Forums

Topic: My opinion on the legend of zelda series.

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think Zelda is severely overrated. Yes, I like it and they're great games but not nearly as much as some make'em out to be.

Blasphemy!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

swordx

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think Zelda is severely overrated. Yes, I like it and they're great games but not nearly as much as some make'em out to be.

Blasphemy!!

swordx

Sensei_Clive

I came here to read nice opinions about the Legend of Zelda, and yeah I'm pretty dissapointed!

Sensei_Clive

LordJumpMad

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

I came here to read nice opinions about the Legend of Zelda, and yeah I'm pretty dissapointed!

Welcome to Nintendo Life!
Where we're sick of the same old Nintendo games. Join us, as we rant about how terrible your gaming childhood really is.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

Twitter:

Big_Boy_Chubs

I really thought i'd love zelda, but i've never finished one game. I really love the graphics though, and i know i'm going to eventually get anything that comes out with zelda.

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Sensei_Clive

LordJumpMad wrote:

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

I came here to read nice opinions about the Legend of Zelda, and yeah I'm pretty dissapointed!

Welcome to Nintendo Life!
Where we're sick of the same old Nintendo games. Join us, as we rant about how terrible your gaming childhood really is.

Yeah, maybe we should rename it sonylife... Then we all have a good reason to complain about Nintendo :/

Edited on by Sensei_Clive

Sensei_Clive

LordJumpMad

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

I came here to read nice opinions about the Legend of Zelda, and yeah I'm pretty dissapointed!

Welcome to Nintendo Life!
Where we're sick of the same old Nintendo games. Join us, as we rant about how terrible your gaming childhood really is.

Yeah, maybe we should rename it sonylife... Then we all have a good reason to complain about Nintendo :/

Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

Twitter:

Big_Boy_Chubs

@Spoony_Tech Add me, Add me! your avatar's my favorite anime!

tumblr's better...

-Kurt Cobain
X&Y safari: Fire; Charmeleon; Ninetales; Growlithe

Nintendo Network ID: BigBoyChubs

Spoony_Tech

Big_Boy_Chubs wrote:

@Spoony_Tech Add me, Add me! your avatar's my favorite anime!

Not to be mean but I'm already maxed at 100. Glad to hear though someone else loves that anime! Not my favorite but top 5 for sure!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WaveBoy

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@WavoBlokeDudeski I would rather watch the entire LOZ cartoon series back to back then play through Skyward Bored again

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

eXcUuUUuuse ME Princess!
I absolutely adore the LOZ cartoon series, mainly because it's a surfed out whacky take on Link, it has He-man esque art direction and you can tell the artists had a ton of fun with it PLUS they used those classic NES SFX from the game itself. But the eletist fans that have to have everything identicle to their silly beloved series completely write it off. Some people need to lighten up.

Currently Playing: Donkey kong Country! - Virtual Console!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
Nintendo Network ID: WaveBoy777

mamp

I feel like I've been reading a lot of comments lately about how Zelda is getting stale for some people. I don't like Zelda because I feel like I figured out the typical Zelda formula way earlier than everybody else so I got bored with it. I got bored of going through typical temples (forest, fire water, etc.) and typical environments (desert, forests, volcanoes, lakes) and saving the almighty (yet somehow pathetic enough to always end up in distress) Zelda. Also usually every villain that's not Ganondorf (well maybe majora's mask imo) tends to really suck (also I learned a really harsh lesson with zant, I actually thought he was gonna be a cool main villain and then bam it's Ganondorf AGAIN). I'm tired of the bow/bomb/boomerang/hookshot and any other piece of Link's typical equipment. I feel like I figured this out too quickly so I became bored with the series (yet somehow I let my friends who are crazy Zelda fans convince me to give the next game a shot because peer pressure always gets me).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

Sensei_Clive

Untitled

@LordJumpMad no they're not, I understand that's the way you think and I respect that... Can't force people to think the right thing Now i'm leaving this thread, my love for Zelda can't take anymore opinion rather than mine

Sensei_Clive

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

@WavoBlokeDudeski I would rather watch the entire LOZ cartoon series back to back then play through Skyward Bored again

Subscribe to Nintendo Life on YouTube

eXcUuUUuuse ME Princess!
I absolutely adore the LOZ cartoon series, mainly because it's a surfed out whacky take on Link, it has He-man esque art direction and you can tell the artists had a ton of fun with it PLUS they used those classic NES SFX from the game itself. But the eletist fans that have to have everything identicle to their silly beloved series completely write it off. Some people need to lighten up.

Yeah, that's what I mean mate... I would actually rather watch the cool cartoon series

MAB

WaveBoy

@MadAussieZoro
I wasn't directing that last comment at you dude, just to the up tight Zelda fans in general that just can't accept a little campy fun tarter sauce.lol

Currently Playing: Donkey kong Country! - Virtual Console!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!
Nintendo Network ID: WaveBoy777

shingi_70

I'm a big Zelda fan and even though I haven't played the most recent entries (Skyward Sword & Spirit Tracks) it remains one of my favorite series. Hell I'm buying a Wii U for Wind Waker HD and plan to beat Skyward Sword after I get a Wii U.

My three favorite games in the series are Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, and Link's Awakening.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic