Forums

Topic: The Xbox One Game Recommendations Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 189

BruceCM

OK, I'll consider that 1, @BlueOcean ... Other games? RPGs? Anyone here played Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Banjo-

@BruceCM I got The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition and still haven't played. It's the favourite game of a friend of mine so it must be good. RPGs I have to play most Final Fantasy games.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, I already heard a lot about that one, @BlueOcean .... I'll probably try 2 1st, though If the 1st game wasn't PC only, I'd probably start there

SW-4357-9287-0699

Gamecuber

I completed Witcher 2 not long ago. It’s good but if you haven’t read the books (which are excellent btw) it won’t make much sense (the Witcher games are official sequels to the book series and work perfectly as part of the lore).

Edited on by Gamecuber

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

‘…I traded it for a Pikachu’

Gamecuber

Yup. Read them last summer. Got through the whole series until Lady of the Lake (the last one) and stopped for some reason halfway through it (not because it wasn’t any good, just got distracted by life).

The Last Wish is a compilation of all the original short stories, so it reads in a strange way (but lays down massive amounts of foreshadowing). Sword of Destiny is a proper novel and reads as such. Last Wish is excellent though.

Of course they are all translated from the original Polish, so the choice of words is sometimes unusual, but that seems to work, given the Middle Ages pseudo-Slavic setting.

‘You swapped three different N64 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? Your dignity?!?

Banjo-

@Gamecuber If I can find them cheap I'll get those two and read them. My games backlog is huge so I don't really want to play 2 before 3 but in 3 you can choose a few answers to shape the story somehow and, if I remember correctly, 3 uses 2's save file if available?

Banjo-

BruceCM

As far as I recall, since I read lots about 3 when it was out, @BlueOcean .... They didn't want to make it import data, so you can choose to answer some questions about 2 but it obviously doesn't make much difference

SW-4357-9287-0699

Gamecuber

When I started Witcher 2 (before I read the books) I gave up very quickly because nothing really made much sense. Having read all the books (apart from the second half of Lady of the Lake) everything clicked into place.

It would be like watching Empire Strikes Back without seeing A New Hope or Endgame without watching Infinity War; you’d enjoy it but you wouldn’t really get what’s going on.

If you don’t have time to read the books before you play (can’t blame you, they are quite long) then I would recommend reading up about the plot up to and including the last book. Obviously the chance of spoilers is high so be warned...

BruceCM

Yeah, thanks, @BlueOcean .... I might well pick up some of the deals that don't require Live Gold, too Anyone want to recommend any of the games on offer, please do so?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM

Tomb Raider Anniversary is a full remake. I tried the Wii version which is broken somehow but the Xbox version is solid. I'd also play Anniversary first since it's a remake of the original game, then Legend which is a reboot of sorts and then Underworld. Then you can move to cinematographic Tomb Raider. Next is Rise of the Tomb Raider 20 Year Celebration which includes all the great DLC and has a lot of optional tombs and interesting extra modes like a zombie mode and mystery-solving puzzle in the manor. This is the most complete and best game in the series and one of the best games of the generation, in my opinion. Finally, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the conclusion of the new trilogy.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

BruceCM

Cool, thanks, @BlueOcean .... I'm fairly familiar with the trilogy there but glad to hear there's also good dlc & about the other 1

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Should be able to get some pre-owned deals tomorrow, when I'm in town, too.... @BlueOcean

SW-4357-9287-0699

Banjo-

@BruceCM If you download the Xbox Game Pass app you can search games on Game Pass so easily. I know that you still don't have an Xbox but just to let you and others know.

Banjo-

BruceCM

Yeah, thanks, @BlueOcean ... For now, I found where to check in their site, anyway If I search for a game in the store, it also says if it's in Pass, as well The main XBox app is pretty good for checking the games on sale, etc, too! Found some clubs to request joining

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

Gamecuber

I started Gears of War ultimate edition on gamepass yesterday. I bought it on 360 years ago but never got round to playing it. Having fun so far.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.