Forums

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,244

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

That 250 was over the course of a year. I'm not ins-.... well, I'm not that insane.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

redd214

Played Sea of Thieves at my buddy's house yesterday for about 5 or 6 hours. Honestly the game does have bright spots and can be fun but without any real progression or incentive to keep playing (outside of "creating your own story") I really have no desire to go back to it atm. I understand the reasoning for the decisions that Rare made but a few hours in we started asking each other "is this it.?" it's a solid foundation that will surely be built upon but as of right now it's a very very barebones experience imo. Hopefully the add in a ton more content because it was genuinely fun and hilarious until we realized that it was all essentially fetch quests over and over.

Friend Code: SW-6622-7227-4707

Knighty_IX

I'm not familiar with the Xbox 360 library, so I'd like some advise on choosing which games to pick up. I do not own a PS3 but PC is a viable option. Not a sports fan, my interests mostly lies on RPGs and Shooters.

Games I already have

Halo 3, ODST, Reach
Rainbow Six Vegas, 2
Ghost Recon Trilogy
Fable II
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trilogy

Knighty_IX

link3710

@Knighty_IX

• I've heard good things about Blue Dragon, but I haven't had a chance to play it myself.
  • The original Mass Effect trilogy is pretty much the best fusion of shooter and RPG I've ever played, so I'd definitely recommend that.
  • I believe Dragon Age was available on 360, though I don't know how the quality of the port was.
  • Borderlands 1&2 were great, though much of the best content in the original is in the DLC.
  • I know there was a Tales of game on 360, though I can't vouch for the quality?

link3710

Knighty_IX

@link3710 thank you for the reply

I also heard good things about Blue Dragon but I don't know much about it to garner my immediate attention. I'll keep an eye on it for now.

I'll add Mass Effect Trilogy to my list, thanks for the recommendation.

I'm also interested in the Dragon Age series but again I don't know much about the series to begin with.

I played a bit of Borderlands, I kinda liked it but hearing that DLC is the best part of the experience does put a damper on things.

I read about the whole debacle with the PS3 vs 360 versions of Tales of Vesperia, but I want to know if it's still worth purchasing regardless.

Knighty_IX

DarthNocturnal

I think Borderlands on 360 (and maybe BC on XB1) comes with all DLC. And I would think the GotY version of 2 would be dirt cheap in a sale (although you'd be better off getting the Handsome Collection, but that's XB1/ PS4 only...)

Knighty_IX

@DarthNocturnal That Handsome Collection does sound tempting, I think I'll get the first Borderlands and hold off on 2 in case if I do get an XB1/PS4 sometime in the future. Thanks for your help.

Knighty_IX

CaffeinatedGamer

@Knighty_IX One of the favorites for RPGs was Lost Odyssey. Also, Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remnant (also on PC) were also talked about a lot in addition to those games already mentioned. I also really enjoyed Enchanted Arms.

When you say shooters, do you mean mostly first-person or third-person? Or do you also appreciate arcade, top-down, twin-stick shooters as well? The 360 is one of my favorite consoles with so many fantastic games, including its magnificent list of XBLA games.

Here's a list of some of my favorite 360 games, not including games you can now find on PC.
Child of Eden
Hydro Thunder
Akai Katana
Radiant Silvergun
Triggerheart Exelica
Assault Heroes 1 & 2
Project Sylpheed
Bangai-O HD
SEGA Rally
Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4
Too Human
Mutant Storm Reload and Mutant Storm Empire
Ninety-Nine Nights
Undertow

I feel like I'm missing some...although I would totally say Rez HD, but it's now available on PC as Rez Infinite and it's amazing. Also, I would normally say Afterburner Climax and OutRun, but both are no longer available on the store.

CaffeinatedGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

Knighty_IX

@CaffeinatedGamer whoa that's a lot of games to consider. I appreciate that you took the trouble to list off your favorites on XBLA but for now I'm focusing on getting physical copies of Xbox 360 games, so I'll reserve your list for future reference.

When I said Shooters, I meant it in a general broad term so Third Person Shooters, First Person Shooters, twin stick arcade shooters are all accepted. I noticed that some of the games you listed are arcade shooters and they do pique my interests.

I'm definitely looking forward to Lost Odyssey, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't heard of Infinite Undiscovery or Enchanted Arms before so I'll check them out sooner or later. As for The Last Remnant, I heard the PC version is superior to the console versions so I might get it on the PC instead.

There's this one game that caught my attention recently, Resonance of Fate. Have you played this game before, and would you (or anyone else) recommend this game?

Edited on by Knighty_IX

Knighty_IX

CaffeinatedGamer

Sounds like a good plan!

As for Resonance of Fate, I never did get around to it but had it on my list of games to check out back in the day. I did just notice it's developed by tri-Ace, who also developed Infinite Undiscovery, among many other noticeable titles.

CaffeinatedGamer

Switch Friend Code: SW-2758-5133-6410 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7714-7740 | Twitter:

Knighty_IX

@CaffeinatedGamer yeah not only was it developed by tri-Ace, its stylish cinematography and interesting combat mechanics revolving around customizable guns and its steampunk aesthetics intrigued me. I also read that one of its composers is Motoi Sakuraba, which I recently became a fan of his work on the Baten Kaitos series. It might be worth picking this game up, but I still need to check out both Infinite Undiscovery and Enchanted Arms though.

Knighty_IX

CanisWolfred

Just realized that there are only a couple more left that I need to be backwards compatible (until you start counting Xbox original games...I kinda gave up on those. If my 360 dies, I might just grab an original Xbox. Then I could track down Otogi 1 and 2, as well as Gunvalkyrie), at least that I could think of:

Akai Katana
Burnout Revenge
Culdcept Saga
Deathsmiles (which is also on Steam, mind you, so I could always double dip if necessary)
Raiden Fighters Aces (which I already played a lot of years ago)

I might be forgetting some, but I think the next time I boot up the Xbox 360, I'll focus on completing those 5.

EDIT: Oh yeah, there was also a console version of Quake III: Arena, but I don't think that's even playable anymore...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal

A bunch of Original XBOX titles are coming later this month.

April 17th, we get:

• Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3

And on the 26th:

• Destroy All Humans! (wooooo)
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries (WOOOOO, loved it on PS2)
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 (is it too late to get online?)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • KOTOR 2
  • Star Wars Republic Commando

Also, Sonic Generations is BC now, and has XB1X enhancements.

Grumblevolcano

I hope Sonic 06, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing comes to backwards compatibility soon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CanisWolfred

DarthNocturnal wrote:

A bunch of Original XBOX titles are coming later this month.

April 17th, we get:

• Blinx: The Time Sweeper
  • Breakdown
  • Conker: Live & Reloaded
  • Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • Hunter: The Reckoning
  • Jade Empire
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • SSX 3

And on the 26th:

• Destroy All Humans! (wooooo)
  • Full Spectrum Warrior
  • Mercenaries (WOOOOO, loved it on PS2)
  • MX Unleashed
  • Panzer Elite Action: Fields of Glory
  • Star Wars Battlefront
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 (is it too late to get online?)
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Starfighter
  • KOTOR 2
  • Star Wars Republic Commando

Also, Sonic Generations is BC now, and has XB1X enhancements.

Seriously was starting to worry that they forgot about original Xbox titles. Glad to see I was wrong!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Dezzy

I never thought backwards compatibility would make me buy a console but I think it might make me buy an Xbone quite soon.

I never had an original Xbox OR an Xbox 360 so it really would be a bargain. I think when they finally announce Tales of Vesperia for backcompat that'll push me over the line.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy You’re British, yes?

Last November, you could buy an Xbox One S bundle with Rocket League - ‘Collector’s Edition’ - for £159.

Untitled

I honestly believe you can buy an Xbox One S later this year for less than £149, as Microsoft always go crazy with their prices in both November and December respectively. If I hadn’t bought a Switch a few months ago, I would have had the same inklings as you, seeing as the backwards compatibility output is more exciting than what they have put out this generation IMO.

Peek-a-boo

Dezzy

@Peek-a-boo

Yep I live in Britain. That's a good price. I'd definitely get one at that price.

Lol I only just found out that the Xbox One S is actually slightly faster than the original model as well. I thought it was just smaller and had more storage. Cool.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

Octane

Yeah, the One S is incredibly cheap. They were €165 (£142!) last year!

Problem is, looking through their list of exclusives, I can't find any reason to pick one up, even if you include their BC programme. All I can think of is Sunset Overdrive and The Last Night (upcoming indie game). But that's all, I think. Perhaps ReCore...

Octane

Peek-a-boo

@Dezzy Mathematically, it is 8% more powerful than the OG Xbox One, because they freed up some of the RAM that was originally used for Kinect 2.0, which turned out to be a bit of a wet fart...

It doesn’t seem to speed up the sluggish UI, unfortunately.

It is so slow and cumbersome when you compare it to the minimalistic/simplistic UI on both the PlayStation 4 and Switch, and all those OS updates seemingly amount to very little. It drives me potty!

@Octane Likewise.

I played and completed Ori and the Blind Forest and Sunset Overdrive when I was housesitting my friends place for a month whilst he was in New Zealand. Both games are superb!

I wasn’t overly struck on Quantum Break, especially the way the story was implemented by reading important stuff on files and computers in the middle of a gunfight (!) ReCore is a game of mixed quality - enjoyable platforming, but there was not enough of it, and finding those cores was an exercise in tedium.

It definitely needed more time in the oven, that’s for sure.

So yeah, for me, the backwards compatibility is its best draw however, with a (new) Switch and a PlayStation 4, I just simply cannot find the time to justify another console.

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic