Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 1,082

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Heh heh, that's all right. I have Lost Levels, and it hasn't been all that bad.

The only time I ever got that frustrated was when I was playing Pokemon on the Game Boy Color and (possibly due to a random encounter) threw my GBC across the room. It somehow broke the A/C plug thing.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

CanisWolfred

StarFox wrote:

Heh heh, that's all right. I have Lost Levels, and it hasn't been all that bad.

The only time I ever got that frustrated was when I was playing Pokemon on the Game Boy Color and (possibly due to a random encounter) threw my GBC across the room. It somehow broke the A/C plug thing.

Good, you're gonna need that level of patience on some areas, particularly in Mega Man. 'Course, other than the occasional frustrations, they're all good games, and I hope you enjoy them. Happy Gaming!<3

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Adamant

Nah, don't worry, Mega Man's difficulty is severely overrated. Lost Levels is much harder (and that has somewhat of an overrated difficulty, too - people tend to place it up with the likes of Battletoads and NES Dragon's Lair, which it isn't anywhere close to)

Adamant

MegaStoneSmash91

Adamant wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

In fact, "worst" is a word I wouldn't desribe any of the Mega Man games with.

MMX6. Ow.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Well, ALMOST all the games then.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Issun

I've got 1000 points to spend on one (or two games) on either the VC or WiiWare. Would you recommend Breath of Fire 2 ?
In another case, I really like original games, like Bonsai Barber or Tomena Sanner. Any recommended "must-play" games ?
PS: I wonder what happens when you change the country in the shop channel, because, I'd also like Phoenix Wright, but the translation in French is not as good as the English one. Do we lose our points, or our shopping data ? I ask this because the message when we change the country and when we connect to the channel is unclear.

Edited on by Issun

Waffle !

Aviator

I can't recommend Breath of Fire cause I havent played it, but Tomena Sanner is a great addictive game, and much better than Bonsai Barber and its only 500 points. On the changing country you lose all your points, but shopping data remains... i think.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Issun

ok thanks. Guess I'll first have to spend all those points then.

Waffle !

Adamant

No, changing country is safe. It's changing regions (ie switching to or from Australia/New Zealand and a European country) that mustn't be done.

Breath of Fire 2 is terribly boring - if you want a good RPG, I suggest looking in the direction of Phantasy Star 4 or the Final Fantasy games.

Adamant

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

I've played Golden Axe and Altered Beast before, and I believe that you can only have so many beat 'em ups. I have a few already, and don't feel I need to get more. Comix Zone was unique, but again, it's another beat 'em up.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

CanisWolfred

Issun wrote:

I've got 1000 points to spend on one (or two games) on either the VC or WiiWare. Would you recommend Breath of Fire 2 ?

I would recommend Breath of Fire 2, yes. It wasn't particularly unique, to be honest, but it still has a lot of fun to be had if you like traditional turn-based RPGs. The story is pretty good, and is more of a light-hearted than its two closest competitors on the VC, FF4 and PS4. The combat is nothing to write home about, but it's nothing terrible or frustrating. However, unlike, say, FF4, it does has a bit of a challenge to it, and that along with the graphics will be able to hold your attention long enough while you work your way towards the next plot point. It does have some unique touches, namely the little outside battle actions that each character has, such as activating a fishing mini game or allowing you to cross a gap. In fact, I think it's the little things in BoF2 that make it so endearing, and if you can learn to appreciate them, it'll make it a very enjoyable and memorable game. Don't expect it to wow you, or become the next best thing since sliced bread, and I doubt it'll become your next favorite RPG. However, it is one of those games that has the potential to occupy a special place in your heart, provided you're able to let it in.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotEnoughGolds

Alternatively, you could play Ys Book I & II, and it probably will become your next favorite RPG.

NotEnoughGolds

CanisWolfred

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Alternatively, you could play Ys Book I & II, and it probably will become your next favorite RPG.

Or your least favorite game, depending on whether or not you can get into the awkward combat system.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Issun

Sorry guys, I've been forced to take Bit Trip Runner. But anyway, thanks a lot

Waffle !

CanisWolfred

Issun wrote:

Sorry guys, I've been forced to take Bit Trip Runner. But anyway, thanks a lot

Bit.Trip Runners still a good choice!<3 Just make sure to get Tomana Sanner, too.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

NotEnoughGolds

Mickeymac wrote:

NotEnoughGolds wrote:

Or your least favorite game, depending on whether or not you can get into the awkward combat system.

What's so awkward about plowing over enemies?

NotEnoughGolds

StarBoy91

@MickeyMouseMac - it's not awkward, it's funny. And I really like pushing enemies to defeat them. But, everyone has their own viewpoint; and I respect peoples' opinions.
The first half of Ys Book I & II can be beaten without the aid of a guide.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Rensch

After reading the review of Ufouria: The Saga. I feel a strong temptation to buy it. How is this game, anyone played it?

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic