Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: What's next for VC Arcade?

Showing 21 to 40 of 64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

21. Posted:

Toddr wrote:

Not old enough to have played any of these in arcades, but I own a galaxian arcade cabinet which has been broken for quite some time, and would love if it came to VCA.

You can get arcade perfect emulation of Galaxian and 8 other Namco games on Namco Museum Remix plus five "remixed" games. Definitely worth it; especially as it includes Gaplus, Mappy and Dig Dug which were part of the VCA launch (really confused as to why they released those and not Pac-Man and Galaga which aren't in that compilation).

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ebm62980

22. Posted:

Galaga
Donkey Kong
Dig Dug
Frogger
Pacman
Centipede
Space Invaders

I realize some of these are already on the VC...but not the true arcade versions.

ebm62980

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Toddr

23. Posted:

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Toddr wrote:

Not old enough to have played any of these in arcades, but I own a galaxian arcade cabinet which has been broken for quite some time, and would love if it came to VCA.

You can get arcade perfect emulation of Galaxian and 8 other Namco games on Namco Museum Remix plus five "remixed" games. Definitely worth it; especially as it includes Gaplus, Mappy and Dig Dug which were part of the VCA launch (really confused as to why they released those and not Pac-Man and Galaga which aren't in that compilation).

That sounds pretty sweet, but I can't find anywhere near me that has it. :(

Wii friend code: 4851 0320 2775 0243 MarioKart Wii: 3008 3258 4955 Super Smash Bros Brawl: 3180 1076 7318

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

24. Posted:

Just came across 2 Capcom arcade titles I haven't played before, Knights of the Round and King of the Dragons, both look sort of like Capcoms answer to Golden Axe, not sure if they would be as good as that game, but I would definitely like to find out for myself.

Edited on by Reala

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SepticLemon

25. Posted:

I'd love, and I mean LOVE to play the original Sheriff game that Nintendo made a long time a go. It was only launched over here under Wario Sheriff on WarioWare on the GBA where Sheriff was replaced by black and white Wario. But to have a chance of playing the original Sheriff game would be awesome-sause!

SepticLemon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KnucklesSonic8

26. Posted:

That+Guy+from+Faxanadu wrote:

I doubt we´ll see any 3D games... or games from the 21:th century at all. But Nintendos own arcade games would be cool. Bring us the real Donkey Kong.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The possibilities are still quite broad at this point.

KnucklesSonic8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SepticLemon

27. Posted:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

That+Guy+from+Faxanadu wrote:

I doubt we´ll see any 3D games... or games from the 21:th century at all. But Nintendos own arcade games would be cool. Bring us the real Donkey Kong.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The possibilities are still quite broad at this point.

Indeed, Sovalou, a 3D cockpit view version of Xevious is already on the Japanese VCA, mind you though it's a fairly old-ish 3D game (early 90s).

SepticLemon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Atlantis1982

28. Posted:

SepticLemon wrote:

KnucklesSonic8 wrote:

That+Guy+from+Faxanadu wrote:

I doubt we´ll see any 3D games... or games from the 21:th century at all. But Nintendos own arcade games would be cool. Bring us the real Donkey Kong.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. The possibilities are still quite broad at this point.

Indeed, Sovalou, a 3D cockpit view version of Xevious is already on the Japanese VCA, mind you though it's a fairly old-ish 3D game (early 90s).

Don't forget Cyber Sled; which will hit the Japan VC later on.

Edited on by Atlantis1982

Atlantis1982

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

29. Posted:

I think there was a Dungeons & Dragons side scrolling beat em up, I think it appeared on the Saturn and I presume it was an arcade port, would like to give it a try anyway.

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Will

30. Posted:

I'm kinda losin patience with the VC. During the week, I put a bid on E-bay for a mega-drive, and a load of games I cant see coming to VC anytime soon. Thats...
Mortal Kombat 2
Flashback
Probotector
Micro machines
Jungle strike
Revenge of Shinobi (I know its not far off, but I want it NOW!! and for 0.99c lol!)
and Mega Bomberman.

So that should keep me going for a while :)

Will

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

31. Posted:

I would love to see Centipede and Millipede, but its just not the same with out a trackball :( IF Midway could give us Toobin that would be terrific

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Atlantis1982

32. Posted:

Tony wrote:

I would love to see Centipede and Millipede, but its just not the same with out a trackball :( IF Midway could give us Toobin that would be terrific

I would like the dying Midway just to add any games to the VC service, and not just for the VCA (wishes for San Fransico Rush 2049).

Atlantis1982

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chatham

33. Posted:

Let's hope Konami can convince FOX and Matt Groening to re-license The Simpsons to them for an arcade re-release of the 4-Player brawler.

Email: mallrat425@hotmail.com
PSN Name: EricChatham
Wii FC: 1599-5101-5844-5527
Too many codes to list... E-mail me, add me, and then we'll go from there...
The #2 hookadikka
I have WiiSpeak, The Conduit, COD, All GH/RB, and pretty much everything else online...

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

34. Posted:

@toddr: http://cgi.ebay.ca/Namco-Museum-Remix-*14-Games-in-All*-pac-m...

I was thinking about trackball games and you know I'm pretty sure that Millipede also shipped in a cabinet with a joystick instead of a trackball; these games could possibly work okay with a d-pad or nunchuck control stick (or Classic Controller) -- I can recall not enjoying the trackball controls on these. Marble madness really should use Kororinpa style controls (balance board support would be cool as well), and Missile Command would work great with the pointer (though some might argue it would become too easy ;-).

Rotary controller games like Arkanoid and Tempest would work great with the pointer -- look at Block Breaker Deluxe and Geometry Wars for how precise an analogue input it can be.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

leon_x

35. Posted:

I would like to see:

-X men children of atom
-Marvel vs Capcom series
-Street fighter II Turbo
-Street Fighter Alpha series
-DARKSTALKERS series
-Final Fight
-SATURDAY NIGHT SLAM MASTERS
-ALIEN VS PREDATOR (arcade)
-Golden Axe series
-Soul calibur
-Mortal Kombat series

Hey Punk!! Are you TUFF E NUFF??

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bass_X0

36. Posted:

I kinda hope Nintendo's very first arcade games make it to the VC Arcade some day - the ones made even before Donkey Kong. Of course, they should only cost about 100 points since they were very basic.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

37. Posted:

Fill us in Bass, which games are you referring to? I know they did consoles with hardwired games before the NES, but I didn't know there were Nintendo games before Donkey Kong...

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cryo

38. Posted:

Damn I wish there was an arcade in my town when I was a kid, the closes one was at the airport...
But at the movie theater there was that Simpsons one, that one was fun, even if I was like 6-7. Id love to see that.

Cryo

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Drake

39. Posted:

Here's a list, Sean: http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/ac.shtml

Edited on by Drake

Download reviewer, Nintendo Life

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0382-5726 | Nintendo Network ID: Capndrake | Twitter: Capndrake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

40. Posted:

@Sean Aaron: The only one I can think of right now is the very simple yet surprisingly addictive game Sheriff. There's also Popeye, but I think that one's more recent than what he's talking about.

TwilightV