Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 7,121 to 7,140 of 8,231

BlueOcean

I haven't played the RE2 demo. I will buy the game day one (probably physical and digital because I collect the main RE games physically) and play it in the evenings or at night.

I played the RE7 demo before the game because it has minimal spoilers (nothing I would consider a spoiler anyway) and I confess I was terrified while playing it, it is so realistic and you don't have enough ammunition or anything.

RE7 is a good change after 6 but I am an old-school RE fan and that means I want the original buddies, the viruses lore (must-read) and the infected hosts more than anything else. I hope this sells so well that we'll see 3 (as rumoured) and Code Veronica (the RE game with the best story) soon.

BlueOcean

Morpheel

The RE2 demo seems to be a short part of the actual game. Mostly what we saw in the earlier trailers.

It's great. Lots of fumbling in the dark trying to escape the zombies while you waste your ammo.

As a fan of the original, it was amazing to see the police station reimagined but still feeling so familiar.

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarthNocturnal

Series 5 update comes to Forza Horizon 4 tomorrow. New features (some of which may not be active until the seasonal change on Thursday) include:

• Free-for-All Adventure. Adventure modes, sans teams.
  • “Taxi!“, a new business Story where you serve as, well... a taxi driver. Horizon-style.
  • Mitsubishi returns with a free car pack. Includes seven cars.
  • The next wave of car pass cars.
  • Between Series updates 5 & 6, a garage space increase is coming. Due to how it changes save file data, it needs more testing.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean I think I am going to buy the Robot White bundle with Fallout 76 and then sell the code in G2A. The retailer do not have Shadow of the Tomb raider bundle and they do not know when they are going to import more consoles.

Very sad.

PS: Or I could wait and see if they import the Metro Exodus Xbox One X bundle here.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

BlueOcean

@Zuljaras Hmm, decisions... Have you considered the Xbox One Elite controller (black or white)? If mine ever breaks I'll get another. The only thing that broke was two of the rubber stick caps while playing Fortnite.

BlueOcean

DarthNocturnal

Another thing with that Series 5 patch for Horizon 4... they removed the Carlton and Floss emotes, apparently. I guess they got spooked after seeing Fortnite being attacked from all sides by money sharks (even though the emotes are 100% free in FH4 and gosh dang it it's body movement, are you going to copyright waving next?! )

Zuljaras

@BlueOcean I do not know about Elite controllers. Those are like the Pro controller? NVM I will just Google it.

But that Metro Exodus makes Fallout 76 look like a joke … a very bad joke!

Zuljaras

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Ahh, I didn't even know that, and I've been using them in my amp audition loop daily...fun timing!

Weird, the KoF question is in the PS4 Fan thread....I've noticed recently direct links from older emails occasionally point to threads that somehow moved from the link destination. The thread's been pretty dead pre-KH3, so I think it's on the current last page still

@BlueOcean LOL, you know I seriously considered trying to disable the beeper, and didn't even know where to look for it! Though I tend to use the beeper to know if I'm turning it on / off properly when using my wired Razer controller (because wired controllers inexplicably can't power on the PS4), and the microswitch under the light bar is mounted in a weird position on that unit that you have to squeeze it in juuust the right spot.

Glad I didn't though since, knock wood, it hasn't beeped in the past few weeks since I rewired everything and changed the stand and position of it to finally get the X1 sitting next to it and change to the official HDD after it started spinning my drives all the time again. It's weird, all I did was change to a screw-in stand instead of the friction clip stand, flip it to face forward instead of backward, and reconnect the PSVR box, and it hasn't beeped. I still have the KH3 LE on preorder...can't get myself to cancel. It'll start beeping again if I do, plus that thing is super rare.

Elite: Your Elite managed to not break anything but did manage to break the stick caps?! Wow, that's impressive. I actually recommend try the Scuff aftermarket stick caps. I put them on mine just because I like their grip material/shape a lot, and the height options are a little more customized (though you have to get two packs if you want identical sticks on both sides....if you prefer one concave/convex or differing heights, you're ok with one.) The Scuff caps are awesome. It takes the best controller and cranks it to 11!

BTW, the X One Brook adapter works great for PS4, but seems so-so for Switch. It works when it works, but it keeps losing its pairing until I go through the process again....and often requires rebooting the Switch (per the instructions) to get it to pair again. I think it needs new firmware, but so far they haven't been nearly as responsive on Switch firmware as PS4 firmware changes. The latest still predates 6.0 I think.

@Zuljaras I'll shill for the Elite all day and all night. Best controller I've ever touched. BUT they do have a reputation for bumpers breaking and sticks drifting. Common problems for stock X1 controllers too, but the metal parts make the "heavy handed" more likely to damage something. I got stick drift in one, though I've had stick drift on every platform but Playstation, only because PS sets the deadzones so wide you can't tell if you have it. The rubber grips peeling off are an infamous problem. Though I don't see why a dab of crazy glue (or after market grips) can't solve it.

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Man, I'll never get so many people being able to thrash all of their controllers while playing games. I'll admit I'm careful with my devices and peripherals, but not extremely so, and literally ALL of my controllers on ALL of my consoles are still in pretty good condition, and I've never replaced a single part on any of them, unless you count buying rechargeable battery packs for them...

I think I've used the Xbox 360 the most of all my consoles, and besides a few scuffs and scrapes, the two controllers I have, are still in one piece. The only controllers I ever wrecked, back in the day, were a couple of N64 controllers, but not by playing games, but by smashing them into walls in a rage fit. Had a serious anger problem, back then...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarthNocturnal

I'm still using the controller that came with my XB1 (3 years ago as of this Christmas). The left stick has drifting issues from time to time, but it's still going.

I have a grey and green S controller as a backup. And my SoT controller, but I'm hesitant to use it... I'd sooner encase it in amber.

redd214

@ThanosReXXX I don't get it either. Outside of the rubber on the thumbsticks of the ps4 controllers that @NEStalgia mentioned (which really hasn't been an issue for years) and the flimsy Joycons I've never had a problem with any others. Wonder WTH people are doing with their stuff to have so many issues

For anyone looking to pickup RDR2 you can get it for $55 w/ a $10 Xbox gift code on Newegg with promo code EMCTUUA74

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I actually am kinda wary of the JoyCon, though, because they do indeed feel quite vulnerable, even if you handle them with care. I also noticed that this feeling is stronger when using them detached from the screen. When in handheld mode, it doesn't feel nearly as flimsy.

'The console wars are like boobs. Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

redd214

@ThanosReXXX yeah much like the DS4, the initial run of the joycons seemed to have most of the issues. The left one on out launch switch started messing up after only a few months. All the ones we've had since have been fine though. Wish they had a bit more weight to them though as they just feel like you're almost holding nothing.

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 I wonder which one I got, then. I bought my Switch on the 28th of December. A bundle with the red and blue neon controllers. Before I got it, they were sold out, so I reckon I got one from the latest batch.

redd214

@ThanosReXXX you should be fine then, congrats on finally getting one, it's a great little system!

redd214

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 It certainly is. I'm quite happy with it. I bought The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey and Golf Story for it, and downloaded a truckload of free games and demos, so I've been quite busy. Weirdly enough, mostly with an annoyingly simple yet addictive game called Fallout Shelter, though...

redd214

@ThanosReXXX 2 all time greats there for me. Should keep you occupied for a while.

Back to xbox, just realized we are a month out from Crackdown 3 but seems no one is talking about it. Seems strange for MS first big exclusive of the year to be getting such little buzz. Anyone picking it up?

redd214

SuperWeird

I broke 7 different DS4 controllers when I owned a PS4. Those damn shoulder triggers are so fragile. And last night I broke my 3rd Xbox OneX controller; the left should button broke and the left thumb stick caved in.

And it’s all because of EA UFC 2. That game is like a real fight, and I’m super hard on my controllers apparently. All 10 of the controllers I’ve broken where from playing UFC 2. That game is hardcore.

I’ve been gaming since the 70’s and these are the only controllers I’ve ever broke.

SuperWeird

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic