Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,121 to 9,140 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

There you go, July 12th. The day we'll likely get our first Assassin's Creed Valhalla gameplay:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

When are the main Xbox and PS5 reveals (with exclusives) expected? Do we have dates for both?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

Don't think so, @Dezzy .... I'm not aware of any PS5 exclusives yet, unless I've missed something? While the biggest game they currently have that I'll be interested in will come to XBox & Steam!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Xbox is sometime in July, PS5 is completely unknown (Sony's being pretty much silent outside of TLoU2 and GoT).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Have you even heard of any PS5 exclusive games, @Grumblevolcano .... ? Not that are coming out on PS4, not that we know will come to Steam, if not XBox. Actual exclusive?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM We don't even know what the PS5 looks like. They'll likely reveal exclusives alongside more info about the console.

Grumblevolcano

BruceCM

Yeah, that's about what I thought, @Grumblevolcano .... Which they'll want to start doing soon! Since some of the games XBox showed will be on Series X & PC, one way or another. Dunno how many will stay exclusive, mind you

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Yay, there is one, @DarthNocturnal.... Just googled & it'll be on EGS, too but I'd wait for it to come to Steam, if I even want it at all

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tasuki

Just preordered Mafia 1 and 2 on the Xbox One. August can't come soon enough!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

urrutiap

Finally got myself an X Box One S from the Walmart store when i was out of town all day today. Its the X Box One S with the free NBA 2K20.

I suppose I have to sign up for an X Box account for online play and all that?

urrutiap

BruceCM

Since you need live gold for online multiplayer, @urrutiap .... You'd need a basic XBox account to buy games in their store, for instance, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Tasuki

@urrutiap Beat deal just get a sub to Game Pass Ultimate. With that you get Gold service (for online multiplayer) and have access to the list of Game Pass games which is like a Netflix for games that you can download as long as you have Game Pass.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

BruceCM

Oh, yeah, I think they're doing that for £1, too, for newcomers ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@urrutiap Welcome to the club. As others have mentioned, you can regularly get a trial membership for Game Pass for $1, which is basically a game version of Netflix, so you'll have an entire library of games at your disposal.

However, if you want to play online, and buy games and so on, you'll need Xbox Live Gold membership.
Keep these two sites in your favorites, and check them regularly for the cheapest prices:

What you'll buy there is a card code that they will send you by e-mail, and if you enter that, you'll either have 12 or sometimes 13 months of Xbox Live Gold. You'll also want to keep an eye on this page:
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/gold
On that page, you'll see which free games you'll get every month with Xbox Live Gold, through the Games with Gold service. You'll get 4 every month: 2 Xbox One games, and 2 Xbox games from previous generations Xbox (Original Xbox & Xbox 360) that are backwards compatible with the Xbox One. Once you've made an account on your Xbox One, you can then log in on that website as well, which is of course free to do.

An important thing to remember is that the Xbox One games are only for rent, so they're only "free" as long as you have an active Gold subscription, and you can then also buy them to keep, usually for a discounted price, but the older, previous generation Xbox games are yours to keep forever, regardless of whether you have Gold or not, so in any case, you'll still end up with at least 2 free games to keep each month.

On a side note: the monthly Games with Gold games can also be found on one of the pages on the main screen of your Xbox One.

Enjoy!

P.S.

Here's three games that are still free to download outside of all the services and subscriptions I mentioned before, and all three of them are well worth a try in my opinion.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki Yup, I noticed. I was pleasantly surprised to see myself being credited as well...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@DarthNocturnal Which was never something I personally worried about, seeing as Phil Spencer has always already hinted at them picking that up again, once things for the new generation were up and running.

BruceCM

Yeah, that's about what I thought they were doing .... Nice to confirm again, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic