Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 8,930

BruceCM

Well, it's been fine from 1st set-up until now .... I tried to sign-in here with Edge It then lost internet, so I tried turning off both console & hub, waiting 30 & restarting Wi-fi is fine on phone, so I know it's not that & I double-checked everything I can think off

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

BlueOcean

@BruceCM Try this. Press the Xbox button to access the quick menu and then use the restart console option. It usually fixes weird things.

BlueOcean

BruceCM

Well, it's all sorted out now, thanks, @BlueOcean .... Maybe just being off for awhile as I was out helped

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

What's anyone else playing....? Got to ruins looking for archaeologigist in Mass Effect

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@Morpheel I've always found that to be a very enjoyable game. I still own both games in the series.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

StableInvadeel

I've only played the first one, though I now have Rare Replay so I do own both. But I'm saving the second one for after I'm done with the first one.

Outside of the xbox, I also played the DS game, which is a surprisingly faithful interpretation of the game. I completed that one 100%.

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@BruceCM I go by Batman all the time.

I figure in mass effect, "Joker" must be his callsign, like modern fighter pilots have..... And he probably got the callsign because hes a sarcastic wise guy that doesn't seem to take anything seriously enough, in the surface. But that's just my head canon. Given biowares writing skills during that series, they may have just watched the Adam West Bat Man series in a tv marathon and used the name.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Morpheel but they're not the highest quality pixels anyone's ever seen, are they?

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Yeah, could be, @NEStalgia .... It's as good a name as anything else

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia That feeling when people label Xbox 360 games as vintage...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia But in all seriousness: nowadays, even one gen ago, no matter what the product, is called vintage, when normally, vintage stuff used to be things from yesteryear, as in: from our grandparent's time. At the very least.

BlueOcean

@Morpheel I played Viva Piñata on Xbox One 100% and I liked it so much that I want to do the same with the sequel. The best thing is that I didn't expect it.

@BruceCM Monster Hunter World, Unravel, Forza Horizon 3 and 4... That is what I am currently playing on Xbox. It took me a while to get (almost) 100% on Watch Dogs but now I am free to play the next Assassin's Creed in my backlog, The Ezio Collection (2 and sequels). I have only played 1 and I loved it, more than Breath of the Wild that was the game that I played right before it.

BlueOcean

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX yeah i think it's wired too. Id say it's because a lot of young people are in the gaming world and to them the console that comes out when they're 17 is modern and the one that came out when they're 2 is like something from a forgotten a age... But, personally, even then, i never thought of snes as "old vintage console", i had it next to snes and thought of it as two different types of "nintendos" (back then a nintendo was just a common noun for a console... ). N64 felt shiny and newfangled and kinda "wrong" after that. Not until my pc era did the nes seem vintage... But then again, console cycles were shorter back then from nes to n64, 84 to 96 would be the span through only be 2 gens now.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean Completely agreed. The first Viva Piñata game was definitely a pleasant surprise, indeed.

@NEStalgia Faster world, I guess. Yesterday's smart phone model is already a relic in many people's eyes nowadays, so with consoles and their multiple year life cycles, it's probably even worse. For me, anything with wood veneer is vintage, so it starts with tube TV's in fake wooden cabinets and Atari 2600's.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic