Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 8,981 to 9,000 of 11,914

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Probably because of the OG Xbox versions, Microsoft has been giving them away for free after all.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Nier Automata is coming to Game Pass on Thursday and Nier Replicant is getting a remaster for PS4/XB1/PC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

After buying my new RX 2080 ti + i9 9900k gaming PC (13.4 TF, which is more than even Series X, and mappable gyro for every game) I thought I was done with PS/Xbox. Switch/PC only I said.

But I have to say, I'm loving that instant suspend feature in the XSX. Thus far, XSX seems to be the better buy. Larger SSD, swappable expandable storage, suspend feature, 20% more powerful, full backward compatibility vs limited BC only from 8th gen, etc. Dont care much about the PS claim of faster SSD than NVMe, which is already so fast itll barely make a difference more than a second.

Will probably grab both XSX and PS5 eventually, but later once newer models release.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

While I'm not interested in the Xbox brand, currently (that might change if Microsoft gets its exclusives situation sorted), I do have to say that I absolutely adore those memory cards they're releasing for Xbox Series X. It's not even necessarily about the convenience... I just think they're cute. And they also appeal to the nostalgic Playstation fan in me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

redd214

@Ralizah same for me, no reason for me at all to ever get another Xbox but the memory card things are so neat! Use to love all my different color memory cards back in the ps1/2 days!

redd214

Ralizah

@redd214 Third-party memory cards could come in a lot of fun shapes and colors, too. My favorite on PS1 was shaped and like a baseball. It even had fake stitching on the side of it.

redd214

@Ralizah yeah I remember a bunch of weird ones back in those days. A friend of mine had a Spyro shaped one I remember!

redd214

Tasuki

@Zuljaras They won't make the same mistake twice at least with the always online feature. That pretty much killed MS this gen and they know it. We saw how fast they got rid of Mattrick from the backlash alone they got for that idea. I mean they pretty much have made it past that point this gen but the damage was already dealt this gen for any point of a recovery.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Banjo-

@Tasuki Yep, Xbox One S and Xbox One X were more about restoring the Xbox brand after Mattrick's disaster than beating PS4 but now with Play Anywhere, xCloud and Game Pass Microsoft is not even worried about not beating Nintendo or Sony in the consoles market but to stay relevant in the full video games spectrum. I think that the rivalry of Nintendo and Sony is bigger than ever although Nintendo is focusing on mobile gaming at the moment, especially after last year's Switch Lite.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Tasuki

@BlueOcean Right and there will always be a rivalry between Sony and Nintendo but that's to be expected due to Nintendo screwing over Sony with the Philips deal.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GamerGeek87

Why would Micro Soft or Xbox go through all of that trouble just to make another Gaming system,when are they going to stop?

GamerGeek87

GamerGeek87

you don't see Nintendo coming out with another gaming system,Now do you?

GamerGeek87

Grumblevolcano

Mostly caught up on rebuying my physical library digitally as my XB1 disc drive doesn't work properly, only thing left is the Bioshock Collection but I may just skip that as I have the 360 games on backwards compatibility.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Hopefully there's a XB1 release window for Gears Tactics.

Grumblevolcano

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Mostly caught up on rebuying my physical library digitally as my XB1 disc drive doesn't work properly,

At this stage of the generation, wouldn't it just be cheaper to replace the console?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@gcunit No, the games I was missing generally go on sale at crazy discounts such that it's still a lot cheaper to get digitally.

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah

I've gotta admit, I'm not a Microsoft fan, and have no real interest in any iteration of the Xbone, but this is a snazzy looking console. If it was a special edition Series X, I might find it more tempting.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic