Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,108

AuthorMessage

Ryno

681. Posted:

StarFox wrote:

I've never played a Contra game before.

:O How old are you? You must have missed out on the NES and SNES...

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

682. Posted:

I'm 25 but never had Nintendo Power or watched commercials that weren't on Nickelodeon.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Ryno

683. Posted:

@Starfox I see... Well, download Contra III and dont take your finger off the fire button and bring your quick reflexes. You will need it.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Wesker

684. Posted:

Can anyone tell me if there is a big difference between the Lost Levels on the VC and the one on Super Mario Allstars?

Last week I played Lost Levels on some else's SNES, really enjoyed it and want to get it for myself. Should I just download the original on the VC or try and find a copy of Super Mario Allstars 25th anniversary edition (not cheap).

Wesker

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

685. Posted:

@Starfox: If you never played a Contra you are in for a treat. Dont worry if you die alot you do in those games alot. Just remember if you are playing the first Contra UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Oh and to answer you question from a different post why isnt Super C called Super Contra. It was because when Super C came out it was during the time when Iran was holding Americans Hostage which came to be known as the Iran Contra Affair. Fearing that the word "Contra" would bring negative images to parents and such buy the game they just called it Super C.

@billy-beauts: There really isnt any difference except for the graphics really. Basically what it comes down to is if you want the other games include on the SMA disc or if you just want the Lost Levels and how cheap you can get the SMA. A local used game shop more than likey will have some used by now.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Ryno

686. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@Starfox: If you never played a Contra you are in for a treat. Dont worry if you die alot you do in those games alot. Just remember if you are playing the first Contra UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START.

Oh and to answer you question from a different post why isnt Super C called Super Contra. It was because when Super C came out it was during the time when Iran was holding Americans Hostage which came to be known as the Iran Contra Affair. Fearing that the word "Contra" would bring negative images to parents and such buy the game they just called it Super C.

@billy-beauts: There really isnt any difference except for the graphics really. Basically what it comes down to is if you want the other games include on the SMA disc or if you just want the Lost Levels and how cheap you can get the SMA. A local used game shop more than likey will have some used by now.

@Tasuki What the??? You give him the Konami code for Contra but only leave him with three lives on Super C! :p Super C 10 man code is Right, Left Down, UP, A, B, Start

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

687. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Tasuki What the??? You give him the Konami code for Contra but only leave him with three lives on Super C! :p Super C 10 man code is Right, Left Down, UP, A, B, Start

I never did play Super C, I knew there was a 10 man code but I didnt bother memorizing it.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

688. Posted:

I need some recommendations. I have 1200 points left and I don't know what game(s) I should get. The only genres I don't won't recommended from are RPG and adventure games. Here's a list of games I already have. Thanks in advance. :)

Edit: I also have Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection so don't recommend anything from that either.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

689. Posted:

You need more shooters. Soldier Blade, Super Star Soldier, Lords of Thunder, R-Type.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

690. Posted:

@Mickymac: Yeah you're right, I really do need more shooters.

Okay so I've got it narrowed down, should I get MUSHA or Life Force and New Adventure Island?

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

OverlordMao

691. Posted:

I suggest MUSHA. It's an amaing game, full of addicting gameplay and really kickass music. It's a PERFECT example of a great shmup on the Genesis and I highly recommend it.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

692. Posted:

Ended up getting MUSHA. Thanks for the help.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

693. Posted:

Should I get FF6? I'm curious about the series.

Edited on by The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

694. Posted:

@StarFox: If you have never played it than yes. It is the best one in the series ever. Although none of the games require you to play another from the series since they dont really link in anyway story wise.

My Backlog

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

695. Posted:

@StarFox I'd actually suggest trying out FF2 (FF4) first as it's a better representation of what the series has to offer. But whatever, it;s your money.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

696. Posted:

^ Nah

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

697. Posted:

Would anyone suggest that I download "Super Adventure Island 2", when it becomes available in North America. It seems like the only entry in the series that I would enjoy. Mainly because of the rpg elements.

Edited on by WiiAboutU

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

698. Posted:

Trying to decide between Mario Party 2 or Yoshi's Story. Suggestions?

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

699. Posted:

@superlink64: I'd go for Mario Party 2. Yoshi's Story is alright but it's a little too easy.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

WiiAboutU

700. Posted:

Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
Megaman 3
Are these two a good a choice?

Wii#: 8509193650686895 Overturn friend code: 4942-6801-5476 Water Warfare friend code: 3611-2517-8747 Valhalla Knights: Eldar Saga friend code: 5458-1453-0863