Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 11,914

6ch6ris6

wtf xbox one s is not available in black? then it is not a real xbox

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

ThanosReXXX

@6ch6ris6 Nope, only in white, but there's nothing wrong with that. After all: the original Xbox 360 was also white...

I actually think it's rather stylish, and it looks good next to my big TV...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

DarkRula

My Forza One hasn't had any trouble with updates. The fan makes itself heard quite a bit, but that's about it. I've definitely been thinking of the X upgrade, because a lighter console with no external power brick taking up space is a definite plus.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Dezzy

6ch6ris6 wrote:

wtf xbox one s is not available in black? then it is not a real xbox

Good time to ask this question.

I literally just bought an Xbox One S at long last. Bought it today because I just found one of the very few Grey versions of the console for a good price. Nearly all of the versions of the console are white but they did make a few special edition grey ones (I know it's spelled 'gray' in the US, I just can't get used to that spelling I'm afraid):

Untitled

Looks fairly close to black. I just hated the white one.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Got my Xbox today. Gotta say, what it lacks in exclusives it makes up for in the beauty of the console.

My main dilemma is now the fact that I only own 360 games and don't have any current gen Xbox games. Luckily a lot of them are quite cheap.

But the biggest benefit is that I can finally play Red Dead Redemption, which I completely missed last gen.

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Congrats.
As for those current gen games: I'd say go online to cdkeys.com for example, buy yourself a cheap 12 month Xbox Live Gold subscription, and then proceed to download your two free current (and two last) gen games from Games with Gold every month. That alone is already worth the 30 - 40 pounds of the subscription. (even if you're not into online gaming)

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

NaviAndMii

Dezzy wrote:

But the biggest benefit is that I can finally play Red Dead Redemption, which I completely missed last gen.

You are in for an absolute treat! I totally adore Red Dead Redemption - one of those rare games that kept me hooked in its world right through to 100% completion (and beyond!) ..it was an absolute pleasure to experience - one that truly compelled me squeeze every last drop of content out of it - I cannot recommend it highly enough! Enjoy!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

Given that I've already got a PS4, I'm mostly gonna use this for Xbox exclusive stuff (last gen cross-platform stuff also counting as Xbox exclusive for me since I don't have a PS3).

I've managed to look around some used game websites and have found Gears 4, Halo 5 and Gears 1 Remastered all for about £5 each. So just ordered those 3. Absolute bargain. This is why waiting til a console is several years old is good.

Back compat, I've got Red Dead, Fable 2 and Lost Odyssey on my shelf already. None of which have I played before. I'm hoping Tales of Vesperia and FF13-2 get released quite soon too. I don't know why I never got round to 13-2, because I'm one of the few people who actually liked FF13.

Edited on by Dezzy

meppi64

I had no idea there was an Xbox thread here!
Just got a Xbox One S last month as I'm switching over from Playstation to Xbox once more.
Did the same thing with the 360 when I initially got one just for the Cave Shoot em ups in 2011 and it ended up being my preferred system over the PS3.
Was ready to jump on board the X1 when that conference happend in 2013 and decided to abandon ship and go with Nintendo (as always) and Sony instead.

But I've become really frustrated with them over the past few years, not just because of them shutting down a couple of my favourite companies, but also how they handled the Vita and actually killed it themselves, while focussing on their new money making scheme, PS VR, while pretending Vita didn't even exist.
Being a huge portable gamer, that left a vile taste in my mouth.
Heck, even Sega did whatever they could with the Saturn and Dreamcast, despite knowing that whatever game they were bringing out at the end of it's life wasn't going to make any money.
But they did it for their fans and took the financial hit anyway.

So yeah, back to Xbox for me.
Their backwards compatibility initiative was the thing that make me take notice again and garnered quite a bit of goodwill from me.
So I picked up an X1S with Forza Horizon 3 and HotWheels for 179€ and have bought a ton of games already. (I can take a picture if anyone it interested).
Bought a whole bunch of 360 games as well as I'm selling off all my 3rd part PS3/4 games and swapping them out for Xbox ones.
I'm getting back into battlefield 4 and 1 in anticipation of 5 and I mainly play arcade games other wise.
This week I've been playing quite a bit of Crazy Taxi and Dodonpachi Resurrection for instance.

The only thing I'm missing is some more people on my friends list, as it's pretty barren right now.
Would be great for games like Trials and such as well.
So if anyone wants to add me, it's meppi64.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

ThanosReXXX

@Dezzy Ah, okay. Well, with Games with Gold, you get two free Xbox 360 AND two free Xbox One games per month, so taking into account the comparatively low amount of money that you've got to pay for a 12 month subscription, that comes down to far less than 5 pounds per game. And you may not like or want all of them, but on average, it's about 500 - 600 pounds worth of games per year.

And there actually IS a lot of exclusive stuff in there, also some great Xbox Arcade games and indies.
But don't jump in on my account, just thought I'd mention it to you. I'd say just keep an eye on that Games with Gold page, and if you see something you do like, you could always jump in at a later time.

ThanosReXXX

@meppi64 Ha! I got the exact same bundle as you. And in my local game shop, they added an extra free game to it, out of a choice of four. I chose COD WW2.

Like I said to Dezzy, you can keep a lookout for cheap Xbox Live subscriptions on cdkeys.com, and be sure to check the Games with Gold page on Xbox.com for your monthly free games, once you've got a subscription.

EDIT:
P.S.

As for having no idea about this thread: there's all kinds of non-Nintendo related topics to be found in the forums. Heck, there's even a Playstation fan thread...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

meppi64

@ThanosReXXX I really don't know why I missed it.
I must have checked the other gaming section before, but somehow didn't see it.
I normally keep to the Arcade and Switch threads, but have been absent for a couple of weeks due to heath problems.

It's really surprising how great those bundles can be. While CoD isn't really my thing for the most part, getting it on top of the FH3 bundle is incredible value.
Reminds me of my Sega Saturn pickup back in the day. 238€ with Sega Rally and the just released Fighters Megamix. Such a bargain at the time.

A couple of weeks ago, when the news about the Pinball Arcade came out, I bought all the seasons on Xbox One as well since I have more faith in them carrying over to upcoming generations that I do on my PS4, even though I have all seasons on there as well. Same with the Vita and now Switch.
So yeah, anyone into score attacks for pinball games or arcade style games would certainly be more than welcome as well as it's always fun to try and beat the score of someone you know, compared to a total stranger, even if it just on a message board. Just look at the shoot em up score attack thread on Switch.

I actually ended up buying a Japanese 360 back then as well to play the rest of the Cave shooters as well as stuff like Raiden Fighters and Pengo which were region locked.
Just found out last month that my second JP 360, which I bought as a backup system in case my original one dies one day had a different power base since it was the last produced model, and my step down couldn't draw enough Wattage for longer than an hour without overheating.
So I bought another 2nd hand PAL 360 just for the correct power brick for 80€.
Now I got 5 lol. 3 PAL and 2 JP systems. So glad the new Xbox is region free!
My biggest wish is that all those Japanese 360 shoot em ups will become backwards compatible one day.
There's such a wealth of goodness right there that you don't find anywhere else and it shouldn't be locked behind an old system as well as a region lock.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

ThanosReXXX

@meppi64 Haha, yeah, I can relate to those import issues/jealousies. What me and a friend did back in the 360 days, is simply also make an American account, so we could get both PAL and NTSC titles on our console, because sometimes, the releases in the digital shop and the free games on offer were different from each other. I'd imagine that it would have worked the same for Japanese games, seeing as these were also NTSC.

And although I was a victim to the infamous RROD, I got Microsoft to get it fixed within 10 days, and after that,
I never had any problems again, so I've still got the original grey Xbox 360. Works like a charm to this day...

As for my choice for COD WW2 with the Xbox One Forza Horizon 3 bundle: I had the choice between Destiny 2, Gears of War 4, Halo 4 and COD WW2.

Now, a friend had already bought me Destiny 2, and believe it or not, I haven't finished the previous Halo and Gears games yet, so I didn't want to add to my backlog, so I chose the COD WW2 game.

Speaking about the Forza Horizon 3 bundle, have you ever seen the limited edition?
Untitled
And yes, that IS real...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

meppi64

@ThanosReXXX Oh I have a Japanese account as I needed it to get those special DLC modes working on certain shoot em ups.
The problem there was that a lot of games were IP locked as well, so you could buy certain things on a Japanese account with a Japanese system from Europe, but a lot of games gave you an error on the shop.
It was quite the mess. So buying a Japanese 360 and lots of Japanese retail games through videogameimports was my solution.
Such a shame that the wealth of shoot em ups on 360 didn't translate to the Xbox one.
Luckily the Switch seems to be the new undisputed haven for arcade games and shooting games in particular.
Although I just switched my PAL Xbox account to a USA one for a couple hours to be able to buy Battle Garegga and Dangun Feveron from the US store since they don't seem to be coming out over here.
Hopefully more M2 game conversions will follow.

I'd love to see EDF5 and New Gundam Breaker be announced for the system at E3 as well as those are 2 of my favourite series and I'd prefer to play them on this system, even though I already have the Japanese PS4 version of EDF 5 imported.

It's been a while since I saw that Forza Horizon LE console. lol
Can't say I'm a fan myself, but I have to give the credit for being bonkers enough to actually make something like that.

meppi64

ThanosReXXX

@meppi64 Yeah, would have never bought that myself either, even if I would have had the cash. The controller looks nice, though...

As for shooters: do you mean vertical ones, or others? A lot of games are backward compatible, and I've got a few gems that I can share between the two consoles. (in case you weren't aware: you can share one profile between an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One, but not between two similar consoles)

So, basically, almost all titles that I've downloaded with Games with Gold on my Xbox 360 over the years, can also be downloaded to the Xbox One, so I've got quite a few of these classic Arcade games on there.

If you want to know which games I have/play, then you can find my Xbox One tag in my profile page on this site. I haven't got much time to play games, though, so you can add me or send me a request if you want, but I've no idea how often I will be online or not, so whether or not that's of any use to you, is something you will have to decide for yourself.

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

meppi64

@ThanosReXXX
Yeah, I'm mostly talking about vertical shooters like this:

Although I have a couple of horizontal ones like Akai Katana as well.

But I normally prefer vertical ones by far. Akai Katana is actually one of my favourite horizontal ones.
There are 12 of these released by Cave on the 360, which was the sole reason why I bought the system in the first place.
I wasn't planning on buying anything else, but then I saw XBLA and tried games like Trials HD and fell in love with a whole bunch of them. Got Gear 2 with the system but didn't even play it till about a month later since I didn't think it would be for me. Again, the game surprised me so much that I started looking into a ton of other games and really broadened my horizon to the more "mature" and western games, since I tend to heavily gravitate towards Japanese games.

I can use my profile on all my systems btw, it just depends on which systems are registered as your home console I think.
I've got 2 360's as my home systems, one for my PAL library and one for the Japanese account. Since those can then be played offline as well. And I use a profile on a USB stick for the other ones so I can still log in and play my digital games on there. You need to be online for that though.
The IP lock was something really specific. I don't remember the exact details, but certain Japanese only XBLA games for instance were region free, so you could buy them with a PAL profile or a Japanese one from anywhere in the world.
But some games were IP locked, so even though they were basically region free and could be played on any 360, you couldn't buy them from the store, even with a Japanese profile unless you were in Japan, or had a VPN set up to pretend you were in Japan.
It was a really dumb security setup that messed with people who wanted to import. So phycial copies were the answer to that.

There's quite a few of these shoot em ups that are region free btw, so if you're interested, I can look uptake list. I'm pretty sure Dodonpachi Resurrection for instance is one, perhaps Akai Katana as well. And those games are super cheap in Europe. Think 20€ or so brand new.

I'll add you tonight when I boot up my system.

meppi64

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX BTW, I just discovered Assassin's Creed 1, still the best AC game IMO (Origins is a way better game overall, but AC1 is still the only one that has the unique vision of AC) is still for digital sale and works on X1, and Jade Empire, and Knights of the Old Republic are XBox One X enhanced (4k rendering)....X-Box0 games rejiggered for X1X graphics. That's pretty cool! I played those games on PC first...loved them...some of my all time favorites. Getting them back again and arguably even better looking is pretty amazing! Heck I built my Vista rig just to play Jade Empire...it wouldn't run on my old Win2k box at the time

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ThanosReXXX "Heck, there's even a Playstation fan thread" The PS4 fan thread is actually popular though. This thread was dormant for a year before you and I started spamming it

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@ThanosReXXX

I'll look at it from time to time but I'm not sure it'll be for me. I already own most of the cross-platform AAA games that I want on the PS4, so I mostly just got the Xbox for exclusives and backcompat.
Most of the exclusives are pretty damn cheap to buy used at this point so I'll most likely just do that!
Most 360 games are incredibly cheap to buy used as well.

ThanosReXXX

@meppi64 Ah yes. You're actually right: I looked it up back when I bought my Xbox One last year, because I wanted to know if I needed to buy another Xbox Live subscription or not. You may never know with these money-hungry companies...

And what I found was this:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/manage-gamertag-and...

And that indeed mentions the one console (of the same generation) login at a time, and not a certain number of consoles. If you log in to two Xbox 360's or Xbox One's at the same time, one of the two will automatically sign out.

BUT:
You actually CAN simultaneously login to an Xbox 360 and an Xbox One at the same time and share (compatible) content across the two instantly.
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/security/concurrent...

So, once I knew I could use my profile on both the 360 and the One, I forgot about the rest that these pages mentioned, and that's what got me slightly confused. Oh, well...

Anyway, I'll save you the trouble of making the entire shoot em up list: I do like to play them sometimes, but it's not my most favorite genre, and once you're in my list, I can simply take a look at what you have and play, and vice versa.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic