Is it a big deal for Nintendo as a company? The way I see it, Yes. Smash being Wii U only would have help boost sales a good number and Smash on 3DS is going to lower than number.

If you think differently then that is good, people should have different opinions about stuff. Just please don't tell someone their opinion is wrong. For one thing I don't think Ocarina of Time is a good game... (doesn't make your opinion of the game less valid or wrong and your opinion doesn't make my opinion less valid or wrong)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Sang

linkismyhero wrote:

Blast wrote:

Even though I am getting both versions of this game.... I still can't help but hold some kind curiosity to why the 3DS version even exists.
There should be people saying: "THIS is the game that's making me buy a Wii U!"
Not "I'm getting this for my 3DS! I don't own a Wii U so I don't need to get the game for Wii U!" - THAT SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING BUT IT IS.

I SWEAR... IF THE 3DS VERSION OUTSELLS THE WII U VERSION (this might be inevitable)... I'M GONNA BE PRETTY TICKED. The Wii U is in the process of gathering must buy EXCLUSIVE games. Super Smash Bros. has a big following....

I know we talked about this before repeatedly so I'm sorry that I'm bringing it up again.

Heck, I kinda hope that Nintendo pulls a Titanfall and keeps "delaying" the 3DS version so the Wii U version can take the spotlight. That's what Microsoft did with Titanfall for the 360 and Xbox One and guess what? ITS WORKING! Xbox One sales have shot up dramatically while the 360 version is nowhere to be seen.

For me personally, that's because

1) I already own a 3DS and I'm not made of money, so I won't buy a Wii U for one game

2) The 3DS version excites me mostly because I can play it anywhere

3) The Wii U doesn't offer me any exclusive characters or, from what I've seen, game modes, and I wouldn't likely unlock all trophies anyway, and 3DS stages look better, IMO

4) Back to point 1, the 3DS version costs 20 less dollars for what seems like the exact same game

5) I don't give a rat's behind about HD

Those, of course, are personal reasons, but you treat us people like dummies.

Those are all the reasons I will most likely not be getting the wii u version, unless sakurai shows something exclusive for the wii u version at e3.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@DefHalen Your reasoning hinges on a few concepts that are neither confirmed, nor likely. The Wii U and 3DS versions are just that. VERSIONS. They are two separate versions. One is not a port of the other, they are both being developed side-by-side from the ground up.

On top of this, it is silly to assume that they will be largely the same, as the only thing confirmed to be the exact same between the two is the character roster. The mechanics could play out entirely differently, though I doubt it, and the stages, trophies, items, assists, so on, so forth, have nothing to say they'll even be similar between the two versions.

Besides that, you seem to think I'm saying that no one will buy a Wii U just for Smash. People do that, yes, but not most people. Most people will cut their losses and say "one game isn't enough," or just outright fanboy their reasons, like "Oh, because it's Nintendo and Nintendo sucks." People do that, too. What I'm saying is that the 3DS version will not steal all that many sales from the Wii U version. Most of the people that would've bought a Wii U with Smash as the main reason are probably still gonna buy a Wii U for Smash, because if they like Smash enough to buy a console just to play it, there's a pretty good chance they'll see the 3DS version as "not good enough," and either skip it or get it later on down the road.

And need I say it, again? Nintendo is not developing this game. This game is Sakurai's project with Namco's developers. It's not their job to make the Wii U sell, it's their job to see Smash 4 do well. Even if the 3DS version WERE going to steal all of the Wii U version's sales (which I assure you, it really isn't), Sakurai and Namco would've still done their job. Nintendo needs to make the console sell, themselves, so can we please stop villainizing Smash 4 3DS because Nintendo hasn't been properly marketing their console? Thank you.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

retropunky

Getting Smash for the Wii U that's for sure. For one thing, It needs the game to help it's form right now.

And as for the next character, I hope they announce Ness. Maybe he's a given since he's one of the originals, but still.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

@PKpunky Ness could be announced on April 17th, the day Earthbound was announced for the NA and PAL Wii U eShops. Lucas could be announced April 20th, which was the launch date of Mother 3 in Japan, IIRC.

I think that Chrom might come before that, BUT WAIT! It may not be Chrom! Now, I'm stretching, here, of course, as Chrom is still the most likely FE newcomer, but what if, instead, they announce Lucina as an alternate costume for Marth?! What if they then follow it up with a trailer during the late-April Nintendo Direct that we, as of yet, know nothing about to announce Ness, Lucas, AND Chrom! Why? I DON'T KNOW, BUT SAKURAI LOVES TO CATCH US WAY OFF GUARD!

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

And need I say it, again? Nintendo is not developing this game. This game is Sakurai's project with Namco's developers. It's not their job to make the Wii U sell, it's their job to see Smash 4 do well. Even if the 3DS version WERE going to steal all of the Wii U version's sales (which I assure you, it really isn't), Sakurai and Namco would've still done their job. Nintendo needs to make the console sell, themselves, so can we please stop villainizing Smash 4 3DS because Nintendo hasn't been properly marketing their console? Thank you.

This game is being published by Nintendo and is using Nintendo licenses. I am surprised by Nintendo's choices, not by the developers. It is Nintendo's job to make the Wii U sell and this game (being published by Nintendo) is one that could do just that. I will agree that Nintendo's Markets hasn't been too great for WIi U but if Smash 4 were exclusive (which is Nintendo's choice) it could have helped the Wii U's situation. I am not saying the Wii U's bad place in the market is a result of anything to do with SSB4 or the Developer's choices. This is all Nintendo's choices.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

@UGXwolf

Hadn't even thought about those dates yet... but that would be awesome if they did. I hope Ness returns at least.

I think another FE character, not a skin or clone, but a new addition to the roster would be really cool. I liked Roy, but it was more of the same as Marth.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

UGXwolf

@PKpunky Ness is practically guaranteed to join. Ness, Yoshi, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are all above 99% chance of returning, to pull a number out of thin air, for you. Removing any of them would be highly unlikely, though not impossible. As for FE, I think it's practically a given that we'll get another FE character, but given roster stuffs, Ike and Chrom may or may not both join. There's really no telling, once people bring up the limiting roster size.

@DefHalen Nintendo gives their developers full creative freedom. This is not new. This has been the case since Rareware, at the very least. Even when they regulated how much a company could release on their console back in the old NES days, I've not once heard of Nintendo ever saying "no, you can't do that."

The closest I've seen to anything of the sort was when they published Eternal Darkness, and when they came to Silicon Knights asking about a certain Sanity effect, what they said was something along the lines of "You know, some players might not be so happy about you tricking them into thinking they'd deleted their save files. They might throw their controllers against the wall, and the controllers might break. Are you sure this is such a good idea?"
Hint: That sanity effect is still in the game, and it freaks the daylights out of every player that gets far enough into the game to witness it.

As for a comment I missed before: I am by no means saying that your opinion is wrong. I'm saying that your beliefs are based on misconceptions and ideas with no logical base. If you want to keep believing them, go ahead. I'm also stating that people getting pissy over the 3DS version annoys me, because having an alternate version on a more popular system is nothing but good for the Smash game and community.

K964

Just something I've been thinking about since these games were revealed: Voice Acting. NOA's decisions regarding this wouldn't make or break my purchase, but I would enjoy the game even more if they got a couple specific voices for specific characters. Honestly the only ones I'm a little wary about are Pit and the Star Fox characters. I hope Pit's voiced by Anthony Del Rio (the voice from Uprising), as I now associate that voice with Pit and it can make playing as Pit in Brawl feel a little awkward. The person that was Pit in Brawl did a enough job, but Del Rio's Pit is the most recent one fans have been able to be accustomed to. Similarly, I hope they get the Star Fox 64 cast to come back for this game like what happened with 64 3D, since that was the most recent game in that series (not to mention that everyone in their right minds adores their voice acting, regardless of the objective quality of their performance). The reason I don't care about the other characters' voices is because they either have set voice actors (Mario characters, Sonic), don't speak at all (Olimar for some reason, Mega Man), or only make grunts and short phrases instead of full sentences in smash taunts. Speaking of smash taunts, I hope Pit and Little Mac get smash taunts for this game. It would be so cool to have Palutena or Doc Louis offer helpful tips and chocolate ramblings respectively.

TL:DR I hope NOA gets the cast from Kid Icarus: Uprising and Star Fox 64 3D to reprise their roles for Smash 4.
As a side note, if Snake comes back I hope he's voiced by David Hayter.

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

Prof_Clayton

DestinyMan wrote:

I think before the Fire Emblem anniversary, we'll get a random character out of the blue like Mr. Game & Watch or Wario.

Probably a trophy reveal, since that's what we got for KI:U's birthday, the Ore Club and Phosphora.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

K964

DestinyMan wrote:

Anthony Del Rio is a shoe-in for Pit's voice in the new Smash. The Star Fox characters will probably not change.

Well the Star Fox voices in Brawl were based off of Assault, and I hope they base 'em off 64(3D) this time since when I compare the voice of say Leon or Slippy in 64 to their Brawl/Assault voices, the later feels almost ear grating. The only Assault voices I'm okay with are the ones for the Smash Fighters, but that's only because Fox and Falco sound like their 64 counterparts, and both of Wolf's voices are good (though I like the one famous for "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" more).

K964

@DestinyMan Okay, I was a little confused about which voices wouldn't change.

I'm definitely looking foreword to hearing Roger Craig Smith say, "You're too slow!", and I hope Olimar will be able to at least say his name or something in the voice they use for Pikmin 2 and 3.

cookiex

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

Why do people keep believing that characters will be revealed on anniversary dates for games? Has any characters before ever been revealed for anniversary as the reason?

Little Mac was revealed on the 30th anniversary of the arcade version of Punch Out!!'s release in Japan so...

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Shirma_Akayaku

The next veteran to return is..... Fat Yellow Mario!!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Wheeler

Rosalina wrote:

For a second I thought you were going to say Wario. But Yellow Mario needs to return!

Wheeler

Pootypie

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

For a second I thought you were going to say Wario. But Yellow Mario needs to return!

I think she meant Wario...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Wheeler

TheGreatGamer wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

I think she meant Wario...

I was being sarcastic on the "Yellow Mario" part. Of course she meant Wario.

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic