Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,241 to 6,260 of 11,914

Eel

I'd panic once it catches fire.

Otherwise I say just wait it out a few minutes, then force a reboot if it doesn't want to react.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Cobalt

@Delibheel

Thank you.

I did what you just said and BINGO, everything's fine now. ^^

Thanks a lot Delibheel (cool pseudo BTW)

Cobalt

NEStalgia

@Cobalt That would be (in addition to regular patches) additional content, cars, etc being added, plus the X1X updates. X1X enhanced games have huge updates since the 4k textures are massive and don't fit on the disc. (Same for PS4 Pro, but it doesn't actually support the full res textures typically so the updates are still smaller.)

Glad your black screen issue was solved though!

NEStalgia

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Yeah, good point. Burnout Revenge was also an easy purchase for me, even though I still own the disc. And it's not so much that I'm voluntarily getting more into digital, it's just that I don't want to have to dig out all these discs all the time, when I want to play something else. It's great that so many titles that I own, are backwards compatible, but they should have come up with something other than 'you need to keep the disc in the drive at all times'.

For example, I would be more than willing to purchase a key code or whatever, for a couple of euros, if that would save me from having to insert the disc all the time. Now they just more or less coerce me into buying these digital versions, to circumvent that (albeit small) annoyance. But I'll only stick to cheap games and discounts, mind you. No full price digital-only for this guy...

Edited on by Eel

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@NEStalgia Oh, and agreed on Mercenaries, although I think you'll understand if I leave the over-analyzing the audio to you, that's a bit too rich for my blood, as per usual. And yes, the game is cheesy, and perhaps your final conclusion is hitting the nail on the head, but that's probably what I like about it, because like I mentioned to you earlier, I've never played any of the games in the series before, so it was a new experience to me, and although somewhat clunky, still enjoyable in its own way.

And of course, as usual, I always do my damnedest to see and play these games in their own frame of reference, so as not to unfairly judge them as looking and playing like crap compared to The Division 2...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Cobalt

Soooooo, my face is swollen after playing Forza Motorsport 7... The game punched me non stop during my playtime... o_O
Horizon 4 is great but Motorsport 7 is the pinnacle of the pinnacle !

I'm lucky to play on a 65" OLED TV from Panasonic and my goodness, 4K + HDR + XBOX ONE X + Forza Motorsport 7 = un-be-lie-va-ble o_O

Now I'm convinced that Microsoft has a problem to communicate clearly otherwise I would already got an XBOX ONE X at launch...

I can't imagine what would be the next system if the actual is already that advanced...
Here in France, the XBOX ONE X cost 409€ and I'm gonna say that compare to the competition, the XBOX ONE X is the best in terms of ratio PRICE/PERFORMANCE. And you get a 4K player included with the system. It's perfect to watch 4K Bluray movies too...

After my disappointment with Nintendo about the drought in 2018, Microsoft put a smile on my (swollen) face...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Matthew010

@Cobalt I've heard good things about Motorsport, but I don't think it's for me. I prefer the open world aspect of Horizon.

Matthew010

Cobalt

@Matthew010

I totally understand that.
I'm that type of player who prefers the pure racing instead of the "drive everywhere you want" aspect.

I played Horizon 4 via the game pass and technically speaking, motorsport 7 is visually better.
It's really impressive to see a game like that running in 3840 x 2160 60fps with HDR active + 24 cars on the track + dynamic weather + effects etc...

I'm really impressed by the result on screen. o_O

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Banjo-

@Cobalt I am happy that you are enjoying your X so far. I love it and still don't have a HDR 4K screen, I will next year. @NEStalgia is also delighted with it. Right now I have a 60" HD one and while it does not make the most of the console I enjoy the super-sampled output. Another game that you should try is Rise of the Tomb Raider (on Game Pass). It's one of my favourite games basically because of the gameplay and visuals and it will definitely look gorgeous on your TV.

As somebody else posted, the Christmas (Countdown) sale is obviously live already but I just noticed not only Xbox One games are included because browsing on my Xbox those were all I found but on PC I am browsing the 360 deals too.

So, for those interested, this is the link with all the games.

https://majornelson.com/2018/12/20/save-big-on-xbox-games-con...

For instance, for a few pounds/euros/dollars you can buy SSX 3, "a retro masterpiece - and it's even better on Xbox One. Another unmissable enhanced back-compat release" according to Digital Foundry.

The number of games included in this sale is over 800 LOL. Even new games like Spyro are included, no Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection though.

My question to everyone is what games are you going to get.

Banjo-

Eel

Any further highschool drama will be deleted. If anyone insists on continuing derailing the thread with this subject, they will get a one day ban to chill out.

About sales. I don't really plan to buy anything right now, but who knows, I'm not exactly a responsible buyer.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm waiting until holiday of next year to upgrade my twins (still sad I missed the spidey ps4, lucky xbox doesnt have any designs that I want so I'll just walk into a store). I want a little time to work on my Japanese back log.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

ThanosReXXX

@Cobalt Glad you're enjoying all the Xbox One X goodness. I will make a mental note of you being more of a racing sim purist than an arcade racer fan, which probably means I won't have to draw your attention to Burnout Revenge only being $6.99/€6.99 on the Xbox digital marketplace...

@Delibheel Fair enough on deleting those comments. Far as I'm concerned, most of it was borne from misunderstanding, seeing as I never had any bad intent with any of them. Still sad to see my own intent being misinterpreted, but I guess that's the risk of the game, with online discussions, where you're missing certain factors that might make it easier to identify each other's true meaning.

I'm pretty sure that neither me nor @BlueOcean really meant anything negative to happen, so here's hoping that we can simply cross it off as a mistake on both our accounts. In retrospect, I could have left out some more sarcastic/salty stuff out of my own comments, so my apologies for those, both to @BlueOcean and the community. I'm really not like that in every day life, so that's why the whole discussion got to me (and got the better of me), albeit in the wrong way.

Anyway, I wish all members a great holiday, a great Christmas, and a healthy New Year's celebration.

I'm going to be offline for some time to come, due to all the upcoming festivities and personal circumstances, so (hopefully) see you all at the other end of 2018. Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to each and every one of you.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

NEStalgia

Sooo much to catch up on, so little time!

@Cobalt glad you finally get to see how x1 finally, but quietly got great. Usually the underdog ends up being the best platform. Though i love all 3 this gen (for me switch is a dream come true) ps4 feels like the odd one out. I've established a big backlog of older or odder jrpgs on it that probably aren't going to switch, do it has its huge library of use too... But switch and 1x really rule the roost.

Yeah Motorsport is really the best console racer.... Project cars, ac, etc are supposedly great for the really hard core enthusiasts mostly on pc with a wheel.... But short of that this is the racer of racers.

@Ryu_Niiyama I preordered the kh3 ps3 (> red spider) but ms rarely does LEs.

I'll have to circle back to some of the deeper game discussing later. My hands may or may not be stuck with tree sap........

NEStalgia

SuperWeird

I love my OneX. Started the generation with a PS4, but wasn't happy with it, so I sold it last year and bought a OneX instead. Very happy with my it. Next gen I'll be sticking with Microsoft.

And Nintendo of course.

SuperWeird

Cobalt

@BlueOcean @ThanosReXXX @NEStalgia

Thanks guys !

@ThanosReXXX I like arcade racer, one of my favorite racing game ever is SEGA RALLY 2... ^^
About Forza, I prefer the "serious" racing aspect but don't get me wrong, Horizon is great too.

PS : I have to admit that something disturb me in Horizon 4 though :

• the typical way of driving in the UK... What I'd call "to drive on the wrong side of the road" LOL

Cobalt

Banjo-

I got SXX 3 and Unravel Two. I was not sure about Unravel Two because I bought the first one (on another sale) and still haven't played it but the discount is steep and it looks nice. Have you played it? Most of the other games I want I already have or are on Game Pass and I am subscribed to it. Funny that the Xbox has become a 3D platforming paradise thanks to this generation third-party releases and backwards compatibility. You could say so about other genres too. I don't know what to recommend when over 800 games are included.

By the way, have you noticed that Assassin's Creed Trilogy is included? Do you remember Nintendo Life reporting an "Assassin's Creed Trilogy" for Switch? Some people wrote that it would be Black Flag, Unity and Syndicate while I and others reacted with "Chronicles" as answer (how could Unity run on Switch?) It seems that the Chronicles games are coming to Switch after all.

@Cobalt

the typical way of driving in the UK... What I'd call "to drive on the wrong side of the road

That is something that confuse all of us because of the real life, holidays and racing games scenarios. It's like pressing A to accept or to cancel (in recent Nintendo consoles), it will always confuse me. When I play Xenoblade Chronicles X and pause a cutscene to turn the volume up (the dialogues are barely audible) I always go to the Cancel option so I don't accidentally skip the cutscene if I press B to "go back". It's interesting how and why some things lie so deep in our brain.

@NEStalgia

I preordered the kh3 ps3 (> red spider) special edition

If they release a PS3 version of KH III why not release a Switch version?

@SuperWeird Same here. I started the generation with PS4 (well, 3DS and Wii U to be precise). I thought that the older PS Store games were available there, no joke. They aren't. I bought all the Uncharted games and Wipeout Omega Collection. Nathan Drake is a very nice guy but the games are nothing to write home about. The Last of Us is another interactive film and also disappointed me as a game. Wipeout is really cool so that's basically the only game I play now on PS4.

I joined Xbox when backwards compatibility was announced. I bought Rare Replay before the console. I bought the Xbox One Elite bundle and I liked the console and controller more so I sold my multiplatform PS4 games and bought them again on Xbox One. Later on I bought an Xbox One X and sold the Xbox One and now the X is the console that I play the most.

I don't get why most articles make a big deal about its price. At launch it was €$100 more expensive than PS4 Pro but the hardware is much better and you get backwards compatibility and 4K BD player. Now you can get bundles with four games or so for less than the original price so the price difference is even smaller and negligible if you consider the extra features and upgraded hardware.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Cobalt

@BlueOcean

I totally agree !

God, Forza 7 is remarkable... o_O I can't believe this is present time...
The Xbox One X is like a jump in the future, I swear it's just insane.

PS : My wife showed me "Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice" with the X enhancement... OH MY GAD...
I wasn't prepared... just crazy !

Cobalt

Banjo-

@Cobalt Yeah, I only played the demo but the combination of perfect 60 FPS and realistic graphics made me think I was watching the races on TV and not playing a video game. Other stunning games: Sea of Thieves, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, The Evil Within 2, Resident Evil 7, Final Fantasy XIII, The Witcher 3, Quantum Break...

Banjo-

Zuljaras

Guys I got the X! My fiance surprised me with it for Christmas!

The only bad thing I expected was the Internet requirement on start up and the mandatory online account. Without those you can't even start the machine!

Other than that I can't wait to play some backwards compatible Castlevania Lords of Shadow!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic