Wii U Forum

Topic: So I looked at a picture of the PS4

Showing 41 to 60 of 97

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

41. Posted:

Also 4k isn;t a section of the television market that will be commercially viable for another 6-10 years at most.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
WebHead

WebHead

42. Posted:

I like the PS4's look. It's got some PS2 Slim in it.

WebHead

Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

43. Posted:

@Reala
I'm not ranting on Sony and defending Nintendo at all. I'm saying that Sony takes part in a market they are more relevant in. TVs. They are wasting their time on video games, because that is not what they excel at.
All Nintendo does IS video games, so they know what's best, and they have shown it.
I would advise you to calm down and refrain from insults — TBD

EDIT: Ultimately, Sony WILL have to choose 4K, or gaming. Which one do you think they'll choose?

@Sony_70
Nintendo isn't done with the Wii U online interface. I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS to Wii U, and better online options become available soon. I just think some people are taking PSP to PS3 connectivity on launch as an expectation.
If/when Nintendo has portable to handheld connectivity, it WILL be better than what Sony has done with their gaming consoles.

Edited on by theblackdragon

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Reala

Reala

44. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala
I'm not ranting on Sony and defending Nintendo at all. I'm saying that Sony takes part in a market they are more relevant in. TVs. They are wasting their time on video games, because that is not what they excel at.
All Nintendo does IS video games, so they know what's best, and they have shown it.

EDIT: Ultimately, Sony WILL have to choose 4K, or gaming. Which one do you think they'll choose?

@Sony_70
Nintendo isn't done with the Wii U online interface. I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS to Wii U, and better online options become available soon. I just think some people are taking PSP to PS3 connectivity on launch as an expectation.
If/when Nintendo has portable to handheld connectivity, it WILL be better than what Sony has done with their gaming consoles.

They'll have to choose gaming or 4k, please enlighten me as to why they can't do both I'm very curious as to why you see it that way

Edited on by theblackdragon

Reala

AuthorMessage
turtlelink

turtlelink

45. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony has brought nothing new to video games. It's a fact.

Uh, are you sure about that?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

46. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Sony has brought nothing new to video games. It's a fact.

Uh, are you sure about that?

Actually, I retracted that statement. My point is that they don't know how to use features they have as well as Nintendo would be able to. There are more companies than just Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft that contribute to video games.
Other technologies exist outside of video games that aren't applied until they are shown to be practical.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

47. Posted:

Why can't they pursue both like they have for may years being in multiple markets.

The problem is we don't judge a product on what it will become rather than how it currently is. Its pretty evident that the WIi U OS was built as repsone to XMB/360 OS and not what the next gen systems planned to do. I don't think the Wii U OS will ever be capable of this.

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube


Untitled

You also assume that whatever Nintendo shows as far as Wii U/3DS connection will be better than the playstation remote play. That's alot of confidence for a company who's only real cross play last gen was Pokemon. Compare that to the PSP that did it with quite a few games and wile it didn't always work it was a nice prototype for Vita. Also how would any theoretical Nintendo cross play be better when it would be on a by game basis, when PlayStation 4 does it nativley and it works for every game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

48. Posted:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala
I'm not ranting on Sony and defending Nintendo at all. I'm saying that Sony takes part in a market they are more relevant in. TVs. They are wasting their time on video games, because that is not what they excel at.
All Nintendo does IS video games, so they know what's best, and they have shown it.

EDIT: Ultimately, Sony WILL have to choose 4K, or gaming. Which one do you think they'll choose?

@Sony_70
Nintendo isn't done with the Wii U online interface. I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS to Wii U, and better online options become available soon. I just think some people are taking PSP to PS3 connectivity on launch as an expectation.
If/when Nintendo has portable to handheld connectivity, it WILL be better than what Sony has done with their gaming consoles.

They'll have to choose gaming or 4k, please enlighten me as to why they can't do both I'm very curious as to why you see it that way

Sony as a whole isn't doing very well. If they have to reorganize their company to focus on something they will be more relevant in, it will be either Walkman or TVs. This is only hypothetical, in regards to what market Sony actually has power in, but it's very possible.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

49. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Reala
I'm not ranting on Sony and defending Nintendo at all. I'm saying that Sony takes part in a market they are more relevant in. TVs. They are wasting their time on video games, because that is not what they excel at.
All Nintendo does IS video games, so they know what's best, and they have shown it.

EDIT: Ultimately, Sony WILL have to choose 4K, or gaming. Which one do you think they'll choose?

@Sony_70
Nintendo isn't done with the Wii U online interface. I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS to Wii U, and better online options become available soon. I just think some people are taking PSP to PS3 connectivity on launch as an expectation.
If/when Nintendo has portable to handheld connectivity, it WILL be better than what Sony has done with their gaming consoles.

They'll have to choose gaming or 4k, please enlighten me as to why they can't do both I'm very curious as to why you see it that way

Sony as a whole isn't doing very well. If they have to reorganize their company to focus on something they will be more relevant in, it will be either Walkman or TVs. This is only hypothetical, in regards to what market Sony actually has power in, but it's very possible.

That;s already been happening under Kaz Harai and recent finical reports have shown its working.

http://www.slashgear.com/hirai-details-one-sony-restructure-p...

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

50. Posted:

@Sony_70
3DS and Wii U are better than PSP and PS3. This is a new generation.
Sony pushed bluray for years, and Nintendo got the benefits without pushing bluray.
Let's not forget that UMD, and PS Vita memory cards are the worst ideas Sony has had.
The difference is that Nintendo is observing things they can apply to their systems. They can learn from all the mistakes Sony makes, and also learn from all the good things they do. They only choose to adapt the successful concepts to their systems, without making the mistakes themselves.

EDIT: BTW, Nintendo is restructuring, too. They are combining the portable and console departments. Sony is combining the game, imaging, and whatever else there was. That doesn't mean their restructuring will only benefit video games. In that same article, it stated that they are trying to find the next big thing in consumer electronics. That doesn't necessary mean video games.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

51. Posted:

@SCAR392
and Vita/PS4 are arguably better than 3DS and Wii U.
Sony and the blu-ray consortium pushed bu-ray. A bigger storage capacity would have come anyway through HD-DVD.
UMDS were a bad idea but at the time they made sense for what Sony attempted to do as card storage wasn't ready yet. PS Vita memory does indeed suck and they should have went with SD cards.

I honestly don't think Nintendo is observing at all. I mean they clearly saw the problems that smaller developers had with HD development and apparently rested on their laurels and having delays and problems. Their System OS and Online system in many respects are worse than the PS3/360;

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

52. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

@SCAR392
and Vita/PS4 are arguably better than 3DS and Wii U.
Sony and the blu-ray consortium pushed bu-ray. A bigger storage capacity would have come anyway through HD-DVD.
UMDS were a bad idea but at the time they made sense for what Sony attempted to do as card storage wasn't ready yet. PS Vita memory does indeed suck and they should have went with SD cards.

I honestly don't think Nintendo is observing at all. I mean they clearly saw the problems that smaller developers had with HD development and apparently rested on their laurels and having delays and problems. Their System OS and Online system in many respects are worse than the PS3/360;

Ya, but blu-ray beat HD-DVD. Bluray showed Nintendo that a better memory format would be a wise choice for their next console(which is now Wii U).
Nintendo is observing. They said that if cloud storage becomes popular and practical, they'll apply it ASAP.
Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming. The graphics are better on 3DS than DS obviously.
As for Wii U, the GamePad can make the console do alot more than just updating the graphics, and online is free, while still having the possibility of becoming better than what it is now.

If Nintendo wasn't paying attention last gen, we wouldn't have HD, the GamePad, or high capacity discs.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

53. Posted:

-But if HD-DVD would have won than we'd be saying that nintendo was smart for choosing it. They really had no other choice as Blu-way was the only viable platfor other than digital.

-Cloud storage has been taking off since 2011 and even earlier than that. Nintendo should be doing these types of things now instead of waiting to see it catches on
Looking at the process for transferring save files in Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate is embarrassing when I see PS3/Vita using cloud saves which are quicker and easier.

-Wasn't there a survey saying most people play the 3DS without 3D which is why nintendo has downplayed it.

-Yet Nintendo downplayed the gamepad like crazy this week barley talking about integration, all admist everyone else showing tablet based functions.

-The WIi U has the possibility to become better but that doesn't excuse stuff that should have been their at launch.
-Where is the eshop online store that was promised two years ago with 3DS?
-Why in 2013 are accounts and purchases tied to hardware.
-Why does DLC work the way it does in the eshop. (i'm talking stuff like Zen Pinball 2)

Also again Online being free isn't that much of an advantage for nintendo. paying for PS+ is worth it compared to nintendo's online system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Reala

Reala

54. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming.

stylus controls and 3D aren't what I want from portable gaming to be honest so no that isn't a fact, stating it as a fact you just risk looking like a know it all, know it alls close the door to learning and knowing.

Edited on by Reala

Reala

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

55. Posted:

Nintendo won't adapt cloud until it is fully developed. It is still a pretty young concept. Nintendo downplays these features, because people don't understand it's important until other people start doing it.
People said, "3D, motion controls, and touch controls are gimmicks", yet we see everyone following the same path after Nintendo explains.
No one ever said high capacity discs, HD, or cloud storage is a gimmick. It just isn't as important in its current state.
The accounts are tied to hardware, because DS wasn't link enabled. If they're going to make a better account system, they're going to do it in one go, not little improvements here and there.
I also find it interesting that paying for online was criticised to no end, but since PS4 requires it now, it's ok.
Both Microsoft and Nintendo have arguably been years ahead of Sony, based on actions Sony always tends to make years after the same concepts have already been in effect for years on other consoles.
Everyone made sure motion and touch controls were options after Nintendo did it. Nintendo returned the favor by supporting HD, more storage options, and overall more capabilities.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

56. Posted:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming.

stylus controls and 3D aren't what I want from portable gaming to be honest so no that isn't a fact, stating it as a fact you just risk looking like a know it all, know it alls close the door to learning and knowing.

More people like 3/DS than PSP/Vita. We also have to understand that 3D is a better trade off than OLED. PS Vita will never do 3D, and that is an advantage to take into consideration.
Maybe I should restate... It's a fact that what Nintendo is doing for their portables is more viable than what PS Vita is doing. The PS Vita can't use SD cards or support 3D no matter how much 'stronger' it is.
For all we know, 3DS has as much power as the Vita, but the said power is more spread out to give purpose to the extra screen and capabilities that PS Vita doesn't have.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Blaze

Blaze

57. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming.

stylus controls and 3D aren't what I want from portable gaming to be honest so no that isn't a fact, stating it as a fact you just risk looking like a know it all, know it alls close the door to learning and knowing.

More people like 3/DS than PSP/Vita. We also have to understand that 3D is a better trade off than OLED. PS Vita will never do 3D, and that is an advantage to take into consideration.
Maybe I should restate... It's a fact that what Nintendo is doing for their portables is more viable than what PS Vita is doing. The PS Vita can't use SD cards or support 3D no matter how much 'stronger' it is.
For all we know, 3DS has as much power as the Vita, but the said power is more spread out to give purpose to the extra screen and capabilities that PS Vita doesn't have.

I love how you pull stuff out of thin air and state it as fact~

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage
SCAR392

SCAR392

58. Posted:

Blaze wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming.

stylus controls and 3D aren't what I want from portable gaming to be honest so no that isn't a fact, stating it as a fact you just risk looking like a know it all, know it alls close the door to learning and knowing.

More people like 3/DS than PSP/Vita. We also have to understand that 3D is a better trade off than OLED. PS Vita will never do 3D, and that is an advantage to take into consideration.
Maybe I should restate... It's a fact that what Nintendo is doing for their portables is more viable than what PS Vita is doing. The PS Vita can't use SD cards or support 3D no matter how much 'stronger' it is.
For all we know, 3DS has as much power as the Vita, but the said power is more spread out to give purpose to the extra screen and capabilities that PS Vita doesn't have.

I love how you pull stuff out of thin air and state it as fact~

Sale numbers are the poll votes.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Popcorn

Popcorn

59. Posted:

PlayStation is an amazing gaming brand. I love it, almost as much as Nintendo. Has more third party and first party support as well and I still don't really think Nintendo bars up the with Naughty Dog right now. On the other hand I kind of dislike Sony's handhelds but the remote play looks good.

Nintendo Network : Popcorn
3ds FC: 2621-2651-7547
Animal Crossing New Leaf Fruit: Pear

AuthorMessage
Blaze

Blaze

60. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Blaze wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Reala wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Alot of it has to do with opinion, but I know for a fact that 3D and stylus touch is what people want for portable gaming.

stylus controls and 3D aren't what I want from portable gaming to be honest so no that isn't a fact, stating it as a fact you just risk looking like a know it all, know it alls close the door to learning and knowing.

More people like 3/DS than PSP/Vita. We also have to understand that 3D is a better trade off than OLED. PS Vita will never do 3D, and that is an advantage to take into consideration.
Maybe I should restate... It's a fact that what Nintendo is doing for their portables is more viable than what PS Vita is doing. The PS Vita can't use SD cards or support 3D no matter how much 'stronger' it is.
For all we know, 3DS has as much power as the Vita, but the said power is more spread out to give purpose to the extra screen and capabilities that PS Vita doesn't have.

I love how you pull stuff out of thin air and state it as fact~

Sale numbers are the poll votes.

By employing that method COD and FIFA are the best games on this planet and everything else is completely irrelevant.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze