Forums

Topic: Gamestop selling Wii Sports Club codes - Tennis $4.99, Bowling $8.99?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

Discostew

I heard this from another forum, but can anyone confirm this? It may just be a Black Friday thing, and I heard it was in-store only. I have yet to get Tennis, and this would be a perfect price to pick one up.

Discostew

3DS Friend Code: 4425-1477-0127 | Nintendo Network ID: Discostew

Discostew

Decided to go over there myself (as I was thinking of picking up Rayman Legends for $25), and yes, they did offer them, but they did not have any displays for them. The only way someone would know whether a Gamestop store offered them is if they asked one of the people there. The price is indeed correct. $4.99 for Tennis, and $8.99 for Bowling. I have no idea how long this will go for.

Discostew

kokirii

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check this out tomorrow!

Es ist gefährlich, allein zu gehen. Nimm dies!

Discostew

Someone on another forum confirmed the price is still set at $4.99/$8.99 at Gamestop today.

Discostew

MasterHiggins

On a Gamestop note, I was in line when I observed a Gamestop employee inform this older gentleman that a Wii U and a Wii/Wii Mini are same thing and are 100 percent compatible. The clerk persuaded him to buy a refurbished Wii for around $50, then the guy bought Super Mario World 3D, Windwaker HD, Wonderful 101, Pikman 3, and a Nintendoland. They could of had a WII-U sale right there but that guy thought he was getting the better deal since they are all supposedly compatible!

It's amazing to me that these clerks/customers have trouble with the name Wii-U but not Xbox, Xbox 360, Xboxone, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and all the DS and gameboy variants.
I propose Nintendos next console have zero backwards compatibility, and be shaped like a Roomba vacuum cleaner and be neon colors, also they should reclaim the Revolution name!

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

Discostew

Seandaddy wrote:

On a Gamestop note, I was in line when I observed a Gamestop employee inform this older gentleman that a Wii U and a Wii/Wii Mini are same thing and are 100 percent compatible. The clerk persuaded him to buy a refurbished Wii for around $50, then the guy bought Super Mario World 3D, Windwaker HD, Wonderful 101, Pikman 3, and a Nintendoland. They could of had a WII-U sale right there but that guy thought he was getting the better deal since they are all supposedly compatible!

It's amazing to me that these clerks/customers have trouble with the name Wii-U but not Xbox, Xbox 360, Xboxone, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and all the DS and gameboy variants.
I propose Nintendos next console have zero backwards compatibility, and be shaped like a Roomba vacuum cleaner and be neon colors, also they should reclaim the Revolution name!

You should have gone up there and told the employee that he was wrong. They should not get away with such lies, especially to the elderly. I'm afraid that this person who made the purchase was not getting it for himself, but for children/grandchildren as a Christmas present. By the time they find out it isn't compatible in a couple of weeks, it'll be too late to return it.

Discostew

Jazzer94

Seandaddy wrote:

Why did you not step in and correct the employee as this will lead to a lot of disappointment for who ever he was buying it for.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

MasterHiggins

I had earlier recommended to that same customer to get the wii u set that included the Mario u and the luigi U and the mario colored remote and get 3D world on the side. I was there to buy tons of used wii games since they had a major sell on used ones.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

HeroOfCybertron

Thanks for posting this I would of never of known otherwise.

I just got back from GameStop, I was the only one including the people working there that knew about the Wii Sports Club games being on sale, at first I didn't think I'd be able to get them but sure enough both games popped up on the computer and I was able to buy them.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.