Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 9,141 to 9,160 of 11,914

gcunit

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I wasn't worried. Others were though. So this should be a nice reassurance for those people.

But how long has it been since they started this? It's been years. All they've done is restore a slight glimmer of hope, with no promises or actual added games, just ambiguous words that may or may not turn into anything solid one day.

I gave up waiting. I bought a 360 a few weeks ago because I neeeeded to have Project Gotham Racing in my collection. And I've taken the money to pay for it straight out of any budget I may consider for XSX.

The Xbox brand has been full of tell but very little show in recent years.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

NEStalgia

So when is the xbox digital event? It was announced in March, but it's now June, I've heard nothing, nl doesn't have it in the list, pure xb has no list, and if i Google it i just get pr announcements from March. Yay internet.... Where yesterday's news is still today's news unless more popular newer news replaces it!

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@gcunit meanwhile from the blue camp the sound of chest beating while finally releasing the games they wowed the world with in 2014.

NEStalgia

Tasuki

Maybe some here can help me. I am looking for a FPS similar to CoD where you can unlock guns and stuff through progression via multiplayer matches. More of like an arcadey style shooter not to realistic like Battlefield V or Modern Warfare and not something like Overwatch that requires a team since I am a solo player. If possible one the Xbox One.

Also no Borderlands as I have played 1 and 2 to death and I am looking more for a multiplayer kind of things. Quick Matches and so on.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal I forgot about that. But I wonder how active it is on Xbox. I just read that PS4 got a boost but that was because the game was free with PS+. Second I wonder if it's hacker free.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal If it's on sale now then maybe I will pick it up then. That my biggest thing is how the numbers are, but if it's cheap enough.

I saw that too that Apex gave it a resurgence but as you said that was probably brief as I haven't heard anything about new updates for Apex in awhile. It reminded me of when Black Ops 2 became backwards compatible for the Xbox One. For a few weeks it had numbers well into the 100k range but then it dropped short and I think now it's down to less the. 500.

The only other option I have right now is, wait till CoD 2020 is revealed and hope to God that they go back to the old CoD playstyle rather then this campy b.s. that Modern Warfare is.

My Backlog

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki Some other options for you to look into: Bulletstorm, any of the Gears of War games, SpecOps: The Line, Wolfenstein, Section 8, Quake 4, Call of Juarez.

I do have to mention that I don't know for sure if all of these games tick ALL of the boxes, but Bulletstorm does. It has an entire weapons upgrade skill tree in the game, both single- and multiplayer.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal I know that Respawn said they are not current working on Titanfall 3 and there aren't any plans in the near future for Titanfall 3 but you never know.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@ThanosReXXX I have played Bulletstorm before and best the single player game. I never thought of those games MP though but I have to wonder how deep their multiplayer mode is.

My Backlog

redd214

Titanfall 2 is has a damn near perfect campaign, loved every second of it! Only played a few MP matches but I enjoyed that as well. It's a shame we may never see a sequel, definitely up there as one of if not the best FPS of this generation imo!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@Tasuki Well, what's supposed to be "deep" about multiplayer? All I've ever seen it as, is low-bar fun with friends. For me personally, there has always been more content AND value/story in single player content, so I've always just considered the multiplayer as kind of a "mini-game" bonus. But of course, opinions differ, so I'd understand if you don't see it that way. Regardless, what with the extra physics going on in Bulletstorm, multiplayer can get pretty inventive and interesting, so you could of course always check it out, and on Xbox One, there's the Full Clip Edition, which has several improvements over the Xbox 360 version, as well as some added stuff and of course an extra lick of paint.

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NEStalgia

@Tasuki Destiny 2? It's "MMO", it's half shooter, half RPG. It's Bungee so it's very (very) Halo-like. If you haven't played it it might do it for you. MMO quests aside it's very co-op friendly.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "For me personally, there has always been more content AND value/story in single player content,"

Wow....good news for you:
Untitled

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Huh?

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX That's the stereotypical line from Sony fans vs Xbox fans that XB is all about multiplayer and online and Sony is all about single player story driven experiences and why that's so much better. So basically....you were talking like a solid PS fan there....

I kid, of course, only because you hate PS, and because I agree, I prefer single player story driven content primarily as well. But it's funny to hear the standard PS fandom mantra come from you of all people on an Xbox thread of all places.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Well, I wasn't aware of that, so I definitely wasn't talking like a PS fan, but as an Xbox fan, about the games I've actually played, and of which I compared both their single and multiplayer experiences, the latter of which I've always considered as more of a bonus/add-on to the actual game, which is the campaign mode. Obviously, due to the massive growth of mindless mmo drones, the tables have now been turned, and now single player modes have become the bonus content to the multiplayer component, sadly enough.

Either way: I don't hate PlayStation, I hate Sony. Or rather: I don't care at all about them anymore, I've simply boycotted them. Banned from the Mad Titan's existence, for life.

But to return the favor, here's something you might want to write down in your agenda...

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile....
Xbox = Multiplayer, Online Play, Shooter games
PlayStation = Single player, Graphical emphasizing, almost pretty much same as Xbox

My thought:
What is Cute / Cartoonish / Girlie games i can play on Xbox machines ?
I'm the different audience here. 😆

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX Hey that's pretty cool there's a date again. E3 week lives again! Hopefully MS will set their date as well soon.

@Anti-Matter I was just poking fun at Thanos and stereotypes. Those stereotypes of PS and XBox are inaccurate....it's just what the internet likes to repeat based on impressions from the early years. XBi isn't all about online, and PS isn't all about story. For exclusives that's often the way it appears, which is what fed that stereotype, but both platforms are really evenly split in that regard.

For your tastes though a lot of what you want is Asia-only, so obviously PS gets more content in that regard.

NEStalgia

Tasuki

@ThanosReXXX CoD has a particularly deep multiplayer. They almost have an RPG element to it as to wear you gain levels and as you gain levels you unlock stuff, which I enjoy mainly cause I dont have to many friends to play with. Multiplayer modes like the MP in GoldenEye for example I tend to get bored of playing solo as there is so much you can do. For example every gun is available from the get go where's as like CoD the game dynamic changes when you gain a level cause a new gun or an attachment for a gun unlocks thus you have something new to learn and try.

Don't get me wrong I love a good MP like GoldenEye with friends spent many a years on it but as I said for solo play meh. I hope that all makes senses.

@NEStalgia Yeah too much of an MMO for me. I am looking for something that has quick matches like team death match or capture the flag stuff like that.

My Backlog

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Have you ever looked at Viva Pinata?

And would Plants vs. Zombies suit you?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic