Wii U Forum

Topic: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,335

AuthorMessage

Henmii

1,181. Posted:

"Is this game easier / more forgiving than the last one"

Definitely! For example, the rocketbarrel and minecarts now have 2 instead of 1 hearts! It feels like there are much more checkpoints, and the rocketbarrel/minecart levels seem shorter!

It can be tricky sometimes, but overall it's a lot easier then Returns sadly!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

nathanjones007

1,182. Posted:

parkerjames wrote:

VGchartz has the week of Feb 22 up. DK is #2 worldwide with 198,000 sales. And that's only 2 days of sales in NA. Seems like pretty decent numbers considering.

Those figures are not too shabby. But some claim its a complete failure!
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=179210

I just got the game in the mail today! I am loving it!

nathanjones007

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,183. Posted:

I listen more to the soundtrack than playing the game tbh lol it's just too amazing. If I listen to David Wise while not playing, it doesn't feel like listening to a video game soundtrack (not that there's something wrong with that but it's still different). It might as well be a cd by an outstanding composer.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

1,184. Posted:

This game is one of my favorite platformers now. It's just such a nice total package.

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,185. Posted:

Anyone else got the feeling he/she was sitting in a rollercoaster when playing High Tide Ride in W4? The whole level I was just so excited lol.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,186. Posted:

I do wish the game had an extra, maybe two more minecart levels. They're so fun, but so sparse in this game.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,187. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

I do wish the game had an extra, maybe two more minecart levels. They're so fun, but so sparse in this game.

I'm a bit bummed out that the last two worlds don't have any minecart segments despite having the most levels in the game (unless you count the snowball sequence in 6-4).

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,188. Posted:

The rocket barrel levels on this game is like flappy birds on steroids, think about it, you go up by tapping, and don't tap to fall.

10000mario

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,189. Posted:

10000mario wrote:

The rocket barrel levels on this game is like flappy birds on steroids, think about it, you go up by tapping, and don't tap to fall.

This is nearly an ancient mechanic that's been used many times Flappy Bird is hardly the first or even most popular use of this, and it adds instant rise and tight clearance to unfairly bump the difficulty. A better way to say this is that the ro ket barrel levels are like what Flappy Bird might've been if it were actually well-designed and not an intention pile of rage.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

MasterWario

1,190. Posted:

JonnyKong wrote:

How far'd you get? I can tell you there's one's more (mini) minecart level.

Shulk! HOORAY! Now if they just add King K. Rool, the game will be complete.
My Pushmo Levels
My Crashmo Levels
My Colors! 3D Gallery
Bogmire sprite by A.J. Nitro

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

1,191. Posted:

Well I found the two secret exits in World 1 and rounded up the last of the puzzle pieces from the first four levels.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

1,192. Posted:

MasterWario wrote:

JonnyKong wrote:

How far'd you get? I can tell you there's one's more (mini) minecart level.

I've only got the two secret levels in world 6 left to uncover so I'm hoping one of those will feature the minecart.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

1,193. Posted:

Isn't there an extra world? Kinda like in Returns 3D.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,194. Posted:

Mizore wrote:

Isn't there an extra world? Kinda like in Returns 3D.

Get all the Kong letters to unlock world 7

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

10000mario

1,195. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

10000mario wrote:

This is nearly an ancient mechanic that's been used many times Flappy Bird is hardly the first or even most popular use of this, and it adds instant rise and tight clearance to unfairly bump the difficulty. A better way to say this is that the ro ket barrel levels are like what Flappy Bird might've been if it were actually well-designed and not an intention pile of rage.

I hope everyone understood I was not saying Nintendo copied flappy bird whatsoever. I was merely joking, I never even really liked flappy birds.

10000mario

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,196. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Just beat 5-K. Man, that was tough :P

Second hardest next to 2-K, IMO. Looking forward to 6-K :D

I died once on 5-K.

Only a few times on 6-K too.

World 7 is kicking my butt though.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

JLaw1719

1,197. Posted:

I find this game absolutely incredible. I knew it was going to be and I got it on the release date, but I was not expecting to be blown away like this. I don't know if it's because I never played the one on Wii, but this feels like a masterpiece. I'm honestly having trouble picking a favorite between Mario 3D World and this for best game of the system.

The level design, the fantastic music, bosses, difficulty level all have me completely hooked.

JLaw1719

Nintendo Network ID: JLaw1719

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,198. Posted:

Just beat the final boss. Time to go back and complete worlds 4-6. This is gonna be fuuuun~

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,199. Posted:

That music....

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,200. Posted:

This music... Seashore War.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan