Forums

Topic: Check out how great these Atari 7800 games are these days

Posts 21 to 33 of 33

7th_lutz

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

Wow! That looks cool. Any chance there are Space Duel and Pac Man Collection videos floating around?

Pac-Man Collection
[youtube:0i82c-g8iyQ]

Pac-Man Collection game review by not by me:
[youtube:1af-oy2vefg]

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Pac-Man Collection - Ultra Pac-Man
[youtube:E4L3Uir0xHs]

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks for the video! I should finally be getting my hands on it on Christmas Eve when Im open my gifts! I'm glad to see Pac Man Plus on a classic video game system!!

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Sean_Aaron

7th+lutz wrote:

The author of Jr. Pac-man is currently taking a break from doing homebrew games due to something outside of the internet. All I know is that the person's next game is not a pac-man game. The game is called Failsafe. Failsafe actually is the Atari 5200 game Countermeasure. I am not familiar with the game since I never played or own an Atari 5200 game console.

Wow, if he did a port of Dreadnaught for the 5200, I would totally track down a 7800; actually I'm tempted right now!

What are the video options for the 7800, is it just RF or is composite video supported; do you know if there's differences between PAL and NTSC carts?

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

7th_lutz

Sean+Aaron wrote:

7th+lutz wrote:

The author of Jr. Pac-man is currently taking a break from doing homebrew games due to something outside of the internet. All I know is that the person's next game is not a pac-man game. The game is called Failsafe. Failsafe actually is the Atari 5200 game Countermeasure. I am not familiar with the game since I never played or own an Atari 5200 game console.

Wow, if he did a port of Dreadnaught for the 5200, I would totally track down a 7800; actually I'm tempted right now!

What are the video options for the 7800, is it just RF or is composite video supported; do you know if there's differences between PAL and NTSC carts?

RF is the only video option without doing a mod. I can tell you that Atari 7800 NTSC carts can't work on a pal Atari 7800. The biggest difference with the carts is there is from a programming stand point based on what I read on Atariage. I don't think there is a difference memory in size of the carts though.

PacManPlus and other homebrew programmers programs Atari 7800 and carts in Pal and NTSC for an example When a game gets developed by PacManPlus for an example, people on Atariage message boards actually test the games on an Actual Atari 7800 NTSC system and an Atari 7800 pal system for him. What happened for Failsafe is the game on a NTSC system works great in, but the Atari 7800 game console in PAl format had problems with colors. PacManPlus is correcting the color problems for Failsafe in pal, before he completely finishes up the game.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Sean_Aaron

Once I confirm the political situation at home (bringing in a 4th console won't be a small task methinks) I'll go for a PAL unit just because they'll be cheaper to get posted and the games easier to come by (plus the PAL ones come with the NES-style pads -- the "pro" controller looks too much like a 5200 controller, which resembles the Colecovision/Intellivision controllers with buttons on the side that I think are just awful).

Glad to know homebrew carts are dual video -- do you know if that's the case for the 2600 homebrew? I'd hate to get a PAL 7800 just to find that Ladybug won't work properly, but I'm not sure if my TV would support NTSC over RF...also what's the 2600 homebrew cart compatibility like with the 7800? I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by getting a 7800, but I really intend to get more 2600 games than 7800 games; especially homebrew.

I also found this site for 2600 Homebrew carts: http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html -- know anything about them?

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

Turbo_Genesis_64

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Once I confirm the political situation at home (bringing in a 4th console won't be a small task methinks) I'll go for a PAL unit just because they'll be cheaper to get posted and the games easier to come by (plus the PAL ones come with the NES-style pads -- the "pro" controller looks too much like a 5200 controller, which resembles the Colecovision/Intellivision controllers with buttons on the side that I think are just awful).

Glad to know homebrew carts are dual video -- do you know if that's the case for the 2600 homebrew? I'd hate to get a PAL 7800 just to find that Ladybug won't work properly, but I'm not sure if my TV would support NTSC over RF...also what's the 2600 homebrew cart compatibility like with the 7800? I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone by getting a 7800, but I really intend to get more 2600 games than 7800 games; especially homebrew.

I also found this site for 2600 Homebrew carts: http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/Atari%202600.html -- know anything about them?

You speak of video game systems like they are a harem of women that needs your wife's approval. No offense, but what kind of woman gets jealous of an Atari 7800? It's not like your Tiger Woods; you just want to get some "Lady Bug" action on the side.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

Sean_Aaron

Well, accumulating consoles does give the distinct impression that it's the most important thing in my life, so it's a fair cop. I think it's also the idea of filling up the tv cabinet with yet another game system that could be an issue.

Of course this could all also be all in my head; there's only one way to find out!

7th_lutz

Sean+Aaron wrote:

Some Homebrew 2600 carts are in pal. Good Deal Games isn't the place to find most of the pal versions homebrew games including Ladybug. I read that a small amount of homebrew Atari 2600 games could give Atari 7800 game consoles problems including Ladybug if I remember right on Atariage forums. It is caused by what model of Atari 7800 to knowledge.

I own 3 Atari 2600 homebrew carts and they work fine on my Atari 7800. They are 2007 AtariAge Holiday Cart: Stella's Stocking, Gingerbread Man: One Tough Cookie' , and Toyshop Trouble .

I never had any experience with Good Deal Games, but I heard good things about them and have been around over 7 years. The catch with Good Deal games is they usually don't sell pal versions of games unless it the site states the version is in pal. There two ways to order from them. The first is by e-mail or their order form. The order form isn't secured though.

From a homebrew standpoint, I would recommend Atariage store. The problem is the owner Albert only gives you the link if you ask him by personal Message. They have a lot of homebrew games in pal beside NTSC.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Sean_Aaron

Well, thankfully Atari Age has put my mind at ease. Apparently PAL 7800s aren't affected by the incompatibility issues; only some NTSC revs are.

A big part of me is thinking it's better to just get a Mac Mini and run homebrew through an emulator and use a regular joypad and therefore bypass the entire PAL-NTSC issue, though there is something to be said for getting these nifty booklets with manuals!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

7th_lutz

Two Atari 7800 prototype games are now on youtube. They are Sirius and Plutos. Sirius was worked by Tynesoft in 1990. Plutos was worked on by Tynesoft in 1990 also according to Atariprotos.com. The bad news is the games can not be bought at the Atariage store. It is very hard to find a cartridge version of it.

Sirius in action:
[youtube:DzB6Xq_nzhY]

Plutos in action:
[youtube:HjqmpLAVwxg]

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Lotice-Paladin

Edit: Nevermind, they're working now for me.

Edited on by Lotice-Paladin

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

7th_lutz

JesusSaves wrote:

Most of the videos in this thread have been removed.

Sirus and Plutos were the first 7800 youtube videos I posted since December 2009. Most of Videos that have been removed were working when I first posted them in December 2009.

I got a rid of videos that were removed by youtube or by the channel's operator. The good news is I was able to find videos for most the games had videos removed.

The bad news is I wasn't able to find a lot of Pac-Man Collection videos or a 7800 youtube video on Wasp!. I had to delete some posts on thread as a result.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.