Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 6,221 to 6,240 of 11,903

ThanosReXXX

@redd214 Haha, you're welcome. Was actually just pulling your leg a little. But it certainly is a massively fun arcade racer, so I could easily recommend it to anyone interested in that type of game.

Good news is that outside of the current discount of $6.99, it's normally priced at $9.99, so that's still a pretty good price for an Xbox 360 game, so if you ever change your mind, it'll still be there for that price...

@Dezzy Resident Evil 2? So, a remake of a remake? Wonder what they did to improve it this time, other than probably an up-rez of the graphics.

EDIT:
Never mind, I already read the article you posted. Should probably have done that before I commented on it...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

Banjo-

@ThanosReXXX Yeah you always say the same thing, it's getting old... I have a life, I am not camping here and my answers are great anyway. You don't have to read them if you don't like them though, especially when they are not addressed to you! There are more people reading this than you, you know...

ThanosReXXX wrote:

Resident Evil 2? So, a remake of a remake? Wonder what they did to improve it this time, other than probably an up-rez of the graphics.

What are you talking about? LOL

Banjo-

Banjo-

@Cobalt

No problem. Yeah, the beginning of the generation was slow for Nintendo fans with a sweet but short-lived Wii U peak but now most of the really appealing Switch games are Wii U ports indeed so for Wii U owners, not a few as some people insist on saying but over 13 million people not counting second-hand buyers that now are playing the Wii U games for the first time, the Switch library is much less interesting, especially considering the fact that the Switch ports are full-priced and basically the same content with an easy mode. There are just a few Switch exclusives worth paying the price.

Nintendo stopped developing 3DS games, new 3DS releases are GameCube/Wii/Wii U ports; they merged the home and portable divisions and they are porting Wii U games to Switch, so I expected a more solid exclusive Switch library after two years, to be honest.

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

Dezzy

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@Dezzy Resident Evil 2? So, a remake of a remake? Wonder what they did to improve it this time, other than probably an up-rez of the graphics.

Lol did you think RE2 Remake was a second remake of the RE1 remake or something?
That would be the silliest naming convention ever.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

TuVictus

Haha, Resident Evil Remake 2 would certainly be a sight to behold

TuVictus

ThanosReXXX

@BlueOcean No offense, but I can say the same to you. You're quite frequently (too frequently) offended by me or by others, when there really is no need to be. Some time ago, I was actually glad that we finally kinda got on the same page, luckily, but apparently that wasn't something that you are able to hold on to, sadly enough.

I don't have any issues with you whatsoever, but I do have an issue with people being hurt or insulted over the slightest criticism on their comments, whether that's meant in all seriousness or in jest. I would hope to be able to expect more from an adult human being.

What I said was meant as no more than a tongue in cheek comment, not as an insult. If I actually wanted to insult you, or just make fun of you, my reaction would have been a lot shorter, and I wouldn't have gone through the effort of looking up links for you, for good and/or better options for cheap online subscriptions, which, believe it or not, was meant as a positive gesture.

But even if you do not "camp here", which none of us do, contrary to popular belief, at least we still take a minute to make sure we don't come across as being oblivious by answering questions that have already been answered, more than twice, by other members, which would have been clear by reading just a small handful of previous comments which followed directly after the one from Cobalt that you responded to, but which you apparently completely ignored in your haste to reply...

It's not like you had to wade through dozens of pages to get up to speed. Honestly, it's all kinda silly.
And yes, I actually DO read all the comments. Makes it a hell of a lot easier to not look like someone who hasn't been paying attention to a discussion and/or issue that has already been solved a day ago...

And yeah, I didn't know yet that Resident Evil 2 (yeah, my bad, you got me there) is getting a remake, yes.
So I reacted to Dezzy's post in that way. I was honestly wondering about what improvements have been made. Nothing wrong or unclear about that in any way.

P.S.

FREE+ means a free game with in-game micro-transactions, NOT a free game with DLC.

Great answers...
Yeah, right...
(disclaimer: tongue in cheek sarcasm was applied here)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Aw, shoot. My bad. That's what you get for reading too quick. Almost just as bad as not reading comments...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I'd assumed everyone had heard about the RE2 remake already. It was one of the biggest announcements of E3!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy I guess I must have seen it, since I've literally watched all the presentations and side shows, so it must have slipped my mind over the last half year.

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama My problem is I like ALL the game types. For those of us that started in at the beginning, "arcade" play was all there was (though I swore you started on NES?). Far from interactive reading. So that's what we got into it for. And Nintendo games have never been "interactive reading".....SMB was just arcade fun to play action. Even Zelda. It wasn't really until the SNES it became that immersive experience. Though I'm surprised from a fighting fan that you're the more story driven sort. That's kind of polar opposite. Me? I like everything...which is expensive and time sucking I can enjoy a graphic novel as much as Forza and R-Type. AC, as you've said, is a descendant of Prince of Persia. It's an action platformer first and foremost. Sure it has Michael Bay cinematics, but it's not meant as a deep story. Odyssey is an RPG, but being AC, it's still an action platformer (and checklist simulator) first and foremost. I enjoy exploring the world, but I don't expect it to have Dark Souls and TES levels of lore and story to it. I can't think of any action platformer that really does.

Also, I was with you up until "using rats to solve puzzles....."

@redd214 Still funny that you're the most hardcore racing enthusiast on all of NL probably, and you still don't mind Crew's physics

Crackdown looks.....I'm worried about it. I mean it looks quality, it looks like it's probably fun, but it seems to suffer so far from the MS curse that it's a game you have to play to get into to see why it's fun, but it doesn't sell itself just watching trailers. Nintendo games sell themselves on a glance, Sony games wow people with a trailer, and MS games are that really cool arcade cab in the back of the room that looks bland on the outside that nobody touches except that the regulars "in the know". Maybe it's really the Sega curse, continued....

@ThanosReXXX Haha, you're starting to get into that digital thing.... And yeah, I didn't need to be sold on a $7 game from a known good series It's the ones I don't know about that take some of your legendary s&m persuasion.

I tried out Mercenaries....hmm. It has that LucasArts charm. But I don't think it's aged so well. The concept is really cool, but between the visuals, audio mixing levels issues (common for the era), and just the game structure, controls, setup, shooting etc.... I want to love it and the DPRK backdrop is really unusual and cool (if a bit too real), but the shooting, and structure don't feel enticing either. I think it's one of those "you have to have played it in its own time to get it" kind of games.

@Cobalt Yeah if you're into traditional racing, you'll love Motorsport 7....I actually liked it more than Horizon 3 which I didn't expect, but Horizon 4 blows me away and surpasses it. The "feel" of Motorsport just handles so well. I'm not even a racing fan but it made me one. Horizon 4 borrows a lot of Motorsports physics, but intentionally not all of it, everything is a lot weightier and "slower" by nature on the hairpins of the circuit courses.

Yeah 2018 was kinda slow for Switch (though Smash is sucking my time now....it's a really fantastic game that surprised me considerably, I'm not one of those smash fan nuts.) That probably influenced me to get my X1X as well. Though a bigger part of it was probably seeing how much nicer the multiplats are on it than PS4 made buying those games on PS4 feel like wasting money.

@Delibheel When given a choice between XBox and pants, you choose pants. That says a lot about who you are as a person. You should give serious thought to your priorities.

@BlueOcean It's finally happened! You've discovered you inner emoji-master!

NEStalgia

Eel

Ok let's tone it down with the passive agressive emojis.

Let's do like Tommy Wiseau and move on, next question.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

TuVictus

I thought passive aggressive emojis were the only way to communicate here

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Banjo-

@Delibheel Remember to say so every time [insert emoji here].

@NEStalgia I did! I also said what more people here want to say . I had to get it off my chest.

Resident Evil 2 is already the game of 2019 for me although Devil May Cry 5 seems to be a lot of fun and I should get it too as a totally different thing.

I don't have Forza Motorsport 7 but the demo really impressed me with the graphics and realism. All I wanted from Forza Horizon 3 was 60 fps but now I have that on Forza Horizon 4.

ThanosReXXX wrote:

@BlueOcean By the way: why buy Xbox Live Gold from Microsoft when it is much cheaper at cdkeys.com, even with this official discount?
In my region, the official price is now €59.99/$59.99, while the cdkeys price is €37.99/$44.99...

You are right (as always), why would anyone want to save 40% on Xbox.com when they could save 25% on Cdkeys.com? [insert emoji here]

£39.99/year → £23.99
€59.99/year → €35.99
$59.99/year → $35.99

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/xbox-live-gold/cfq7ttc0k5dj...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/p/xbox-live-gold/cfq7ttc0k5dj...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-live-gold/cfq7ttc0k5dj...

Edited on by Banjo-

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@ReaderRagfihs @Delibheel Had to be gator. I always thought he was just an XBox fanboy until I got the X1X and his ranting still made no sense, and I pointed out the lack of difference between Nintendo and XBox with whatever he was ranting about and I never heard from him again.

NEStalgia

Banjo-

@NEStalgia Is Gator the guy with the Super Mario Bros. film Goomba? profile picture? I haven't seen that one in a long while.

Banjo-

NEStalgia

@Delibheel Thankfully! But that's the first one I thought of with the "head in the sand" comment. I think that was one of his cliches.

NEStalgia

Cobalt

@NEStalgia So I inserted the disc of Forza 7 and there is an update of more than 60 GB ! YAYYYY o_O

There is something strange. The system asked me if I wanted to update, I said OK and now the screen is TOTALLY BLACK !!! o_O No progression bar, no percentage, nothing...
Do I have to panic or... ?

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic