Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 27,917

Orngeblu

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

PMBR, please stop, I cannot contain my HYPE!!

They'd finally add Samus. Also, ROY!!!!

I know, it's beautiful. ;-; She can swap beams too which changes her moveset! Also yeah, Roy is hype too. Can't wait to play him.

On topic: pic of the day was lame, as if I didn't see that in the background!? >:/ That stage is still awesome though.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Wheeler

^Looks awesome. Yeah, the pic of the day was alright.

Wheeler

Budda

Orngeblu wrote:

On topic: pic of the day was lame, as if I didn't see that in the background!? >:/ That stage is still awesome though.

That pic of the day was maybe a hint that you can get on them. Maybe they fly by the "main" planet some times. Because it seems accessible on this picture. You couldn't see this from far away. ^^ (The characters, the star things, sorry forgot their name, don't hinder because Toon Link is on that one 3DS stage as well. If they do it there they can do it on the Wii U version as well.)

I don't think they posted it for your reason.

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Pootypie

I used to think Wii U was portable...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

GamecubeMan

I want a Paper Mario stage! If there is a Yoshi Island stage then why not (ignores fact that a yoshi island stage has kinda been a tradition in the series)?!

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
"Here's Marth, the sleepyhead."

you are always too fast for me

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Romeo

i am so excited for this game
i also think it's great that there'll be a Wii U and a 3DS version, but im a little concered... i hope they won't dumb it down so it'll work on the 3DS as well

they should just (if necessary) release 2 "different" games.... if the 3DS can't handle certain characters/moves, then just make them exclusive to the Wii U, but that's not what they're doing
the 3DS has certain limitations... and the Wii U version will suffer because of that

i'm sure both versions will be fun, but for a fighting game the console version will always be the definitive one

it looks pretty slow as well, gameplay isn't nearly fast enough... im afraid they'll turn smash bros. into a completely casual game..
which would result in smash bros. not being fit for the eSports competitive market... i'd hate to see that happen.. i don't want this game to be dumbed down and 100% casual

i want this game to be great.. i want it to be an amazing fighting game which will replace Meele, etc.

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Budda

Romeo wrote:

i also think it's great that there'll be a Wii U and a 3DS version, but im a little concered... i hope they won't dumb it down so it'll work on the 3DS as well

they should just (if necessary) release 2 "different" games.... if the 3DS can't handle certain characters/moves, then just make them exclusive to the Wii U, but that's not what they're doing
the 3DS has certain limitations... and the Wii U version will suffer because of that

i'm sure both versions will be fun, but for a fighting game the console version will always be the definitive one

it looks pretty slow as well, gameplay isn't nearly fast enough... im afraid they'll turn smash bros. into a completely casual game..
which would result in smash bros. not being fit for the eSports competitive market... i'd hate to see that happen.. i don't want this game to be dumbed down and 100% casual

i want this game to be great.. i want it to be an amazing fighting game which will replace Meele, etc.

The game isn't done jet. And the gameplay you saw is from the game in an early stage.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Pootypie

@BlueBlurixM it's an early stage because they need to at least show a trailer to introduce the game or something like that. I really want to see what the final would look like.

Pootypie

Snagrio

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Sigh, at the cost of sounding incredibly immature, it looks the WFT is about to have their way with him.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Pootypie

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

Sigh, at the cost of sounding incredibly immature, it looks the WFT is about to have their way with him.

do you seriously have to think it that far?

Pootypie

Pootypie

DestinyMan wrote:

If Marth was really sleeping, he would be flashing pink, snoring, and blowing bubbles.

Looks like Sakurai's back to posting joke pics, which in that case, I hope this is the only one this week.

That was in melee? Either way they might have removed. Let's wait for the game to come out... next... year...

Pootypie

Snagrio

TheGreatGamer wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

do you seriously have to think it that far?

The only reason I thought that was because, as @DestinyMan pointed out, Marth isn't sleeping in the pic but rather lying on the ground after being hit (presumably by WFT). So it looks like he was knocked out for certain reasons. But yes my mind is dirty...

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

I don't think they posted it for your reason.

