Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 8,541 to 8,560 of 8,806

BlueOcean

@BruceCM I like the new Tomb Raider games a lot. The story is not perfect but they have very good gameplay and good tombs except 1 which is more action than anything else. Red Dead Redemption I don't know, some people say that they are busywork and have very weird controls but some people love them. I haven't played them.

BlueOcean

BruceCM

I've heard enough about the recent Tomb Raiders to think I want to play them, @BlueOcean .... Obviously have to start with 1st of those Heard so much about Red Dead Redemption, I want to try it myself & I don't usually play shooters!
People complain about combat in Skyrim & I played through as a dual wielding sword girl

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

StableInvadeel

Welp, my dad bought a 4K tv and I had the genius idea of suggesting buying 4k movies to watch on the Xbox.

So right now my Xbox is in the living room on DVD player duties until my dad gets bored. The switch looks so lonely.

On the bright side, I may be able to test a few games on this humongous new tv this weekend.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Fortunately, looking in the 'Super Sale', I can actually get most of the games pre-owned cheaper.... Got Nier Automata, though, as I can't find that anywhere else at all

SW-4357-9287-0699

JoakimZ

Yeah, Nier Automata was a digital only release. I’m also thinking of getting Nier in the sale, but I already got so much else to play...

JoakimZ

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0335-6096 | Nintendo Network ID: JoakimZ

BruceCM

Apart from the big recent 3 Tomb Raider games.... Are any of the others available any good? I'm not a big fan of the older games, really, if they're like those

SW-4357-9287-0699

BlueOcean

BruceCM wrote:

Apart from the big recent 3 Tomb Raider games.... Are any of the others available any good? I'm not a big fan of the older games, really, if they're like those

Yes they are! Anniversary (remake of the first game), Legend and Underworld are all good and backwards compatible.

BlueOcean

BruceCM

Well, I played Underworld on DS, so it'd probably make sense to get that & Legend, @BlueOcean .... By remake, did they improve it? Wasn't just remastered?

SW-4357-9287-0699

ThanosReXXX

@BruceCM Games that aren't there? You mean not in included in GamePass?
I'd have to pass that on to other users, seeing as I already mentioned that I'm not a GamePass user, so I've literally no idea what is or isn't on there. Other than that, I'll have some free time on my hands tomorrow, so I'll browse through my own catalog on Xbox One, to see if I can find some more games that I'd want to introduce to you...

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

BlueOcean

Has anybody used that physical to digital barter that was announced when Xbox One S All-Digital Edition was revealed?

BlueOcean

BruceCM

Well, I'll almost certainly get some GamePass, @ThanosReXXX, so it's better to focus on games not in that to suggest... I have enough time for playing to expect to be able to finish a couple of games a month if I was playing all through If I like the games enough, I'll buy them but pop suggestions in & I'll check what's there, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Got the red Gears of War 2TB XB1 S, monitor, headset &, um, a few games coming now.... Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Type-0 & XV RE, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Gears of War, Jade Empire, Witcher 2 & 3

SW-4357-9287-0699

BlueOcean

BruceCM wrote:

Got the red Gears of War 2TB XB1 S, monitor, headset &, um, a few games coming now.... Final Fantasy XIII trilogy, Type-0 & XV, RE, Watch Dogs 1 & 2, Gears of War, Jade Empire, Witcher 2 & 3

Did you?! That model is gorgeous and has the maximum HDD capacity. Excellent choice for an S!!

BlueOcean

BruceCM

Yeah, the only other 2TB one was the white 1, @BlueOcean .... Picked up the 3 Tomb Raider games in town, too Along with a chat headset & rechargeable battery plug-&-play set

SW-4357-9287-0699

BlueOcean

@BruceCM Great! Did you just grab it or is it going to be shipped to you? Let us know what games you play and how do you like them. There are super cheap games right now on the xbox.com Super Sale like Killer Instinct Definitive Edition, Quantum Break, Rayman Legends, Rare Replay... In total, around 700 games.

BlueOcean

BruceCM

The stuff in 1st post is being delivered .... @BlueOcean & 2nd was what I picked up in town! Hopefully, the deliveries will arrive Monday

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Got a year's Live Gold from the suggested site .... @BlueOcean Then upgraded it to Ultimate GamePass with the £1 offer, like Major Nelson suggested

SW-4357-9287-0699

BlueOcean

@BruceCM Cool. I already had some Game Pass and Gold when the upgrade offer launched and I got the maximum length of time available for an Ultimate subscription for just £1. It's really nice because I don't have to chase for Gold or Game Pass deals for three years.

BlueOcean

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic