Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors (& Legends) - OT

Posts 2,921 to 2,940 of 2,985

Eel

I'm a bit disappointed by this pack.

I mean, I'm sure I'll love it, but the PH part of it is... So not there.

The map seems to be based on PH... With ST music, wut.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel The Adventure map is actually split into 2 halves, the left half is the Spirit Tracks world and the right half is the Phantom Hourglass world.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel The map's mechanics are inspired by PH, like each square you play represents sand emptying from the hourglass and once the sand runs out the map becomes much more difficult. Certain battle types refill the sand and things such as Linebeck Trading Company appear on the map.

Another thing I noticed is the Wii U's character select screen has changed to pretty much suggest there's 3 characters left (excluding Toon Zelda).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Please linebeck. Or maybe they just want to trigger everyone's ocd by having both versions with a glaring empty spot in the character select screen.

Also it's worth mentioning that as expected, the level cap is now 200.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Omg TZelda's victory and chest opening animations. Phantoms have never been this kawaii.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Grumblevolcano

Spotpass content is 1 million rupees, 5 Delicious Life Tree Fruit, 5 Delicious Light Fruit, 5 Delicious Stamina Fruit and 5 Delicious Water Fruit

Grumblevolcano

Eel

I unlocked a costume.

It's for Tingle. It's based on Pinkle from his solo game

Here's some more costumes

Fi = Ciela, Neri and Leaf
Toon Link = Train uniform
Young Link = Alfonzo
King = Linebeck
Impa = Anjean
Ruto = Cylos, chief of the frogs
Twili Midna = Astrid
Ganondorf = Malladus?
Zelda = Phantom (from PH)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LzWinky

Well I got YLink's Lvl 4+ weapon and dang. This thing is ridiculously strong

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TuVictus

Juts ordered this game to arrive with my new 3ds next week. I can't remember, so forgive me for the silly question, but is there cross save between the wii u version and this? I would hate to have to redo all those adventure maps. Also, I'm assuming you can't transfer the handheld adventure maps to be played on the wii u version, right

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

@Operative No cross save. Redoing Legend mode and the first Adventure map gets annoying if you've played them on Wii U recently but replaying the Wii U DLC maps is only really necessary for getting through the level 4+ weapon stages in the LA, PH/SS and ALBW maps which are skippable anyway. Outside of those, getting through the 3DS DLC maps is reasonable even with only level 2 weapons (you get the level 2 weapons on Legend mode and the 3DS exclusive Great Sea map).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

@Grumblevolcano thank you for the information! It's a bit of a bummer but I'm sure it'll be just as fun. Also, a random thought, but is that infinite rupee glitch from like two years ago still around?

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

LzWinky

No, it's gone.

Anyway, the Adventure map is different from the Wii U version. It's much easier and the weapons for ALL characters are spread out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

kkslider5552000

Never before has there been a game I so badly want to play more of (and buy the DLC) but can't possibly justify doing so if I want to play anything else.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Eel

For those wondering, these are all the costumes in the Big Adventures map (3DS):

Link = Spirit Train (Spirit Tracks)
Impa = Anjean (Spirit Tracks)
Zelda = Phantom (Phantom Hourglass)
Ganondorf = Malladus Cole (Spirit Tracks)
Darunia = Goron Elder (Spirit Tracks)
Ruto = Cylos (Phantom Hourglass)
Fi = Ciela, Leaf, & Neri (Phantom Hourglass)
Volga = Byrne (Spirit Tracks)
Wizzro = Phytops (Spirit Tracks)
Twili Midna = Astrid (Phantom Hourglass)
Young Link = Alfonzo (Spirit Tracks)
Tingle = Pinkle (Rosy Rupeeland)
Linkle = Yefu/Yeko (Spirit Tracks)
Skull Kid = Poe (Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask)
Toon Link = Conductor Outfit (Spirit Tracks)
Tetra = Jolene (Phantom Hourglass)
King Daphnes = Linebeck (Phantom Hourglass

Copied the list from game FAQs... Because I'm too lazy to write it all myself.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

TuVictus

So my copy got here much earlier than anticipated, my new 3ds won't be here till Thursday. I tried it out and so far the game is playable. Well, it's much less awful than online reactions made it seem. Just made me even more excited to play it on the more powerful hardware

TuVictus

Eel

Hope you have fun!

About the adventure maps, they're all rebalanced and a tiny bit different from the wiiu (they include missions for all the characters), so it doesn't completely feel like redoing everything.

Bloop.

TuVictus

I bought the DLC for both the 3ds and wii u, just in case. Initially I figured I might as well just play everything on the wii u version strictly for the graphics, but the portable version has its own advantages. I suppose I'll use the wii u version for multiplayer

TuVictus

Eel

I never bought the first batch of dlc on the wiiu, and with Legends, I doubt I'll ever buy it.

I did get all the other dlc, including these new characters, though.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

LzWinky

Toon Zelda is a tank. I love her

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.