I don't expect them to, I was just expressing my opinion.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

OdnetninAges

WingedSnagret wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

That's not as bad as me. Whenever I see someone abbreviate Wii Fit Trainer's name to "WFT", my brain reads it as "WTF". Then I realize in about 1 second it's actually "WFT", laugh at myself, and then feel like an idiot.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

SomeBitTripFan

@WingedFish: Yeah, it looked pretty wrong to me also. It would help if Marth didn't have that look on his face.

@OdnetninAges: I make the same mistake myself. It's led to some very strange sentences.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

GamecubeMan

DestinyMan wrote:

@GamecubeMan: There was already a Yoshi's Island stage in Brawl, and before that there were two Yoshi's Story stages, so Yoshi's Story has actually been the tradition. However, I think it's very possible we'll get a Yarn Yoshi stage on the Wii U version and a Yoshi's New Island stage on the 3DS one to celebrate the two big Yoshi games next year.

Oh its just that the artstyles are really similar! But I agree it would be nice if Nintendo had some stages that represented their newest games in the same regard of seeing newer characters from their lastest entries (Chrom).

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Romeo

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Romeo wrote:

The game isn't done jet. And the gameplay you saw is from the game in an early stage.

unfortunately that still doesn't change most of the facts

1) it was said that the Wii U and 3DS version of the game will have the same roster. it was also mentioned that the 3DS has certain limitations and therefore certain characters won't make it into the game.
that automatically means that we won't see those characters in the Wii U version

2) cross-play between the Wii U and the 3DS version won't be possible. But nintendo still insists on having the same roster for both versions.. which is pretty stupid tbh.
if cross-play would be supported.. i'd understand. But this makes no sense whatsoever

3) there will still be many casual elements in this new Super Smash Bros., it's just like DestinyMan said:
"Also, Sakurai has said that these new games will combine both of Melee's and Brawl's fighting styles, so it won't be completely "casual" in that sense."

with this announcement + recent news + some of the early footage we've so far (+gameplay speed)... it certainly looks to be marketed towards the casual players... which i'd absolutely HATE

as much as i love Nintendo... i have to admit that Nintendo is still behind (by a lot) when it comes to online-play and other things we'd consider standard in 2013

it's a next-gen fighting game.. and it'll be lots of fun, of course, but what about:

• the server-stability?
  • friend-system / friend-requests
  • ingame-chat // party-chat
  • party voice-chat (a program like teamspeak)

-rankings // leagues // win/loss-ratio // proper matchmaking-system // etc.
i love this franchise and i know i'll love this game as well, but why can't we expect rankings, leagues, proper matchmaking, etc.?

i'll be playing this game a lot and it'll get absolutely frustrating to continuously crush bad players. there is nothing worse than getting matched up against weak/bad players even though you're way better.
if im good i expect to play vs good players.. and ONLY vs good players, everything else is a waste of time and no fun at all
(they should take a look at the starcraft 2 matchmaking-system, rankings/leagues, etc.)

there is NO way for a grandmaster player to play vs some bronze-noob, which is awesome. something like this needs to happen for smash bros. as well

• eSports // tournaments
    why can't Nintendo just accept the fact that people LOVE their games, but at the same time LOVE competitive-play. why does it always have to be "oh.. you should totally play for fun and after 60mins you should stop playing and go outside"

all these messages "you have been playing for quite some time now. you should take a break" -> annoying
just support the eSports scene.. be proud of the fact that people will embrace your game, maybe include some weekly online-tournaments system in the game, etc.

im totally fine with people playing this game casually, but for me.. playing competitively is so much more fun... just give us options and stop dumbing down this game for the casual market

don't worry... rant is almost over, just one last thing..

please STOP this whole "protect the children"-thing... it's so frustrating and annoying. NOBODY cares, just let us add each other via Miiverse (3DS), let us write and talk to each other, etc.
it's getting really annoying.

and no... im not a troll, i love Nintendo (it's my favorite company in fact) + all their amazing franchises
i buy all their games and will continue to do so, i just wish they'd finally take things a step further and get with the times

Edited on by Romeo

Romeo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic