Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Monster World IV and Monster Land (Arcade) - May 10th!

Showing 61 to 77 of 77

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

61. Posted:

You can't save in Dragon's trap. I have that one, and twice lost my place because I accidently turned the wii off instead of using the Home button like I always do. At least in Dragon's Curse, you don't have to worry about that. Dragon's Curse also has better graphics, and the music is fine. There's hardly any difference between the two soundtracks in Dragon's Trap.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

62. Posted:

Yeah, if you can't remember to go back to the Wii menu, or don't write down the password sometimes then it's your own fault. Dragon's Curse is more confident in that regard. But a password is more secure than data that can be erased/corrupted. Also you can replay with older passwords or have the ability to cheat with super passwords. ;)
The graphics aren't really better. They're the same, just for two different systems. Like Street Fighter on SNES and Street Fighter on MD.

Edited on by SKTTR

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

63. Posted:

The only arcades are Wonderboy II (already available) and Monster´s Lair? I hope they launch Monster´s Lair Arcade soon. Are there another arcades in this saga?

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

64. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Yeah, if you can't remember to go back to the Wii menu, or don't write down the password sometimes then it's your own fault. Dragon's Curse is more confident in that regard. But a password is more secure than data that can be erased/corrupted. Also you can replay with older passwords or have the ability to cheat with super passwords. ;)
The graphics aren't really better. They're the same, just for two different systems. Like Street Fighter on SNES and Street Fighter on MD.

I never thought I'd see somebody insane enough to defend passwords, yet somehow I'm not surprised at all to find that person to be you, SKTs. :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

65. Posted:

If it's insane to like having more options/features in a great game then I'm fine with that.
Maybe it's sane to pay a buck more for a clone with less options, but that's your opinion.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SKTTR

66. Posted:

DarkEdi wrote:

The only arcades are Wonderboy II (already available) and Monster´s Lair? I hope they launch Monster´s Lair Arcade soon. Are there another arcades in this saga?

As you can see in post #60 there are three Arcade Wonder Boy games.

Wonder Boy, Wonder Boy II (in Monster Land) which is available on VC now, and Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair.

Wonder Boy on Master System is a very faithful port, but if you can wait, the arcade version could be released on VC.

Same for Monster Lair. The MD version is missing some levels, and the TG version is missing the Wonder Boy license. I have the MD version but I wait for the arcade version.

scatterkid.weebly.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

67. Posted:

SKTTR wrote:

Yeah, if you can't remember to go back to the Wii menu, or don't write down the password sometimes then it's your own fault. Dragon's Curse is more confident in that regard. But a password is more secure than data that can be erased/corrupted. Also you can replay with older passwords or have the ability to cheat with super passwords. ;)

Well, pretty sure both versions have passwords (I'm pretty sure Dragon's Curse has a save feature, but I think they still included a password feature because backup memory was a separate accessory on the TG16. I know in Japan there was a backup accessory known as Tennokoe Bank, but I don't know if it was available on its own in the US or only as part of the CD drive. If that latter was true, it would definitely explain the inclusion of both save options.).

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

68. Posted:

ok, thanks to answer about the arcade versions. I have already adventure island instead wonderboy but i´m doing my collection since last week. I will wait to monster´s lair arcade version but i will download all the other games. Thanks.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rawk_Hawk

69. Posted:

Well I it looks like fans of the Virtual Console have to pay higher prices to play these classics. Super Hang-On, Monster World IV and Monster Land are now on the PSN for $4.99. Thanks for overcharging Nintendo and Sega

"Practice hospitality. bless and do not curse." Romans 12:13-14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

70. Posted:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

Well I it looks like fans of the Virtual Console have to pay higher prices to play these classics. Super Hang-On, Monster World IV and Monster Land are now on the PSN for $4.99. Thanks for overcharging Nintendo and Sega

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will pick up Monster World IV on PSN. Don't blame Sega though, blame Nintendo.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

71. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

Well I it looks like fans of the Virtual Console have to pay higher prices to play these classics. Super Hang-On, Monster World IV and Monster Land are now on the PSN for $4.99. Thanks for overcharging Nintendo and Sega

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will pick up Monster World IV on PSN. Don't blame Sega though, blame Nintendo.

That's mainly because wii is a disappointment but we all know that do we. :p
Edit: Here's hoping for a sale at the time wii u comes out :p

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

72. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

Well I it looks like fans of the Virtual Console have to pay higher prices to play these classics. Super Hang-On, Monster World IV and Monster Land are now on the PSN for $4.99. Thanks for overcharging Nintendo and Sega

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will pick up Monster World IV on PSN. Don't blame Sega though, blame Nintendo.

That's mainly because wii is a disappointment but we all know that do we. :p

Well, I don't think the Wii is a disappointment and I think it has more to do with their set pricing structure for the Virtual Console.

I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

73. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Heavy_Barrel wrote:

Well I it looks like fans of the Virtual Console have to pay higher prices to play these classics. Super Hang-On, Monster World IV and Monster Land are now on the PSN for $4.99. Thanks for overcharging Nintendo and Sega

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like I will pick up Monster World IV on PSN. Don't blame Sega though, blame Nintendo.

That's mainly because wii is a disappointment but we all know that do we. :p

Well, I don't think the Wii is a disappointment and I think it has more to do with their set pricing structure for the Virtual Console.

We the motion controls were good I will admit. The problem with the wii? Everything else!!!!! :p
Abused 3rd party motion controls, clumsy vc & wiiware prices & last but not least lot's & lots of shovelware. :p

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

74. Posted:

Now I'll be getting Monster World IV for all 3 systems.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DarkEdi

75. Posted:

Imagine a new Monster World or WonderBoy by RetroStudios or an appareance in Smash Bros.

Wii U: edi_tena (please tell me you are from NintendoLife)
Me gusta jugar videojuegos. Soy de México. Sorry my english grammar. I love the Virtual Console, party and fighting games too.

Nintendo Network ID: edi_tena

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Mahe

76. Posted:

So, out of the Steel Shield, Rainbow Shield and Magic Shield in Monster World IV, which is the best one at that point of the game and why?

Mahe

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bassman_Q

77. Posted:

Sorry to revive the thread, but I also have the same question pointed out by @Mahe. I don't wanna waste precious money (though I DO have another gold bar waiting to be sold for 9999 gold!) ;)

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery