Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 4,850

darthstuey

I just picked up a mint condition Intellivision for £40. I don’t think the guy selling it had any idea what it was.

darthstuey

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

@Wavey84 This is the first time I ever remember agreeing with you, but yeah, Mega Man Powered Up was pretty bad, and certainly a wasted opportunity of a remake. MM1 already had the worst controls of any Mega Man game, and not the tightest level design, but they doubled down on it with the new stages instead of fixing it, and the artstyle was hideous - I swear that Mighty No.9 was trying to go for that same art style, too. Now we know one of the many bad ideas that I guess Capcom was holding him back from implimenting in his Mega Man games...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KingMike

Realized I think I had just one game missing from my Famicom RPG collection, some game I heard described as a Phantasy Star clone called STED. Not expecting a great game being seemingly the only non-SNK-related console game this published.
Also making one of the rare exception of avoiding adding filler sports games to the collection but ordered a SFC 2020 Super Baseball. Surely a preview of next year's season.

Edited on by KingMike

KingMike

TommyTendo

I bought Mario Party 5 at a gaming expo last year. It's the only GameCube Mario Party I never owned myself.

KingMike

A few loose Genesis games.
Bubba 'n Stix which the AVGN reviewed among his Amiga games as "the one that doesn't suck", and another Amiga port called Bubble & Squeak, hopefully the Sunsoft name makes it a decent-ish game.
Also Midnight Resistance (what happens when you take a rotary stick platformer and put it on the Genesis, how well does it come out) and Thunder Fox (tried it in MAME and looked pretty amazing, I'm sure it's not going to come out as well on Genesis, but we'll see).

@ogo79 Thing is, I don't know the games besides Thunder Fox can exist when Taito is "The Only Game in Town". HOW DOES ANYONE ELSE MAKE GAMES?
Or was Taito simply alerting us that only one person in each town may find/buy/own a Taito game?

KingMike

ogo79

@KingMike
a real cowboy eats his peas with his mashed potatoes

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

Ninfan

I bought the Japan import of F-ZERO GX for nintendo gamecube it's very bad compare to the European release i'd advise people not to buy it..

Ninfan

Farmboy74

I decided to go on a buying spree for my launch GameCube and Wii after deciding the minute gaming goes all subscription services only, I’m out. This weeks purchases are:

Crazy Taxi
Billy Hatcher
House of the Dead Overkill
Ghost Squad
Sonic Colours

With the exception to House of the Dead and Ghost Squad, the other three games I’ve never played before and have had a blast in playing.

Farmboy74

Farmboy74

@Ninfan, I decided to risk it and get them of E Bay. So far all genuine games in their boxes with manuals and more importantly in working order. Failing that there are retro gaming resellers such as Chillout Games and Retrogames. Even sites like MusicMagpie and Cex still have a large selection of GameCube and Wii games.

Farmboy74

darkswabber

So I realised I haven’t posted here in about 10 months, so to keep it short I’ll only share my purchases of october 2019.

I bought a CIB red gameboy pocket alongside a CIB ghostbusters 2, lion king, paper boy 2, jurassic park and mickey mouse for it, and also tetris and mario land with a manual and a loose mario land 2. That same day I bought super mario strikers for the gamecube and prince of persia trilogy for the ps3 (all 3 games in cases with a cardboars sleeve to hold them toghether.)

The weekend after I bought mario kart ds, mario kart 7 for the 3ds, castle of illusion starring mickey mouse for the mega drive and CIB V-rally edition 99 and MRC: multi racing championship for the n64.

The weekend after my parents found a mint tabletop snoopy game & watch for €75 and bought that for me as a gift.

And yesterday I went to the retro gaming expo in hengelo and bought a CIB super mario land, ducktales and wario land for the gameboy, CIB wario land 2 and 3 for the GBC and CIB wario land 4 for the gba. I also bought a CIB pokemon snap for the n64, bubsy 2 for the mega drive, learn with pokemon: typing adventure for the ds, DOOM and duke nukem 3D for the sega saturn, chu chu rocket for the sega dreamcast and my best purchases of all, marvel vs capcom 2 for the sega dreamcast.

And to cap it of, everything again but formatted more nicely.

Gameboy
Mario land 1 (with manual)
Mario land 1 (CIB)
Mario land 2 (loose)
Tetris (with manual)
Ghostbusters 2 (CIB)
Lion king (CIB)
Paperboy 2 (CIB)
Mickey mouse (CIB)
Jurassic park (CIB)
Wario land (CIB)
Ducktales (CIB)
Red gameboy pocket console (CIB)

Gameboy colour
Wario land 2 (CIB)
Wario land 3 (CIB)

Gba
Wario land 4 (CIB)

Ps2
Prince of persia trilogy (boxset)

Gamecube
Mario strikers

Ds
Learn with pokemon: typing adventure (CIB including the keyboard and longbox)
Mario kart ds

3ds
Mario kart 7

N64
Pokemon snap (CIB)
V-rally edition 99 (CIB)
MRC- multi racing championship (CIB)

Game&watch
Snoopy (tabletop)

Mega drive
Bubsy 2
Castle of illusion starring mickey mouse

Saturn
DOOM
Duke nukem 3D

Dreamcast
Chu chu rocket
Marvel vs capcom 2

Also these were my first saturn and dreamcast games and my first CIB GB, GBC and N64 games.

EDIT: I said I would only list my purchases of this month to keep it short, I guess I didn’r realise how much I bought.

Edited on by darkswabber

darkswabber

Twitter:

KingMike

Now realizing I may have an actual Wario Land 4 manual somewhere along with the game, after at some point ordering a manual reprint from Nintendo (NoA at least used to sell official super-sized manual scan reprints, probably large sized to maintain readability).

KingMike

Ninfan

I m having my spectrum +2, +3, spectrum light guns and zx spectrum vega fixed.🔧🔨🔩

Ninfan

Ninfan

i just bought a disk in the post with 23,000 zx spectrum games.

Ninfan

Ninfan

i just bought a disk in the post with all 134 copys of sinclair user computer magazine in it. It also comes with a bonus disk with all your spectrum magazine,zx81 and QL only a fiver including post...

Ninfan

Ninfan

I see retro gamer magazine is sort of not running correctly, must be because of the epidemic.

Ninfan

KitsuneNight

lots and lots of dreamcast

a japanese console
2 VMU's

crazy taxi
zombie revenge
street fighter alpha 3
street fighter 3
resident evil code veronica
resident evil 2
vampire chronicle
wwf attitude
godzilla generations
ready 2 rumble 2
and bust a move 4

KitsuneNight

KitsuneNight

@Ninfan
nah
still so much to play on the dreamcast

there are even new controllers coming out for it

im hoping for a DC mini or a replacement console

KitsuneNight

Zeldafan79

Hey everyone i need some advice. I'm looking into picking up a used Wii and I'm wondering what is the price or best place to get one of those things these days. I did some checking around Ebay and was shocked to find some listed as low as 10 dollars! Surely that must be a mistake. Can they really be that low?

Edited on by Zeldafan79

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic