Forums

Topic: Check out how great these Atari 7800 games are these days

Posts 1 to 20 of 33

7th_lutz

The Atari 7800 still has new games releases after being released 23 years ago outside of being test marketed in 1984 and the games are excellent .

Impressive arcade port of Super Pac-man

All these games are found at the Atariage Store. The link for the Atari 7800 section is
http://atariage.com/store ./index.php?l=product_list&c=23 .

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

cheetahman91

Super Pacman does look excellent.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

7th_lutz

Here are more to look at:

Great arcade port of Jr. Pac-man
[youtube:e6yCo6ZOnrg]

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

StarBoy91

Man, why couldn't the NES have had a Jr. Pac-Man port, or even Pac & Pal? Still, nice! How's Super Pac Man, reminds me of Pac & Pal (which was fun)?

To each their own

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks 7th lutz for the videos and homage!

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite NLers. Keep em' coming...

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

7th_lutz

StarBoy91 wrote:

Man, why couldn't the NES have had a Jr. Pac-Man port, or even Pac & Pal? Still, nice! How's Super Pac Man, reminds me of Pac & Pal (which was fun)?

Pac & Pal ran on Namco Super Pac-Man hardware and I think it is one of the reasons why Super Pac-man reminds you of Pac & Pal.

The Nes didn't get a Jr. Pac-man port because of the unauthorized status of this game. Bally Midway created the game without the authorization of Namco. I don't about why for Pac & PAl besides being the rarest pac-man arcade game.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

StarBoy91

And yet, despite the disagreement between Bally Midway and Namco, Jr. Pac-Man still becomes a character in Namco's Pac Man World series of games. v_v [no comment]

To each their own

Turbo_Genesis_64

Imagine how incredible Road Blasters, Pacmania, and Vindicators would be for the 7800, if they were done right.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

EXPERIENCE MORE.... Arcade-quality graphics, awesome sound, "turbo-charged" game play, exciting TurboChip games... It's the incredible Turbo Genesis 64 Entertainment SuperSystem Experience. There's more fun, more challenge, and more excitment ready for you today!

7th_lutz

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

Imagine how incredible Road Blasters, Pacmania, and Vindicators would be for the 7800, if they were done right.

It is ironic you said Pacmania. When the author of Jr. Pac-man was working on the game, people on Atariage had a list of pac-man games that wanted the author to do next including Pacmania. The other pac-man games mentioned at the time by other Atariage members were Pac-land, Baby Pac-man, and Pac & Pal.

The author of Jr. Pac-man is responsible for all the Atari 7800 Pac-man games found at the Atariage store and that is were people on Atariage wanted the author to do another Pac-man game.

The author of Jr. Pac-man is currently taking a break from doing homebrew games due to something outside of the internet. All I know is that the person's next game is not a pac-man game. The game is called Failsafe. Failsafe actually is the Atari 5200 game Countermeasure. I am not familiar with the game since I never played or own an Atari 5200 game console.

The author does do games that aren't that part of the Pac-man series of games time to time for the Atari 7800

7th_lutz

Turbo_Genesis_64

The 7800 sure was dealt a tragic fate. I think too many people think of it as a "poor man's NES," but these games show just how impressive it could be with a little TLC programming.

Edited on by Turbo_Genesis_64

Raylax

Super Pacman looks good. Wasp looks awful.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Turbo_Genesis_64

Raylax wrote:

Super Pacman looks good. Wasp looks awful.

Don't judge a game by its looks. One of my favorite games of all-time is the 7800 game Food Fight and it basically looks like Wasp, but with food and chefs.

StarBoy91

So the object of the game Wasp is to collect shrooms while at the same time avoiding bumble bees in the style of Food Fight except you can't do anything about it? Fascinating.

To each their own

Turbo_Genesis_64

StarBoy91 wrote:

So the object of the game Wasp is to collect shrooms while at the same time avoiding bumble bees in the style of Food Fight except you can't do anything about it? Fascinating.

Well, it's a bit more complex than that! it looks like you don't have lives, but just one life meter.

7th_lutz

Great arcade port of Burgertime (known as Beef Drop for the Atari 7800)
[youtube:7rcurQ66mFc]

I already have my cartridge copy of Beef Drop with an instruction booklet.

I am using this thread to post whatever Atari 7800 homebrew gets on youtube next that doesn't have a gameplay video yet.

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Turbo_Genesis_64

Thanks 7th Lutz for the video! I'm getting so excited about Christmas because I'm getting a total of 7 Atari homebrews!!!

7th_lutz

Turbo+Genesis+64 wrote:

Thanks 7th Lutz for the video! I'm getting so excited about Christmas because I'm getting a total of 7 Atari homebrews!!!

Your welcome.

I forgot to post a video on Asteroids Deluxe:

Edited on by 7th_lutz

7th_lutz

Turbo_Genesis_64

Wow! That looks cool. Any chance there are Space Duel and Pac Man Collection videos floating around?

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.