Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,082

manleycartoonist

I just got Battle Load Runner. Love it.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should get Military Madness. I like Advanced Wars on GBA, but I'm not to happy when I have to use every button. How pick up and play is this? Also, I'm considering Blades of Steel, if I liked it back in the day, should that mean it's still worth it?

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

SKTTR

Military Madness has great missions and good music but the controls could have been better. It's easy to pick up and play though, if you already have experience with Advance Wars.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

manleycartoonist

Thanks. I've been on the fence. I usually like really cute games.

Chrono_Cross

What should I get between:
Secret of Mana
Gradius 3- Im not sure as of yet.
Pokemon Snap

And whats the difference between Super Turrican SNES, Super Turrican 2 SNES, and Mega Turrican Genesis?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

kalle3004

Chrono Cross wrote:

Secret of Mana
Pokemon Snap

And whats the difference between Super Turrican SNES, Super Turrican 2 SNES, and Mega Turrican Genesis?

I've heard that pokémon snap is on the short side, but I am not sure as I don't have the game myself. I'm not that far, but Secret of Mana is a cool game. Also because you can play with several people at once.

kalle3004

SKTTR

Chrono+Cross wrote:

Secret of Mana
Pokemon Snap

Secret of Mana, then Pokémon Snap, then something else, but not Gradius 3.

The difference between the three Turrican games is that each is a different game in the series. Mega Turrican is also known as Turrican 3, so it's not a port or something but the third in the trilogy. Super Turrican and Super Turrican 2 are also very different from Turrican and Turrican II. Simply put, there are 5 different Turrican games.

Edited on by SKTTR

Chrono_Cross

@SKTTR
So are the Turrican games recommended or not? Because I`m leaning more towards Secret of Mana, lol.

Just for you.

Gamesake

I think Secret of Mana has Santa Claus in it. That would make it a good download for Christmas, unless you hate the Christmastide.

...in my pants.

SKTTR

Chrono Cross wrote:

@SKTTR
So are the Turrican games recommended or not? Because I`m leaning more towards Secret of Mana, lol.

Yeah, I recommend getting Turrican! The Turrican games are hardcore run&gun awesomeness - right next to Contra, Mega Man and Alien Soldier of course. Graphics, sounds, controls and challenge - it's all there in perfect balance.

I still recommend Secret of Mana over the Turrican series. It felt epic back then, and it's the one and only 3-player-co-op action-RPG on the SNES so if you have a second player definately get this. If you even have a third player wanting to play this with you then there's absolutely no way around this gem.

OverlordMao

I got Secret Of Mana, and found out how much of a great game it is!
Then I found out it's an open-world game and I suck at those. (I need a game to tell me where to go, darn it!)

Anyway, If I were to recommend a game that I really love to pieces, I'd suggest Dynamite Headdy. Although, you really need a classic controller to play it best.

Now here's where I need a recommendation:
Which Ogre Battle game is best? I recently purchased Soul Nomad & The World Eaters (hearing it was a lot like Ogre Battle) and I have some points to spend, so I'd like to know.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

Chrono_Cross

SKTTR wrote:

Chrono+Cross wrote:

@SKTTR

Yeah, I recommend getting Turrican! The Turrican games are hardcore run&gun awesomeness - right next to Contra, Mega Man and Alien Soldier of course. Graphics, sounds, controls and challenge - it's all there in perfect balance.

I still recommend Secret of Mana over the Turrican series. It felt epic back then, and it's the one and only 3-player-co-op action-RPG on the SNES so if you have a second player definately get this. If you even have a third player wanting to play this with you then there's absolutely no way around this gem.

Alright!
Looks like I`m getting Secret of Mana first and I`m going to wait for Super Turrican. I`m siked now, lol.

Thanks SKTTR!

Just for you.

kalle3004

I currently have 1400 points and I am not sure which of the games in this list to download:
Shining Force 2
Soldier Blade
Ys Book 1 & 2
Breath of Fire 2
Phantasy Star 1
Phantasy Star 4
Faxanadu
Maybe Majora's Mask (time limit seems very irritating, might need someone's opinion on this though)
Nebulus

kalle3004

CanisWolfred

kalle3004 wrote:

I currently have 1400 points and I am not sure which of the games in this list to download:
Shining Force 2
Soldier Blade
Ys Book 1 & 2
Breath of Fire 2
Phantasy Star 1
Phantasy Star 4
Faxanadu
Maybe Majora's Mask (time limit seems very irritating, might need someone's opinion on this though)
Nebulus

You posted this on VC-Forums as I recall. I'll say what I meant to say there but plum forgot:

The time limit in Majora's Mask isn't that annoying so long as you don't suck at the puzzles (like I do). With the Song of Time the game is beatable within The Time Limit, though that requires that you know what you're doing. Even if you don't, so long as you have the dungeon weapon, you having to do a dungeon over again shouldn't be a problem either. It only really gets annoying if you do the side quests, most of which are optional.

With that said, My recommendation would be Ys Books 1 & 2 and either Phantasy Star or Faxanadu. All of those games you listed are highly recommended, but those three are top priority in my opinion.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Lordy

I'm trying to decide whether I should download Rondo of Blood or Castlevania IV. They both look pretty similar, it's just a matter of level design, I suppose.

Also: would you guys say that Phantasy Star 1 has aged well? I have a pretty high attention span when it comes to old-school RPGS, but I've heard there's an insane amount of grinding.

Lordy

CanisWolfred

Lordy wrote:

I'm trying to decide whether I should download Rondo of Blood or Castlevania IV. They both look pretty similar, it's just a matter of level design, I suppose.

Also: would you guys say that Phantasy Star 1 has aged well? I have a pretty high attention span when it comes to old-school RPGS, but I've heard there's an insane amount of grinding.

There's less grinding than in Phantasy Star 2 if I recall correctly, but there's still a lot I suppose. I still say it holds up better than Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

manleycartoonist

Alright, I have points. And am currently playing Battle Load Runner. And liking it a lot! I want some suggestions for other games that fall into that similar category. I have Bomberman 93 and Mr. Driller, which I feel are in the same genre. Anyone know of some great games like these?

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I plan on getting Mario Party 2. Is it good in single player?

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

cheetahman91

VolpeStella wrote:

I plan on getting Mario Party 2. Is it good in single player?

It's pretty good if you're playing by yourself. I'd recommend it.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic