Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 4,850

ThanosReXXX

@Zeldafan79 At those prices, I'd seriously wonder about the quality or life expectancy of the Wii, even though you might occasionally get lucky, but personally, I wouldn't bet on it. I'd definitely go for a reputable reseller, such as a retro game shop. There's probably various in your area, but if there aren't, I'd at least verify those sellers on eBay. Normally, I'd expect used Wii's (edit: in complete form, with all necessary cables, a sensor bar and at least one Wii remote) in good condition to sell for around 50 to 70 bucks. Anything cheaper than that sounds highly suspicious to me personally.

On a side note: I don't know if you intend to softmod it or if you want to keep it in its original form, but if the latter is the case, then this is a good site to get some cheap games from. (just set the selector to sort games by prices from low to high to see how cheap they can go for)

And if you do end up getting a Wii, then be sure to look for the original one, either white or black, as long as it has the GameCube controller ports and memory card slots. If there's any mention of "family edition" then don't go for it, regardless of how cheap it may be.

On a side note: if you decide to softmod the Wii, give me a heads up and I will point you to all the info you'll need.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Ninfan

just bought two Zx spectrum games online for a euro each, BMX simulator ( by codemasters ) and a game called Zzoom ( by imagine )

Ninfan

Zeldafan79

@Ninfan
I don't exactly know what's going on but lately it seems the price has skyrocketed. I saw several Wii's on ebay for 80 dollars or more. What's up with that?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Tasuki

@Zeldafan79 It's because of everyone being on lockdown. The price of Wii have been climbing since the beginning of the lockdowns.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ninfan

the Wii has gone up in price, i bought a Wii in CEX a year ago for 30 euro now there 120 euro. I bought it for light gun games. but other things haven't gone up? strange..

Ninfan

gcunit

@Zeldafan79 Covid-19 and the demand for in-home entertainment has caused it.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Zeldafan79

@gcunit
Well i hope they go back down after things get back to somewhat normal. My lady friend wants one but at those prices i might have to wait a while.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Ninfan

@Zeldafan79 I can't understand why the price of them Wii's have gone up. there's a magazine online company selling a deal of 5 copies of computer game magazines for 5 euro for 5 issues ( including p & p ) the normal price is 7 euro a copy. after the five copies, the subscription-only goes up to 20 euros for each subscription for the rest of the year. magazines are called retro gamer, official PlayStation, edge, and pc gamer.

Ninfan

Ninfan

bought 2 Zx spectrum games Zzoom ( by imagine ) and PRO skateboard simulator ( by Codemasters )

Ninfan

Ninfan

subscribed to retro gamer , magazine

Edited on by Ninfan

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Jake Power Handyman NDS
Untitled
It took 30 minutes to finish the storyline.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
It was.... mediocre, but acceptable mediocre.
I'm planning to get the other series Jake Power Policeman and Firefighter.
Basically, they are identical games with swap copy themes.

Anti-Matter

KingMike

Went crazy buying retro compilations on the Switch.
Does buying most of Johnny Turbo's Data East games on sale count?
(was hesitant about Heavy Barrel, knowing that unlike the NES port, the arcade version was originally one of those rotary-stick games. Did they redo it as a twin-stick game?
I just remember playing Time Soldiers on PSP, and using L and R to rotate was still not a great solution.)

KingMike

ChozoGhost

I added about 20 games to my GC collection last month (up to 140 now), and a few more on the way this month. And finally upgraded my GC with this sweet little screen

Untitled

ChozoGhost

DasWunderkind

Bought 2 official NES mini controllers for $15 to play the over 1300 Nintendo games and hacks on my Wii. Also picked up the Saitake 7007 to game on the go.

DasWunderkind

judaspete

Just got Need for Speed: Nitro. It might be one of the best 90s arcade racers I've ever played. Would be right at home between a SCUD Race and Rush cabinet.

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

DaftAda

I treated myself to this beauty! With Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel

Also used an old CEX voucher to bag Earthworm Jim 3D (N64), Shadowrun and Mickey's Magical Quest (SNES), Pokemon Pinball Ruby/Sapphire and Grunty's Revenge (GBA), Star Wars Racer, Perfect Dark and Rayman (GBC)

DaftAda

Tasuki

Got my Retro Game Treasures box yesterday in the mail. Not as exciting as last months. I got Toy Story, Jurassic Park, Mortal Kombat II all on Genesis and Double Switch on Sega CD.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic