Forums

Topic: Nintendo Direct 5/17 (Wii U)

Posts 1 to 20 of 53

Snagrio

There already is a thread on the 3DS forum, but this is for the Wii U side of things.

So...I'm not expecting too much since E3 is a mere few weeks away, at least in terms of new game announcements. For me, as long as there is more footage/info for Pikmin 3, I'm happy.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DefHalan

I don't think we will see new games, just release dates. Clear out the release date news now so at E3 we can focus on the big titles coming to Wii U, hopefully Destiny will be one of those big titles.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DylanMcGrann

We know for fact that Game and Wario and Pikmin 3 will make appearances as they have solid summer dates now. I hope The Wonderful 101 shows up and gets a date for this summer as well. I wonder if we will see Wii Fit U and Wii U Party. Wii Fit U was supposed to be a launch window title, but they seem to be pretending it doesn't even exist anymore. (I'm not suggesting it's been canceled. It's rumored to be a holiday title now.) They said Wii U Party is coming this summer, so if this is a summer focused Nintendo Direct, shouldn't that title appear too?

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

Hysterical

I think it's only going to be minor stuff like release dates. Maybe a little surprise like an eshop game.

Hysterical

DylanMcGrann

@Hysterical
Yes, I agree. I suspect Nintendo simply aims to make clear what Wii U owners can expect this summer.

DylanMcGrann

Ryno

They may just have been listening to all the pundits out there and announce that the Wii U is officially finished, get out of the home console market all together and produce only portables while transitioning to a 3rd party developer to release games on all systems including phones.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

CM30

Hysterical wrote:

I think it's only going to be minor stuff like release dates. Maybe a little surprise like an eshop game.

I wouldn't be too confident in that. People thought every single Nintendo Direct in the last few months were going to announce only 'minor stuff'. Then they got game announcements like Yarn Yoshi, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past 2, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros, The Wind Waker HD, Pokemon X and Y and Mario Party 3DS.

I'll be very surprised if we don't get at least one major game announced.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

romulux

They'll probably date NSLU finally and talk about the next system optimizing update for sure. The big stuff (Mario, Retro's game) will probably be saved for the E3 direct, though.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Snagrio

CM30 wrote:

Hysterical wrote:

I wouldn't be too confident in that. People thought every single Nintendo Direct in the last few months were going to announce only 'minor stuff'. Then they got game announcements like Yarn Yoshi, The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past 2, Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros, The Wind Waker HD, Pokemon X and Y and Mario Party 3DS.

I'm actually kinda hoping they DON'T announce something new this time. With E3 so close at hand, they're going to want to save as many surprises as possible.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

CM30

WingedFish wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Hysterical wrote:

I'm actually kinda hoping they DON'T announce something new this time. With E3 so close at hand, they're going to want to save as many surprises as possible.

I wouldn't worry about that. They could be saving stuff like Zelda Wii U and Retro's new game for E3, so any surprises revealed tomorrow will be fairly minor in comparison (even more so in comparison to the new 3D Mario or Smash Bros titles being revealed at E3).

Nintendo's got enough development studios that they'll never run out of things to reveal.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

DylanMcGrann

CM30 wrote:

Hysterical wrote:

That's highly unlikely. We are so close to E3 that Nintendo will just wait until then to announce anything that is major. They will need every major announcement they have to compete with Sony's and Microsoft's unveiling of new consoles. Nintendo has been very clear that this direct focuses strictly on summer titles. There is very little chance that there is a major unannounced game in the works slated for release within that time.

DylanMcGrann

WebHead

Not expecting much. Pretty much releases dates for TW101, NSLU, Mario Golf: World Tour, and more info on games that we know about.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

LzWinky

Well happy news! All Nintendo regions (NA, EU and JPN) are doing one

Maybe we will hear some big news after all

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Joeynator3000

They BETTER say something on 101...>_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

They BETTER say something on 101...>_>

Agreed

I really hope they announce Release Dates for all the titles they have shown but still haven't come out, except Bayonetta 2 I think that is still really far off, that way E3 they can show a bunch of new, never before seen games.

Joeynator3000

Yeah I'm not expecting anything new out of the Direct. xD
But apparently one the devs for that game said 101 will show up in tomorrow's Direct, so...yeah...there better be a release date. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

The last thing they should do is show a image that is 24x zoomed in on 1 spot then everyday through Facebook zoom out a little until E3 (because it is 24 days until E3) when they show they whole picture. Just an idea I had.

ToadFan

I hope its some information on The Wonderful 101. Maybe a release date? I also expect more news on Wii Party U, Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, and Wii Fit U

ToadFan

Dr_42o

Tomorrow, Iwata is going to be on his knees begging people to buy Wii U!

Umm.. What are you supposed to write here.. O.o

Nintendo Network ID: drew42o

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.