Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 4,850

Tasuki

Got this month's Retro Game Treasures box today. Pretty good month. I got two C.I.B. games NBA Jam on the Genesis and Double Dragon on the Master System. As well as a couple of loose cartridges, Eternal Champions and Greendog for the Genesis.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NintendoByNature

Recently purchased a few games from lukiegames.

Outlaw Golf GC
Dead to Rights GC
Wcw/Nwo world tour 64
Perfect Dark 64

NintendoByNature

Bucket

Does anybody know anything about that "The Retro Games Console" that keeps appearing in adverts on this site? Looks interesting, but I haven't heard anything about it before, and Google hasn't helped.

Bucket

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature That's good to know, I honestly never heard of it. I did have a Genesis growing up but I had the more popular games Sonic, Streets of Rage, etc. So many flew under my radar.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki its side scrolling beatemup but with a Frisbee. It was actually a top 5 genesis game that I owned as a kid. Its funky but its really fun

NintendoByNature

BongoBongo123

Bought a box and manual for super mario land gb. Lost the originals years ago. Game still works and its good to have complete.

BongoBongo123

MarioBrickLayer

I picked up some Gamecube games

Untitled

All are in good condition apart from Warriors Within, which is OK, but only cost me £7.

Edited on by MarioBrickLayer

MarioBrickLayer

porto

I bought myself Mario Party 7 for the GameCube. Don't know why, I just got an urge to play it >,<

porto

Switch Friend Code: SW-2940-3286-4610 | My Nintendo: Pikmin4 | Twitter:

lizardbish

Untitled

I've wanted these for a long time. I traded and sold some games in order to pick these up because they weren't cheap.

Switch friend code: SW-7938-2538-6283
Now playing:
Octopath Traveler II (Switch)
Stardew Valley (Switch)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
Dead Island 2 (PS5)

lizardbish

@Zuljaras Unfortunately they are pricey. I'd really like Konami to release another collection with the DS games in (and maybe the GBA games too) so that more people can play them because they're not easy or cheap to find at all. I had to sell and trade a lot! But it was about time I had a clear out anyway.

Switch friend code: SW-7938-2538-6283
Now playing:
Octopath Traveler II (Switch)
Stardew Valley (Switch)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
Dead Island 2 (PS5)

Tasuki

@lizardbish I always liked the DS. Castlevanias, even though they were sequels except for Order of Ecclesia. Still though they are some of the best.

My Backlog

SCOTTNES

KiKi Kai Kai for the Nintendo Switch, under Arcade Archive KiKi Kai Kai, a localised western version of the Japanese Famicom Disk System.

You play I believe as a female who goes around shrines in japan defeating historic Japanese folk lore monsters, you have a purification stick which I think they use for Shinto religion and some kind of cards for long range attack. It’s a really good game and the first in the series soo I recommend, you can choose between the localised western game and the Japanese one.

Edited on by SCOTTNES

NINTENDO

KingMike

Why have my last few purchases been SNES fighting games?

@ogo79 I think we may be getting old. While looking up something for a joke, I came to find there's an actual Fisher-Price game controller for babies that still has more buttons than the NES. Maybe Elijah Wood was on to something.

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
yeah were getting old thats for sure buddy

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ryu_Niiyama

Samurai western
Suikoden (CIB)
Ininja
Bomberman 64: the second attack (unopened Jpn version)
Disgaea d2

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

KingMike

I make bad use of money.
Ordered a CIB copy of Exed Exes for the Famicom.
I probably shouldn't expect more than "1942 with bees" out of it. Since that probably basically is what it was. Released only 11 days later, made by the same developer. Only difference is that Capcom didn't publish the port themselves, but Tokuma.
I wonder why Capcom didn't keep the more sensible English title "Savage Bees" when re-releasing the arcade version but I guess it was distributed by an obscure company whose name almost sounds like a fake joke name these days: Memetron.
I guess the most notable thing is that when it came out Tokuma held a high-score contest where people could win... a replacement cartridge label acknowledging their scoring tier. I remember reading that in the early days of web-browsing in the early 2000s about maybe those high score label carts having higher value. I don't know, sounds kind of like if you bought a used letterman jacket on ebay not for like I don't know, the retro look or something, but to act like YOU earned the badges.

(too bad Tokuma I hear is another company I hear doesn't like uploads of decades-old gaming books and such. They had some involvement in Nintendo Power's development, and I hear may have had similar sentiment as Nintendo towards people being able to read out-of-print 30 year old magazines illegitimately. )

KingMike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic