Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 24,101 to 24,120 of 27,917

UGXwolf

@martinskrtel37: Define "terrible." If by that you mean he's had less than a year to learn the controls and get used to the characters and doesn't even have much time to practice, then yes. I agree. If by that, you mean he has no clue what he's doing and probably hadn't ever picked up the game before in his life (as it appeared was the case at the NWC match), then I have to say I really doubt it. But it was definitely like watching a child who'd just beaten Master Core for the first time go up against someone who's been playing competitively since Melee.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pootypie

Well Reggie was using Ryu the first few hours he came out so...

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

Hendesu

I wish return that announcer voice from SSB64 to SSB4. Imagine hearing voices like "KIRRRRRRBBBBBBBYYYYYY!!!!" while selecting your character.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

DefHalan

TheGreatLord wrote:

Well Reggie was using Ryu the first few hours he came out so...

It was probably a bigger marketing push than him actually trying to play lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Justlink

A08G4V7P0CKDKYUM

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Justlink

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

justlink wrote:

A08G4V7P0CKDKYUM

I'd be more excited if I knew what that did, and I wasn't 11 minutes late

Inkling smash bros. costumes

NintendoFan64

justlink wrote:

ZeroZX-Dev wrote:

justlink wrote:

A08G4V7P0CKDKYUM

I'd be more excited if I knew what that did, and I wasn't 11 minutes late

Inkling smash bros. costumes

Why didn't you say what they were before?

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

TylerTheCreator

So, what is everyone's favorite character to play with among the DLC characters?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Justlink

@NintendoFan64:
Idk, did it truly matter?

MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

DefHalan

@TylerTheCreator: Krystal

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

TylerTheCreator

@TwilightAngel: Oh gosh, I wish. I mean, Namco Bandai does make the DBZ games, but I don't think that's enough for him to be a character in the game, since he's really not a video game character, he's just a character that's been in games. But I wish he was in there soooooooo bad.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

UGXwolf

@TylerTheCreator: Roy by a long shot. He's like Ike and Marth had a kid and the kid could actually fight. :V (I tend to lead with Ike, but man is he susceptible to a good ol' fashioned butt whooping!)

Also, there was a guy a while back that actually came up with a Goku set list that represented the character well enough without making him ridiculously OP.

Hendesu

Goku could be in Smash Bros, but can't due to fanboys complaining over newcomers who weren't made by Nintendo.

Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

UGXwolf

@NightmareEater: Correction: Goku COULD be in Smash Bros. but won't be most likely because Sakurai doesn't want him in and obtaining rights would actually be kind of a nightmare.

Hendesu

@UGXwolf: How Sakurai obtaining rights of Goku a nightmare?

[Started 10/31/15]

UGXwolf

@NightmareEater: Sakurai has stated in the past that even Pikachu is a difficult character to get in the game due to the amount of red tape required to obtain rights. Sakurai would have to go to Tekken Tag, who would have to go to Namco, who would half to go to Funimation and Akira Toriyama and Toei Animation to obtain rights. The amount of paper work involved would be staggering, and there would be a rather amusing number of people reading over every developer's shoulder to make sure the character is properly represented.

Besides that, it's not Nintendo fanboys complaining about him not being a Nintendo character. Sakurai has once again provided plenty of reason in the fact that Smash is for all intents and purposes, a celebration of Nintendo's past and present. Pac-man represents Namco, a common supporter of Nintendo since the NES, not to mention the large number of Pac-man games Nintendo consoles have seen. Mega Man started out on the NES and played a significant part in Nintendo's early popularity. Sonic was Nintendo's rival mascot for years before he became a common sight on Nintendo consoles when SEGA dropped the Dreamcast. Goku has no history with Nintendo, means nothing to Nintendo, and has no legitimate reason to even show up. On top of that, there's no way you can accurately represent Goku at any point after Dragon Ball without him being immensely over-powered. His moveset wouldn't provide an interesting challenge for developers, nor an interesting possibility for players, and let's be honest, Bandai Namco, Sora LTD, and Nintendo want nothing to do with the raging fan wars Goku's inclusion would spark. It's not a question of should or could or would. The answers are pretty clear. He shouldn't be added. He could be, but he won't because that'd be an utter pain in the rear.

Azooooz

Conquest this week is: Spin Class. Participating Characters: Tatsumaki (Ryu) vs. Mach Tornado (Meta Knight) vs. Luigi's Cyclone (Luigi).

May the best spinner win.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic